Tim's WIP's - Page 19
Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim's WIP's

Cool, thanks for the link Ter I may pick one up, any favourites? What Mantic stuff have you got? If it's undeadies I'm good, I got a mix in my last order as I wanted to be able to use them for other dio's.

Cheers John and Gandalf. The base colour is African shadow from Scale 75 highlighted with Model Air fire red. Leviathan purple glazed into the deep recesses. I'll also glaze some green in there as well.

Been doing a little base work today. These guys are really nice to work with.

Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Darthmarsh; 07-18-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Fantastic ! That is going to be an incredible mini dio.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

That is genius start Darth, nah undead I keep I got abyssal dwarfs and twilight kin to get rid off.

F..king hell that is looking immense. Christ I love your ideas and execution Tim

Love the dynamisme and movement in the vignette. superb idea and layout!

Cheers,

Gino

Very atmospheric ! The one hanging from the top lip almost looks like his foot should be resting on the gravestone
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Wow, great composition. This is a very intriguing concept. It will be a wonderfully dark and spooky scene with a great fantasy atmosphere ... We are very excited about the next progress ...

Fantastic ! I love the zombie walking half way up with his hands out, its like his thinking 'Shit...... run away!!'
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Blimey thanks everyone! I gotta say putting this together so far has been an absolute blast.

Not much hobby time over the weekend but I did manage to get 2 undead put together and in place. I'm thinking of a zombie hand breaking through the floor by the fence.

Some bodies breaking out of the ground at the base would be cool. This is turning into an awesome diorama.

Wat about the zombie hand breaking through near the top and grabbing the horses leg ?

Wow! this is surely turning out great. where are these zombies from?

Cheers guys.

All of the undead are from Mantic miniatures. TON's of options and bits in the box.

I've gone for just the one hand coming coming from the ground rather than at the top at the mo (but that may change later) for A couple of reasons. The zombie climbing up the side will be reaching out for Ruin and there's already a lot going on and I don't want to make it too busy. Also and more importantly, I paint slooooooooowly. This is going to take me ages as it is!

Primed and and I like it

Now this is bad ass. Love the scene dude.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Woah! Fantastic base! I love it!
    (only tiny little thing I would change is the obelisc style tombstone in the center...it seems to be somewhat in the air!? Maybe getting it into a slight angle outward would be more dramatic?...imho..)
    ..but wooooah...this wil be epic!

P.S.: Don't know what you have in plan for painting, but maybe this tutorial could be help for mossy gravestones? http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.co.at/...eate-dosh.html
    Last edited by Jike Ichi; 07-20-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Looking sensational already, I bet you could get 8.9 in the gallery already.

Great work, Dartmash. We are looking forward to seeing in color.

Quote Originally Posted by Jike Ichi View Post
    (only tiny little thing I would change is the obelisc style tombstone in the center...it seems to be somewhat in the air!? Maybe getting it into a slight angle outward would be more dramatic?...imho..)
    My opinion is to leave the obelisk as is. I like the use of gravestones in different layers of the base. It adds more dramaticaly and atmosphericaly look (in my opinion).

Anyway, Dartmash, keep up the great work, you have our permission !!!

Hi folks.

After a month of holidays I'm back and painting again and it feels gooood!

thanks for the link Jike, I've not really worked out how I'm going to do War's base yet but I'll definitely have a look at MV for inspiration. As to the obelisk i think you're right it does look like its hovering and I'll build up the ground around it a little more, I'll probably keep the angle as is though.

Thanks Digg and Gandalf. I'm really looking forward to getting some paint on it (after I've finished modelling the undeadies that is)

thanks Arkhareon glad you like it

Ok it's taken forever but I think I'm done with Malacant and the wizard!!! I've taken a few snaps but I'm not certain my phone is picking up the detail very well and the diorama is too big for my light tent! Any ideas anyone? Are these good enough to submit?

Cheers

Tim

Love this piece has a great composition to it, and look forward to seeing what you do with the next one
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk