Tim's WIP's - Page 41
Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim's WIP's

Wow thanks for the love guys!

Lee I now what you mean and I was worried about it being gimmicky as well. Having said that I kind of forgot I'd been using the paints to be honest. I really like how bright they are under normal light conditions, especially the red, orange and yellow (they are super saturated) It wasn't until recently that i realised that I'd painted most on my OSL with them. Yes it's intentional on the Shaggoth and the summoning circle but not on the others. I love painting light sources and it's always bothered me that i cant realistically depict the brightness of fire. With this I can get a step closer. I promise I wont over use it though

A little more done on the Paul Bonner dio last night. Trying to replicate his NMM technique C & C very welcome

Tim

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 316
Size:  111.8 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 315
Size:  97.4 KB

All I can say ps : wow!!!

Gino(2dope)

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmarsh View Post
    C & C very welcome
    Right, so I'm going to give it to you straight, no sugarcoating: keep doing what you're doing. It looks great.
    I would say you're a little brighter and a little more colorful than Bonner's metals in your source material, but I would not change anything. You've nailed the implausibly dramatic cracks/scoring.

Really fine art painting....your a master of the craft and that's the fact...I absolutely loooove your way of painting models..you have a gift that you can mimic and type of style (eg replicating the NMM axe) really talented dude my friend....I love you Timmy ,but I love your work much much more...please try not to be jealous ....its for the best...it's not you...its me ! Lololololol

Thanks Gino, Joce, John and Saint

@ Saint your not wrong dude, my version has more turquoise while Pauls is more purple/ grey. It has been bothering me but I don't want to ruin it!

@ John I feel both elated and spurned at the same time. I'm so confused!

So London is experiencing 20 minutes of summer so I managed to take a picture in actual natural sunlight! Still lots to do but I'm happy

Views: 277
Size:  213.4 KB

The axe head looks amazing mate, keep at it your almost there, and sorry in advance for the distraction I sent in the post !
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by wargamesculptor View Post
    The axe head looks amazing mate, keep at it your almost there, and sorry in advance for the distraction I sent in the post !
    nonsence, I'm looking forward to it

Are the orc spearheads meant to be stone? The painting is titled 'Warriors of Stone', which I take it is a reference to the level of technology they're bearing? I'm reading them as metal in your diorama.
    It's looking amazing! Though I want you to take your time on this masterpiece, I can't wait to see it all come together.

Go Tim go! I absolutely adore this project (which isn't fair because I love most of your pieces - you're making my affections spread too thin).
    Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. ~ Edgar Degas

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

Excellent metals mate, I still think you can push the contrast slightly. Obviously its now a time issue for you but a glaze of near black in he deepest shade. The axe doesn't quiet match the spear. Now if this is deliberate then no issue, it also may be the photo.
    A couple of things to think about but the questions I'm asking may already be answered.

As others have said, the axe is just "WOW". The variety of colors and depth of it are a true work of art.

Your interpretation of the painted source material is astounding DM...simply stunning and so rich in colour and texture.

Ive said it before about painters on her but there is SO much to be inspired by on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf the Grey View Post
    The axe doesn't quiet match the spear.
    I think because maybe the axe is meant to be metal and the spear made from stone. But as I am not the one painting I am just guessing ^^

I adore this work of yours! There is a huge lot to be learnt on my behalf... thank you for sharing.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

*(%&*%(&$ bro you rock! this is some nice display of great talents.

They are called "warriors of stone" because they sleep on rocks! "D
    Last edited by Teronus; 07-15-2016 at 09:59 PM.

Can you do my bases to please, freakin amazing.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

You guys honestly blow me away! Thank you all so much. Joce, Saint, Mally, Diggs, Maenus, Hairster, Arch, Kbear, Johnboy, Lee, Gino, Claire, Dave, Ben(s), Ole, Hywel, Skel, Andy, Sproket, Zab (sorry if I've missed anyone) everyone who has ever taken the time to critique and help me improve. I've always suffered from self doubt and I'm hugely critical of my own work but you guys have helped me push myself to places I'd never have gone without your support (Mally I'm looking at you)

Phew ok pulling myself together

so the axe from what I can gather from the art is meant to be metal but Paul paints his metals in a very different way, lots of greys, purples, blues and orangy browns, not shiny and never any blood. the Orc's spear in the art is very obviously stone but the mini's spear is sculpted more like flint and I've tried to paint it as such. The two different approaches in style do look a little confused and I'll probably have to address it some how (no ideas at the moment on how)

anyway im approaching the finish line for the competition and I'm pretty certain I'll finish the Ogre, Orc's and hawk. I may even start and finish another Orc just because it will look better.

Yesterday i I did some more on the Ogre. Arm, legs and pigs bums

as always C&C welcome x

Tim

Views: 164
Size:  93.1 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 164
Size:  93.2 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 165
Size:  84.3 KB

Looks awesome mate, like the additional colours in the skin adds real character
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

This is really like a Paul Bonner piece of art comming to life!!! If you ever consider selling this piece, please let me know as I would love to be able to admire it up close.
    Maybe PB uses those colours in his metals as a reflection of the surroundig? freaking awexome man.

Cheers,

Gino(2dope)

Thanks for the mention Tim, sometimes we all need a verbal kick up
    the arse.
    ogre is looking great, just keep doing what your doing. The beard is probably one of the best I've seen, so much life and movement in it.