Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Sigmar3's WIP

So this is the progress on one of the female survivirs . Quite happy with how it's gone so far. I did originally make the hair way to blonde so calmed that down a bit. And also I'm not that experienced with osl and my first attempt on the leg was a bit....strong....and received the comment "Why does she look like she hasn't drank enough water, and pissed down her leg? ". So I softened that a lot!

Last edited by Sigmar3; 12-03-2017 at 07:02 AM.

Looking really good so far !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar3 View Post
    And also I'm not that experienced with osl and my first attempt on the leg was a bit....strong....and received the comment "Why does she look like she hasn't drank enough water, and pissed down her leg? ". So I softened that a lot!
    ROFL

i think if you were to grayscale the pict, you would actually see the spot you want as your brightest area with the yellow on the knee is actually the darkest. You actually painted a beautiful skin tone, but as if she was under bright sunlight. Forthe OSL to work you need to go much darker on the skin tones away from the light of the lantern. Wher the lantern light hits would be about the color you currently have the skin (without the bright yellow). An example: her abs are in shadow like she is in zenithal lighting, but since the light is coming from the lantern, they should actually be much lighter.

Btw the osl on the cloth looks much better as the yellow looks lighter than the green.

Name:  IMG_1024.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  135.3 KB

Cheers Krulebear I understand what you mean. I knew before I did the lantern that I'd painted her exactly like any other model, ie like she's in daylight. I really struggle not to do that

shoes looking good so far, agree wiht KB on the OSL though.

I have moved on to another survivor! And am using the Vallejo flesh tone set I bought. After getting to grips with them I can say I like them a lot, they are a lot different to the GW ones. Anyway this is wip but quite far in lol. And yes, my osl still isn't great

That osl looks better just by being less intense.

nice one looks good, the OSL is looks good also. nicely done

Yeah, I prefer the more subtle effect on the second mini, looks more realistic. Well done

Cheers guys. I'm really impressed with the Vallejo flesh set. They dry with a nice matt finish and blend together really well

Full steam ahead on the survivors. My plan is apparently to paint them all to a certain extent then not show anymore pics haha. No I will post the finished articles soon.

Last survivor on the way. Didn't skin tone again, but too yellow maybe (or at least in this photo) so I may play around with it a bit.

Do NOT alter that color she’s perfect most of the time contrast can work on model to model for eg the survivor right above her has a darker tone her skin contrasts both of these models further. Aka I love it!!!!

Cheers BAM I wasn't sure on the skin colour but together with the others it's makes a nice change, thanks for commenting

Almost done with the survivors, last one to be finished and details on all a bit

Really nice clean job on these...the subtle OSL should look amazing on the game board.