Tim's WIP's - Page 50
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Tim's WIP's

Considering this is rackham, pretty impressive. Love the colors too!

Quote Originally Posted by metalasmedium View Post
    Considering this is rackham, pretty impressive. Love the colors too!
    Cheers matey! You not a fan of Rackham then I take it

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    really like the colors you used for the skin on this one
    legend thanks man!

The Orc is all finished up and on P&P and in the Gallery for better pics

http://www.coolminiornot.com/455102

https://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/30335

Name:  EB693055-963F-44E8-8CDC-F249B54107F8.jpeg
Views: 67
Size:  1.27 MBName:  D32D473C-40D4-445D-B0B0-0B7ACED9F1D4.jpeg
Views: 66
Size:  1.26 MBName:  37B7AF7E-1306-4F5B-9646-29D5C2838CBB.jpeg
Views: 70
Size:  1.62 MBName:  85819BF1-859E-4041-BD47-B14C0D9F36BE.jpeg
Views: 64
Size:  1.79 MB

Tim i meant that Rackham is freaking small and looking at your work it is really impressive the details you put in such a small figure. I am a fan of Rackham!

Wow man, this is brilliant! I especially like the textures on the material of the coat and the little pouch/bag thing.. Great colour choice on the skin, it really sets the scene..

Quote Originally Posted by metalasmedium View Post
    Tim i meant that Rackham is freaking small and looking at your work it is really impressive the details you put in such a small figure. I am a fan of Rackham!
    Aaaaaah totally misunderstood that This guy is a little bigger than the standard Rackham minis, he’s about 54mm to the top of his wooden backpack. I think my eyes would combust if I tried to do that on a 28mm figure, I’ll leave that stuff to you

Quote Originally Posted by Milkflavour View Post
    Wow man, this is brilliant! I especially like the textures on the material of the coat and the little pouch/bag thing.. Great colour choice on the skin, it really sets the scene..
    Thanks man! The texture on the bag started as a bit of a happy accident. The paint dried in a couple of little lumps as the room I’m painting in is too hot! It was just lucky that they where in a line when they did, which gave me the idea of adding more to create the texture. I love it when stuff like that happens.
    Last edited by Darthmarsh; 02-23-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Really sweet work on the orc, I also think the colors for the skin look amazing!

This looks fantastic! I love the colors of the orc's face and all the metal bits too, but everything else looks just as good. The textures on the leathers, cloth and the wood are all super cool. Well done!

Cheers gents! I have to say I did really enjoy painting him even though I found him/ the process quite frustrating at times. I think I’m battling myself a little, my natural ‘style’ is pretty loose and illustrative but I have a constant nagging inside my head that everything should be tighter and smoother!? Not sure what I can do about that but I shall persevere.

Next up on the table this awesome Wolfen Prowler. Far smaller then I’ve been painting recently and after this first session I feel like my eyes are on fire!

Name:  16C042CC-D2E4-46CB-85CD-55C739509D15.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  1.31 MB

El gorgeouso -my foreign language is a bit off. But you get what I’m saying!!!

Awesome man.. really nice to see a good in-between shot.. interesting to see the green laid down in places, it really helped me notice the green that you've already incorporated into the shadows of the hood.. its really useful for an absolute beginner like me to see the process of a skilled painter and the colour choices and placement choices you're making...