Hey eBayers! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey eBayers!

Quote Originally Posted by Patient-Zero View Post
    The most reasonable promo price, if you can call it that, that I've seen on eBay was a $250 BIN that had all of the S1 promos minus Cholo, Dave and Nick. I saw it minutes after someone snapped it up. One of the disadvantages of us non-USA bidders are insane shipping prices and the dreaded Global Shipping Program (for US auctions that use it) which is an instant no-bid for me. Like I said earlier, I'm done waiting for a good auction for these promos - Mark, you can go first if one pops up

Hmm, I won a very similar sounding auction back in May. Couldn't believe my eyes when that set popped up at such a low price. The 4 individually boxed promos Eva/Ivy/Marvin/...the other one were selling for roughly the same price (about $60-70 each), it was like getting the multicharater 9 figure pack for free.

I finally broke down and won an auction for $336 that included the Abomination Pack and all extra Season 1 promos. I'll have to repeat myself for the Season 2 add-on promos (I pledged the Fugitive Level but because of low funds at the time, I just couldn't get all the add-on promos) - at least I'll have some of the exclusive figures. I just hope that, with all the many different figures being included with TCM and PO, there won't be such a high demand after the initial rush is over. Only time will tell I guess

I still haven't chased the promo figures. I am using other minis as stand-ins since the data on the cards is available. That being said, I suspect one day, way in the future, the prices will fall. It is always an issue of supply and demand, and someday the demand will diminish.

The prices have not fallen yet but it appears the sales have really slowed. Also, I think those who bought extra sets of Chapter 2 with the hope of a big score are likely to be disappointed.
    Sky

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    I don't see the problem. Everybody here presumably had the opportunity to back the Kickstarter and order the promos. If not, then the market price is what it is.
    Absolutely. Forget eBay, we should take this one step further. Stop being OCD and don't buy in to promos!

As someone who's started painting miniatures, one piece of unpainted plastic isn't looking better than another. They're all work to paint and it's *my* painting skills that's blinging the figures to life, not the sculpt. If I ever get around to the S1 promos, I can proxy or even convert another miniature figure.

So how much are the S2 promo's selling for?

What I would love to get is the equipment cards from Prison Outbreak. I haven't seen anyone selling them, but would jump at the chance (although I don't want to buy the entire game to get them). As for the promo/LE figures, I have said before (in this forum) that I am using proxies too, and just printing the cards on paper and using cheap lamination for durability...

@Vargz: Try contacting CMON - I understand that they will send Season 1 cards out to anyone that asks for them (for a price), and I dare say they will do the same with Season 2 and/or TCM as well.
    In memoriam - the Tearful 107, May 6th 2012

(banner by Joshua "Cornbread" Harris (AKA: Skittlebrau))

Scorpion0x17: Thank you for the information and advice. I hope your are correct that this will be possible!

If they were smart they'd just start making the promos again and charging $20 a pop. They'd sell a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by squipple View Post
    If they were smart they'd just start making the promos again and charging $20 a pop. They'd sell a ton.
    Can't, they broke all the molds.

Quote Originally Posted by bastimret View Post
    Can't, they broke all the molds.
    Well make new ones.

LOL bastimret I've been a bidder on your eBay auctions all week. Small world.

Well make new ones.

LOL bastimret I've been a bidder on your eBay auctions all week. Small world.
    Oh ya? Sweet! These are helping fund my upcoming vacation with my wife, so keep bidding!

Wanted to bring this back up because of the prices I've been seeing on eBay. If you do a search for zombicide, you can barely find any characters going for under $40 anymore, most of them in the $50++ range. Yet if you search for completed auctions, nothing is selling for the crazy prices people are setting. So why post an eBay auction at an insane price (one I saw was a season 2 character for $250!) if it's obviously not gonna sell?

You are right but you never know. Years ago I saw two guys get in a bidding war for a pewter 1/600 Monitor and Merrimack (aka Virginia) model set. The final bid was just over $100! Retail for the pair was less that $25!
    Sky

As one of the people who wasn't around for the first wave and a half of Zombicide, I am still catching up on some of the promos that are tough to get my hands on, and I have paid more than I'd like for quite a few of the minis. I am far from done, but I've finally come to terms with the idea of not having them all. I have more than 30 survivors as it is, so I have enough to provide quite a bit of variety.

That said, if I could buy the others without selling my house, I probably would

Wanted to bring this back up because of the prices I've been seeing on eBay. If you do a search for zombicide, you can barely find any characters going for under $40 anymore, most of them in the $50++ range. Yet if you search for completed auctions, nothing is selling for the crazy prices people are setting. So why post an eBay auction at an insane price (one I saw was a season 2 character for $250!) if it's obviously not gonna sell?
    It's probably people who bought with the intention of reselling, and who are now trying to turn a profit.
    In memoriam - the Tearful 107, May 6th 2012

(banner by Joshua "Cornbread" Harris (AKA: Skittlebrau))