How I Store My Zombicide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How I Store My Zombicide

Default How I Store My Zombicide

Just thought I'd share a few pics of my Zombicide storage solution (which, as of now, isn't too difficult but with the expansions things could get out of hand):
    I started with everyone's favorite artist box from Hobby Lobby...Name:  Zombicide Case 1.jpg
Views: 12026
Size:  109.0 KB
    ...tossed in the rules and faq...
    Name:  Zombicide Case 3.jpg
Views: 10085
Size:  229.4 KB...did some customization to it to add more space for tokens and pieces...Name:  Zombicide Case 6.jpg
Views: 15405
Size:  294.8 KB
    ...then finished off with a place for tiles and zombies. Those empty holes are for Toxic City Mall (on top) and Prison Outbreak.Name:  Zombicide Case 5.jpg
Views: 11889
Size:  255.9 KB

There's plenty of room for both expansions on both levels. Notice the open space for my survivors - if anyone out there would like to fill it up with Season 1 promos please feel free - I'll give my proxies the boot, no questions asked
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Very nice. Now you just need to decorate the box like this - http://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/11835...w_type=gallery

That might be a tad too colorful for my tastes...but I think if I could find someone to burn in the logo then that would be awesome! Thanks for the kind words.

That is an awesome idea! ^_^ Mine are just tossed in zip bags in the box, but after so much use the box is kinda falling apart lol
    Reality is a subjective concept...

I don't get it. You're so proud of your storage solution you put it on eBay? Or is that a different one?

Quote Originally Posted by Patient-Zero View Post
    I don't get it. You're so proud of your storage solution you put it on eBay? Or is that a different one?
    And $100 seems a bit steep for something that can't have cost more than $30.
    In memoriam - the Tearful 107, May 6th 2012

(banner by Joshua "Cornbread" Harris (AKA: Skittlebrau))

Don't pay attention to the criticism. This is what a free market is all about. Congrats and cool box!

they are different posters, so guessing not the same person
    Reality is a subjective concept...

What are the dimension of your box?

Quote Originally Posted by G_Q View Post
    they are different posters, so guessing not the same person
    Who are different posters?

I believe what Patient_Zero is referring to is this ebay sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zombicide-Cu...-/181182347573

which uses exactly the same pictures as the OP, so either that ebay sale is a scam, or they're likely the same person (or closely related).

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Who are different posters?

I believe what Patient_Zero is referring to is this ebay sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zombicide-Cu...-/181182347573

which uses exactly the same pictures as the OP, so either that ebay sale is a scam, or they're likely the same person (or closely related).
    Total rip-off, I'd be surprised if someone is fool enough to buy this.

First, yes I am the same person on eBay. Secondly, I tried to list multiple items for this but for whatever reason eBay wouldn't give the option to do so. I have made up to eight of these so far and was hoping to sell some of them to other players who might like an alternate way to store their game. If $100 seems too steep a price for some of you, well obviously don't buy...however, if you look at similar cases out there on eBay or Kickstarter (for the game Dominion) you'll see it's in line with them and that's how I chose my price. Customizing anything takes time and money - it wasn't very hard to do and I encourage others to go to Hobby Lobby for the case and extra wood, then follow my pictures to make your own. My listing is for those people who would rather not go through the trouble and has the extra money to spend. If I don't sell a single one of these, it's no big deal to me - I've got plenty of other games to use them on (I'll just have to do some tweaking). I've already did one for my Arkham Horror game and expansions - it holds everything except the actual game boards and instructions which I store in the original game box. Sorry to offend some of you - wasn't my intention. Good luck Zombie hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by markallanreynolds View Post
    I have made up to eight of these so far and was hoping to sell some of them to other players who might like an alternate way to store their game. Sorry to offend some of you - wasn't my intention. Good luck Zombie hunting!
    No offense here. Making more to sell makes sense to me and you're welcome to ask whatever you'd like on your auctions. It is a free market as Wigdog pointed out. Shoogoo, you know what they say about a fool and their money, right?

No offence here either.

I think $100 is too much, but I do also agree you have every right to ask for however much you want.

Good luck with selling them.

Default Lowered price

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    No offence here either.

I think $100 is too much, but I do also agree you have every right to ask for however much you want.

Good luck with selling them.

Considering how many I've sold (NONE), I've decided you guys might be on to something so I've lowered the price to $75.00 and I'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by markallanreynolds View Post
    Considering how many I've sold (NONE), I've decided you guys might be on to something so I've lowered the price to $75.00 and I'll see how it goes.
    That's half way to the price I would have suggested if you had asked me how much I thought was a reasonable price to sell them for.

Here's my solution. Printed large and small labels on yellow tagboard for visibility. Cut them out, and glued the large ones to a piece of chipboard. Cut 4 pieces of foamcore and slotted them so they'd interlink and cross each other. Glued the foamcore to the chipboard with the labels on it. Then glued the smaller labels on the foamcore. This way I can insert the whole thing without any attachment to the original box. I used two labels so it was easy to see where things went if the box was empty or full. I use the Prison Break Box for the tiles, instructions, player cards, and rubble. Then I only have to keep this box on the table when playing. Keeping all the tiles in one stack helps them re-flatten after I'm sure you've all had the dreaded tile warping happen.

Name:  zombicideBox.jpg
Views: 11921
Size:  420.1 KB

This is how I store my zombies:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by squipple View Post
    Here's my solution. Printed large and small labels on yellow tagboard for visibility. Cut them out, and glued the large ones to a piece of chipboard. Cut 4 pieces of foamcore and slotted them so they'd interlink and cross each other. Glued the foamcore to the chipboard with the labels on it. Then glued the smaller labels on the foamcore. This way I can insert the whole thing without any attachment to the original box. I used two labels so it was easy to see where things went if the box was empty or full. I use the Prison Break Box for the tiles, instructions, player cards, and rubble. Then I only have to keep this box on the table when playing. Keeping all the tiles in one stack helps them re-flatten after I'm sure you've all had the dreaded tile warping happen.

Name:  zombicideBox.jpg
Views: 11921
Size:  420.1 KB
    clever solution! I would copy

I love this idea, but unfortunately im too OCD to do it.. i wouldn't be able to stand having my walker types mixed up.. I do like the idea of using the original box though.. great work!