How many paints do you own? - Page 3

View Poll Results: How many paints do you own?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-50

12 11.21%
  • 51-100

26 24.30%
  • 101-200

35 32.71%
  • 201-300

18 16.82%
  • 301-500

8 7.48%
  • 500+

3 2.80%
  • Too many to count!

5 4.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many paints do you own?

Yeah when my wife figures it out I may be dead.

I still have boxes of un-opened GW paints from about 1988...used lots and bought more and then went on hiatus for 15 years or so!

Still trying to count them...

Citadels complete line of paints from 1988. this includes the limited expansion box of metallic colors.
    Citadels complete line from 1993 was it?
    Vallejo model color nearly complete set
    Vallejo game color complete set.
    Reaper pro paints set
    Reaper master series complete set.
    about 100 of various ralpartha and other miscellaneous paints.
    Ah the 1999ish citadel paint line almost complete and half of the latest Citadel paint line.
    my ink rack has another 50ish bottles and my washes, mediums, slow drys, crackles, transparent paints, and so on
    My head hurts.. Guess I should have checked too many to count, instead of 500+.
    Testors.... Tamiya... oh sheez and... Oh, here is my box of apple barrel paints I use for dry brushing scenery....
    Hmm and a bottle of some wierd substance you add to your other paints to make them glow in the dark.... used to know who made it but the label came off back in the 90s.

I use some of everything when painting.. I love the old citadel paints, Vallejo, and master series paints best though. Still learning the new citadel line, so I cannot really say how good it is yet. So far so good.

Ah well .. enough from me.

Strangely enough my Wife actually thinks that this hobby is much cheaper and safer alternative to my going out drinking with the boys to all hours and getting in all sorts of mischief. Of course, she also thinks we spend a week at Adepticon playing toy soldiers all day and night every year.

Ronin
    Last edited by Ronin; 09-19-2013 at 05:50 PM.

201 to 300, now, if I could only use them!!!

Right now??? or over the whole course of my life??
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

I picked up a job lot of Reaper and Vallejo dirt cheap when someone was clearing out their collection which boosted me into the 500+ range. I kinda regret it. There's too many choices and I can never find what I'm looking for lol...

Wow....Until I red this threads posts, I thought I have a lot of Colors with around 80. But some people are really enthusiastic about paints!^^...There are some colors in my collection that I never use 'cuz I like to mix my own colors up so I'm good with my ~80.

Newbie, please be gentle geaugan's Avatar

Ever notice that no matter how much paint you own, that when you read a tutorial or see an SBS , they use five colors you don't own?
    Are we having fun yet?

Quote Originally Posted by geaugan View Post
    Ever notice that no matter how much paint you own, that when you read a tutorial or see an SBS , they use five colors you don't own?
    Haha, yes!!!

Ha Ha, 100% agree!

Quoted For Truth
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I'm trying to mix as much as possible, got around 50 colors and that's all i need

Quote Originally Posted by Oh_La_La View Post
    I'm trying to mix as much as possible, got around 50 colors and that's all i need
    the question isn't how much you need, but how much you own.

Based on what I use normally/ need, 50 is more than enough.
    But I still have 200+ now, no idea why.
    Well partly I know, even this weekend I went to the city, planning to get only 2-3 colors that got my attention (could be mixed from the others, so there was no real need for these either), at the end I bought 5. And not even those that I've planned.
    Looks like I'm more of a collector than a painter, as I 'collect' paint, tutorial DVD-s, sometimes even minis. My minis are also collectors... collectors of dust.

Hi,

Long time no post for me. Paints. I have $2-$3K worth of GW, Vallejo (GC, MC and MA) and P3 between 200 and 300 pots. I'm over my addiction however. I've started buying Golden paints in large tubes slowly collecting some basic colours that I can mix as I run out of the hobby paints I most use. Much better value and just as good to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by ozymandias View Post
    I suspect that the key question is not how many paints do people own, but more how many do they regularly use. I'm pretty certain I still have the old citadel tentacle pink that is untouched.
    I actually just dug one up that, until two days ago, was previously unopened... AND IT'S STILL GOOD!

I have actually used all the colors in the new citadel range this year. I decided to move out of 40k and expand my horizons and just realized I have opened and used every paint in that range in my exploratory painting this year. I'm a little weirded out, as I don't consciously remember using some of them, but they have been clearly opened and used I must have been in some kind of trance just grabbing paints and mixing...creepy.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo