Canny's Wip - Page 48
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Thread: Canny's Wip

Marines are looking good Canny. Definitely digging a bright orange beard.

After a little searching I found this
    Name:  viking-dragon-viking-shield.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  12.5 KB
    So I figured I would start with the shield. . . I plan to have the serpent black on a cold blue shield.
    Name:  step1.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  973.2 KB
    I figured I would have it chipped and scratched so I layed down some wood tones
    Name:  step2.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  958.3 KB
    Then drew some grain on and a few slashes, then darkened up the sculpted details.
    All this will be mostly covered with the Blue but I figured it would be easier to paint wood now than in the cracks after . . .and now I can choose the best parts to leave.

Happy painting
    Last edited by Canny; 04-15-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Nice work on the wood grain, shame it’s going to be covered over with the blue... that freehand design will look awesome on that shield.

‘Tis e very niceie niiiice!!!( borat )

The shield is great no doubt about it, but your vice grips to hold it stole the show for me. Pure modern day ingenuity at its best right there :P
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

I'm looking forward to seeing the freehand! The base wood looks great- it's always kind of scary painting on top of it

Great wood effect. Looking forward to seeing the serpent on top of it.

Loving that shield mate, beautiful wood effect
    Regards

David

Thanks Gent! Tomorrow I will do the blue and the serpent, I'm out surviving a Dungeon tonight! I even got to level 2 last week with my dwarf warrior ( my 1st ever DnD character)

Thank you all for checking in, about 12 days to go until I get the High resolution prints back for the gothic style base toppers too.

AND THE GOOOLD TROPHY GOES TO ....BaM and his wonderful base toppers that solidified his placeings.

nice work on the shield so far. very good placement of the colours
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Bit more Progress on a few things. . . . You bet BAM!!!
    Name:  Harald.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  66.7 KB

And the chaplain
    Name:  Chaplain.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  114.4 KB
    Happy painting
    Last edited by Canny; 04-21-2018 at 03:38 AM.

That shield is looking fantastic mate. I fear the chaplain is edging towards dark silver more than black though

Nicely done on that reflective/ shiny armor. You’ve sold the two properties of a metallic substances . And the shiled color is perfect.

the shield is looking great, really good weathering. light placement is good on the armour
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Love those colours on the shield, both sides of it!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Im pleased you like them, Yeah its almost too shiny But I like it like that and thats as far as I will go for the Chaplain. The shield has had some more progress and Im unsure if it needs some blues washed over the top or something to make it a bit more together. maybe some like weathering streaks or something your ideas are needed!

After looking around at other shields, it needs another layer of BAM grime and Maybe a touch of blood. . .
    Name:  harald Dragon.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  129.6 KB
    Here is a little teaser of his test colours. . . .
    Name:  dwarf.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  130.9 KB