Sigmar3's WIP - Page 22
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Sigmar3's WIP

Man, my Harpy has the same exact issue where the hair meets the shoulder on her left. Those talons were hard to distinguish from the flashing, so I can see how a quick snip turns into an "oh sh*t" moment. Good luck on the paint. I'll be watching to get some ideas for mine (she and a couple others are sitting in the pile; bathed in primer, and waiting for a brush).

Keep it coming!

Dabeebs so true I didn't even know I'd done it until I stated looking at the rendors from the KS and thought "hang on....". I've actually managed to stick 2 new talons on that I cut from some weapons. The most fiddly, frustrating thing I've done uhh. Looks ok though. I'm not looking forward to trying to sort out the gap in the neck. Mainly because I'm an idiot and just wanted to paint!
    Last edited by Sigmar3; 04-09-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Definitely going to change some of the colours I've already done but progress

I really like the blue tone with the muted bronze/gold...makes it look like some of the art deco stuff from the 30's. I'm thinking I'm just going to slowly fill the gap on her shoulder with layers of glue and maybe bicarbonate, as it's way too small for me to tackle with any sort of putty. What did you end up using to fill the hole? Talons look good. I'm sure it was a PITA to fix such small bits on such a small model. The super thin wing connection to the rock base worries me; last go round with a thin single attachment point left me cropping my Grimhailer's arm about an 1/8th of an inch. Keep it coming! I need some inspiration. lol.

Yeah the talons were.....problematic. First I tried using milliput to try and sculpt a couple. Couldn't do it lol. Ended up luckily finding some halbards whose blades were almost perfect. Gluing them on was a bit of a headache but afterwards I was pretty pleased. I just used Vallejos liquid putty to fill the gap, not perfect but better than the hole before.

Great save on the talons.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBeebs View Post
    I really like the blue tone with the muted bronze/gold...makes it look like some of the art deco stuff from the 30's. I'm thinking I'm just going to slowly fill the gap on her shoulder with layers of glue and maybe bicarbonate, as it's way too small for me to tackle with any sort of putty. What did you end up using to fill the hole? Talons look good. I'm sure it was a PITA to fix such small bits on such a small model. The super thin wing connection to the rock base worries me; last go round with a thin single attachment point left me cropping my Grimhailer's arm about an 1/8th of an inch. Keep it coming! I need some inspiration. lol.
    I agree 100% with DaBeebs on the look of this color scheme. The art deco look seems appropriate for the Raging Heros world. Heck, I am just impressed you were able to assemble these finicky minis let alone paint them.

The details on her face are amazing. I hope you’re
    not thinking about redoing this.

If you blend in some brown effects obto the wings you
    coul just go ahead.

Krule I hear you, they are a pain to clean and assemble. I've learnt to accept it basically. They won't be perfect, which is weird because normally I hate stuff like that. Nevermind, bit more work done.

I have to echo the others, great choice of colors for the wings. I might even say paint her a little paler shade of purple or maybe a bright red so she really stands out from the wings

Right I've just about finished here, I'm ok with it. Actually turned out better than I thought, when I saw the clean up required. Another little Raging Heroes mini done, just some finishing touches to go

Really nice job on this one Sigmar. If I had one critique it is that the bottom of the wings and the rock seem to be pretty close in color so maybe lighten up the rock a little or fade the wing tips into another color

I particularly like the definition of light on her skin, great job

Thanks guys, Eki that's a good idea, I might follow that advice in the future. For now I'll call her done.

This RH Dark Elf looks great! I like the purplish skin tones and the wings look awesome as well.

I really like the color choice on this one. It looks really great!

Nice work all the way around and congrats on finishing another mini.

Nice work. At the end no recolouring was needed,
    even if you initially thought it is
    Looking forward to see your next project.

Well...what have you got cooking next? The harpy turned out really good, and I can't give you enough compliments on the color combination for the wings. What colors did you use; I think I'd like to put that recipe down somewhere for a clothing combination on a future project of mine?

Thanks for the kind words guys, thank you. Dabeebs the wings themselves were just Vallejo Dark Sea Blue, highlighted with some Vallejo Beige. Then give a GW Drakenhof Nightshade wash, maybe with a little Nuln Oil mixed in. The tips were (all Vallejo) Flat Earth, then Gold Brown, highlighted by mixing in Deck Tan.
    As for next i want to finish the KD silk assassin I started then probably move onto the Butcher

Stupendous!!!