Hey eBayers! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey eBayers!

I also forgot to mention. On Saturday when I was in line to get my KS copy of PO and TM, the guy in front of me had pledged for all 3 games. He said " I wonder if they will give me a season 1 exclusive since I backed for a box of season 1 and they are giving then to people who are buying it". So when he got to the front of the line I said "hey why don't you give him one of those LEs from season1" they just shrugged and said "sorry you only get them if you buy it today". So if he hasn't added it to his pledge and instead had bought it there he would have gotten an LE. So what's the difference? CMoN had already gotten his money... Does that seem right to you?

Well I can see where this thread is going to end up - let's bring it back around to where it started: eBay. At the moment I'm not working (my place of business went bankrupt) and I spend probably way too much time watching eBay in hopes of finding that one person who puts a fair Buy-It-Now price on the promos (which isn't going to likely happen) and I have to admire how much some folks can and will spend for these figures. But before this thread is locked because of all the negative promo talk (CMON doesn't appreciate it and obviously it's a sour topic for them and a percentage of their customers) I want to make one last comment on the feeding frenzy that has become Zombicide: CMON cannot control what Kickstarters do with the promos and games purchased through Kickstarter (nor would they want to, they've upheld their end by making a game we all love) - we can, however, by simply not pushing that Bid button.
    Last edited by markallanreynolds; 08-20-2013 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markallanreynolds View Post
    I spend probably way too much time watching eBay in hopes of finding that one person who puts a fair Buy-It-Now price on the promos (which isn't going to likely happen)
    The most reasonable promo price, if you can call it that, that I've seen on eBay was a $250 BIN that had all of the S1 promos minus Cholo, Dave and Nick. I saw it minutes after someone snapped it up. One of the disadvantages of us non-USA bidders are insane shipping prices and the dreaded Global Shipping Program (for US auctions that use it) which is an instant no-bid for me. Like I said earlier, I'm done waiting for a good auction for these promos - Mark, you can go first if one pops up

P-Zero
    Do what I did: Cherry pick one or two LEs at a time.
    Sky

If they are still producing them, then they aren't exclusive promos and the "limited" supply (driving up the prices) would be a fallacy. That would be a violation of the trust put in them by both backers and other customers (like myself). I certainly hope you are wrong about this...

Quote Originally Posted by vargz View Post
    If they are still producing them, then they aren't exclusive promos and the "limited" supply (driving up the prices) would be a fallacy. That would be a violation of the trust put in them by both backers and other customers (like myself). I certainly hope you are wrong about this...
    On day 3 (after they had already been giving them away for 2 days) I saw them opening cases. At a minimum 6 cases, stacked on top of eachother, maybe more behind those. Even if every backer got 2 of each LE, and they created an extra 5% that's only an extra 500 extras. I know they had more than that at GenCon, and this is after they gave them away at CMoN expo.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuar56 View Post
    On day 3 (after they had already been giving them away for 2 days) I saw them opening cases. At a minimum 6 cases, stacked on top of eachother, maybe more behind those. Even if every backer got 2 of each LE, and they created an extra 5% that's only an extra 500 extras. I know they had more than that at GenCon, and this is after they gave them away at CMoN expo.
    Firstly, there's a number of very big assumptions on your post:

1. That all the cases you saw contained the same thing.
    2. That any of the cases contained only that thing.
    3. That even if the above two assumptions are indeed correct, that that implies that they're still producing them.

Secondly, which promos were they?

We know that Dave, El Cholo, and Nick were promos for more than just the KS, so if it was any of them, then, yeah, there may well be more of those.

And, thirdly, what do you hope to achieve by this, exactly?
    In memoriam - the Tearful 107, May 6th 2012

(banner by Joshua "Cornbread" Harris (AKA: Skittlebrau))

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Firstly, there's a number of very big assumptions on your post:

1. That all the cases you saw contained the same thing.
    2. That any of the cases contained only that thing.
    3. That even if the above two assumptions are indeed correct, that that implies that they're still producing them.

Secondly, which promos were they?

We know that Dave, El Cholo, and Nick were promos for more than just the KS, so if it was any of them, then, yeah, there may well be more of those.

And, thirdly, what do you hope to achieve by this, exactly?
    It wasn't just Dave El Cholo and Nick, they also had the box set that contained Eagle, Cardboard Samuri and Troy, if you bought at least 3 boxes. And yes, all the cases contained LEs. I watched them blowing through them as they gave them away to people buying Prision Outbreak on Toxic Mall on Saturday while I waited in line to get my kickstarter stuff. They went through all 6 and when I came back to buy copies of Prision Outbreak and Toxic Mall so that I could get some they still had plenty. My wife stayed to watch while I ran my first copies from kickstarter to the car. You sound pretty angry about this, were you a season 1 backer/speculator and the idea that CMoN might be depreciating the value of your precious plastic men too horrible to believe?

It wasn't just Dave El Cholo and Nick, they also had the box set that contained Eagle, Cardboard Samuri and Troy, if you bought at least 3 boxes. And yes, all the cases contained LEs. I watched them blowing through them as they gave them away to people buying Prision Outbreak on Toxic Mall on Saturday while I waited in line to get my kickstarter stuff. They went through all 6 and when I came back to buy copies of Prision Outbreak and Toxic Mall so that I could get some they still had plenty. My wife stayed to watch while I ran my first copies from kickstarter to the car. You sound pretty angry about this, were you a season 1 backer/speculator and the idea that CMoN might be depreciating the value of your precious plastic men too horrible to believe?
    If they "went through all 6" there can't have been that many in each case.

And, no, not angry. You're the one that seems to be perturbed by this.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I do however wonder why it bothers you so much.

Incidentally, let's run some numbers on this:

5258 Season 1 KS backers.
    Conservative estimate 10% bought 1 extra set to sell.
    10 Season 1 Promos.

5258+10%*10=57838 promos for backers.

5% of 57838 = 2891.9 extra promos.

And that 10% is conservative, there could easily be 6000+ additional promos made.

Oh, and that's just for one version - if they were giving away just the Survivor versions, then we can double that figure.

And it ignores the extra Daves, El Cholos, and Nicks.

Take those two things into account, and we could be looking at close 15,000 figures.

Now does it still seem so surprising that they still have plenty to give away at conventions?

And remember, that 5% is not an official number - I think it came from CMON/GG, but I'm not sure - maybe they made 10% extra - if so we can double those figures again! Or maybe it was even 20%

Incidentally, let's run some numbers on this:

5258 Season 1 KS backers.
    Conservative estimate 10% bought 1 extra set to sell.
    10 Season 1 Promos.

5258+10%*10=57838 promos for backers.

5% of 57838 = 2891.9 extra promos.

And that 10% is conservative, there could easily be 6000+ additional promos made.

Oh, and that's just for one version - if they were giving away just the Survivor versions, then we can double that figure.

And it ignores the extra Daves, El Cholos, and Nicks.

Take those two things into account, and we could be looking at close 15,000 figures.

Now does it still seem so surprising that they still have plenty to give away at conventions?

And remember, that 5% is not an official number - I think it came from CMON/GG, but I'm not sure - maybe they made 10% extra - if so we can double those figures again! Or maybe it was even 20%
    Ummmm you might wanna recheck your numbers... you multiplied by 10 instead of 10% which is 0.10. Or are you lumping all survivors into one group? Cause they weren't giving away all the survivors, only 4 different groups. So your math either way is an exaggeration. Also turns out I was WAY wrong, there were WAY more cases of promos than I thought. Check out this picture, all of those boxes are the promo exclusives... If you look at the closest one you can read it on the box.
    Last edited by joshuar56; 08-21-2013 at 11:57 AM.

If they "went through all 6" there can't have been that many in each case.

And, no, not angry. You're the one that seems to be perturbed by this.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I do however wonder why it bothers you so much.
    I bought 6 boxes of Zombicide at GenCon, so I got all the promos, then I sold the unreleased boxes and made my money back, and in some cases a profit... so angry? Far from it...

Ummmm you might wanna recheck your numbers... you multiplied by 10 instead of 10% which is 0.10. Or are you lumping all survivors into one group?Cause they weren't giving away all the survivors, only 4 different groups. So your math either way is an exaggeration.
    5258 Backers.
    10% speculation.
    10 promos per Abomination pack (including optionals).

(5258+10%)*10 = 57838

Also turns out I was WAY wrong, there were WAY more cases of promos than I thought. Check out this picture, all of those boxes are the promo exclusives... If you look at the closest one you can read it on the box.
    No they're not. Only the ones behind the guy in the White polo shirt say "Description: Promo Box", the ones behind the person in the red Zombicide T-shirt, and the vast majority of them, all say "Description: Zombicide". There are also a few that say something else.

I bought 6 boxes of Zombicide at GenCon, so I got all the promos, then I sold the unreleased boxes and made my money back, and in some cases a profit... so angry? Far from it...
    So why do you appear to be so bothered about it all then?

5258 Backers.
    10% speculation.
    10 promos per Abomination pack (including optionals).

(5258+10%)*10 = 57838

No they're not. Only the ones behind the guy in the White polo shirt say "Description: Promo Box", the ones behind the person in the red Zombicide T-shirt, and the vast majority of them, all say "Description: Zombicide". There are also a few that say something else.
    That's another side of the box slick... Cause they are Zombicide promos... All of the Zombicide games were already unpacked in a giant wall... But by all mean's keep talking like you were there. Wait, were you there? And thank you for proving my point. So you agree that there should only be about 500ish of each individual LE right? Cause there were WAY more than that there.

That's another side of the box slick... Cause they are Zombicide promos... All of the Zombicide games were already unpacked in a giant wall... But by all mean's keep talking like you were there. Wait, were you there?
    It's clearly not "another side of the box", 'slick'.

Learn to read.

The printing follows the same pattern:

COOL MINI OR NOT
    CODE: XXXXXXX
    DESCRIPTION: YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    MADE IN CHINA
    C/No zz OF zzz

Both the CODE and the DESCRIPTION lines are clearly different.

They're cases containing two entirely different products.

But continue seeing what you want to see, rather than what the picture actually shows.

And thank you for proving my point. So you agree that there should only be about 500ish of each individual LE right? Cause there were WAY more than that there.
    No, the point of my ball park figures is that (a) we simply don't know how many were made in total, (b) nor how many extra were made, and (c) even with quite conservative estimates of those numbers, based on what we do know, we can easily get up into the 100s and 1000s of extras.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the number of extras made were in the order of 10% to 20% rather than the 5% that has been bandied about.

Also, even if there are still 10,000s of them still out there, that still doesn't mean they're still producing them.

They told us during the first Kickstarter that some will be available at Cons and shows, and I've seen no definite evidence of anything that goes against anything they've ever stated.

So, again, I ask you, what is it you're trying to achieve with this, and why do you seem so bothered about it?

Wow! This is getting intense, and I really don't know why I am sticking my nose in at this point. I hope that CMON is playing fair in regard to the information around this project. I am not bidding on any of the minis on eBay, nor was I in time for KS participation. The figures being bid up on eBay is an issue of supply and demand capitalism. That is that in my opinion. Am I bummed I can't get a hold of some of the LE Promo characters? Sure, but I'll live to game another day. Now, if there really is a secret excess production of LE Promo miniatures, that is bad business. Sure it sells games, but if it is true and comes to light, then the reputation of CMON, KS, and Guillotine Games could be hurt by this. As I said previously, I hope this isn't true. I can understand the point joshuar56 makes about feeling frustrated about not being able to exchange legal tender for the promos that are for sale just because he doesn't want to buy extra copies of the entire game. Wait...joshuar56 did buy extra copies of the game and marketed them to got his money back! Since the "profit" was the promos it sounds like it came out okay (other than the hassle). As long as there are cool limited games, and people have expendable income, these debates will rage on!

All I can add, is: let's hope there's still plenty available for next year's GenCon because it looks like that's the only way I'll ever be able to pick any up!!! Unless, of course, people start lowering their eBay prices *hint* *hint*

Quote Originally Posted by vargz View Post
    Wow! This is getting intense, and I really don't know why I am sticking my nose in at this point. I hope that CMON is playing fair in regard to the information around this project. I am not bidding on any of the minis on eBay, nor was I in time for KS participation. The figures being bid up on eBay is an issue of supply and demand capitalism. That is that in my opinion. Am I bummed I can't get a hold of some of the LE Promo characters? Sure, but I'll live to game another day. Now, if there really is a secret excess production of LE Promo miniatures, that is bad business. Sure it sells games, but if it is true and comes to light, then the reputation of CMON, KS, and Guillotine Games could be hurt by this. As I said previously, I hope this isn't true. I can understand the point joshuar56 makes about feeling frustrated about not being able to exchange legal tender for the promos that are for sale just because he doesn't want to buy extra copies of the entire game. Wait...joshuar56 did buy extra copies of the game and marketed them to got his money back! Since the "profit" was the promos it sounds like it came out okay (other than the hassle). As long as there are cool limited games, and people have expendable income, these debates will rage on!
    I was lucky though. I was able to buy Prison Outbreak and Toxic Mall before they were released. That's the only reason I was able to get my money back. Once they hit regular release you're bound to lose money on each box set purchased.

I don't see the problem. Everybody here presumably had the opportunity to back the Kickstarter and order the promos. If not, then the market price is what it is.