Sigmar3's WIP - Page 17
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigmar3's WIP

You’ve improved so much bud!!!!

Really appreciate it guys. The Raging Heroes figures I've found to be really fun characters, great poses and such. However they vary a lot in quality. Whether that be the sculpt or flash or whatever, and a lot of people on the Kickstarter had a lot of trouble with left over oils and such like, from the casting process, making them difficult to prep. I've had some trouble too but it a way it's made me not.....too precious with them if that makes sense. I don't mind if they aren't perfect or have some dodgy mold bits on them and I've found it helps me enjoy painting them more. I don't know it strange lol

And to tell the truth ekipage is correct, she's really just an Italian restaurant critic, that's her background.

Yay, after a bit of a (unintended) break I managed jump back in. Phone picture not very good but here we go. Really enjoying this one so far.

I’m in looove- with the paintjob I swear !!! No it’s not because she’s scantily clad !!!:-/ lol gr8 job

I want to give one of these Raging Heroes a try one of these days because I see great work like this! The skin tones are looking great. I'm looking forward to seeing more updates on this dark beauty

Really smooth work on the skin, nice amount of contrast without overdoing it! Keep it up bud!

Yeah the skin color rocks!
    The eye makeup looks great as well.

I don't know how deep WIP she still is and what you're about to do next but whats really missing for me at the moment is darklining to tidy her up and let the details pop.
    Another point is shadows. Especially the NMM parts need a lot more. But you are on a good way. And when I look at some of your other stuff I'm sure you will make it.
    As you have shown already with the Kingsman on page 9.

Stay on it, really looks promising

You’ve caught the personality of this one!

Thanks guys, and cheers for the feedback. Yeah I still have things to do, and I might do a bit of black lining. If done well it really helps, as you say. Plus hopefully when I'm done I can take a pic with an actual camera with decent light lol, instead of under the lamp with my phone at 9pm.

I want to strengthen the shadows on the red too.

Pretty much all done. Quite enjoyed this one, especially as it started out as a more of a distraction than anything else. I'll try and get some better photos done at some point. Thanks for the feedback guys and girls (ooo should say, I'll also probably sort the base out too! At some point lol)

Congratulations for the finished project

The skin looks pretty good. There're a few spots where you could have smoothen out the blends a tiny bit more, for example the left shoulder and the left leg. Bot overall it looks very smooth.

What lacks are shadows. Especially the purple cloth but also the NMM needs more contrast and deeper shadows. If you'll paint another small mini like that with lots of tiny details I'ld recommend using lack primer only. I think you didn't do yourself a favor using b/w-priming on this one. You can then leave the deepest creases unpainted and get "auto-blacklining" what really sharpens the whole mini a lot.

For the NMM try to reduce the amount of middle tones in your blends and enlarge the highlight and shadow areas to make it look more reflective. I'ld highly recommend to check out Ben Komets Painting Bhudda videos on youtube. It really boosted my painting. He's also explains the "loaded brush" technique that I use a lot myself now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VepX...5mkcZ5Y7E&t=0s

The purple cloth needs much more shadows. It also tends to look a bit chalky in the highlights. Glazing highlight colors with white mixed in tends to get chalky pretty fast. I usually work the other way around. Means place the highlight color quite thick and then shade down using layers/glazes. This way you avoid your highlights to chalk and the highlights look smooth.
    Same applies to the hair a bit.

So in general be more brave towards depper shadows to increase contrast (never heard anyone complain that a mini has too much contrast ^^ It's never enough xD)

P.S:

Hope I didn't discourage you with all that critique. Some people like it, some people don't and I don't know whether you prefer it since you didn't specificly ask for it. But usually 99% of critique is meant in a positive way to help to improve

Haha no worries, I've been painting a long time don't worry. The Painting Bhudda videos were always awesome, shame they stopped (anyone know the reason actually?).

Thanks for the feed back. Most of the problems I have are my own lack of time, or ability to make the time to paint consistently and improve really, but I hear you. Always willing to learn of course. I used to undercoat 100% with black and totally agree that it helps with the deep shadows etc. But I went off it a bit for whatever reason, mainly to experiment I guess. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar3 View Post
    The Painting Bhudda videos were always awesome, shame they stopped (anyone know the reason actually?).
    The guy who did it thought that he can make a living of it, did not, as solution he worked too hard and his health imploded.

Very nice work. Agree with some of the critiques. Wonderful work on the skin tones, love the heart and blood (such a dark figure and I like it), eye make up looks extremely good. Overall, a beautiful mini and looks like it was fun to paint. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks QP appreciate it. Shame about the Painting Bhudda videos too. I knew the guy had taken a bit of a break and tried to get back back into the swing of things then it never really happened. Great videos though

The KD white lion looks pretty sweet. Noice colour choices and well blended. Glad I don’t meet him down a dark alley at night. Skellies look good too. Really liking the way you have painted the bones.

For myself I’ll focus on saying it’s one of your best. It’s hard to gauge critique which is why I focus mainly on positivity and encouragement until someone asks myself to dissect. No model is ever 100% finished. There is always more...much more to add especially if we’re being partial without realizing it .:-) so I like to say this is some of your best work to date. The Color and composition along with the technical savvy will probably be your highest scoring piece.

Thanks Bullfrog, and cheers once again BAM.

#never100% haha totally agree

As I'm currently prepping the Gitz I thought I'd make a fool of myself and post a picture of some squigs I did....a long time ago now. They were still a lot of fun then too