Sproket's WIP - Page 31
Page 31 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Sproket's WIP

I see.

*clasps hands in front of face, drumming fingers rhythmically together while pondering the purchase of a reduced price Gutrot from his friend Sproket.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Well I'm still full of cold germs & self pity but I've kept on tinkering with the base for Gutrot and the construction is almost all done. There are just a few barnacles (probably loads actually) to add and then it will be ready for painting once Gutrot is finished.

I'm rapidly coming to the realisation that there is almost certainly no way I'll get a Blight Kings unit painted in time for GD this year. I need to rethink my painting shedule as I still want to do the unit but it will have to be a long term project. It's the Dark Eldar diorama all over again!
    Gut rot is way off being finished but it feels like the time spent on him is paying off so I'm happy for him to be my main project for the year. I also have a (hopefully) smaller project in mind for Salute and once Gutrot is done I might see about doing something else for GD but I'll see how it all goes.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Very nice Sprocket, the detailing on the base adds to the model rather than distracting from it. Will you be doing the base tentacles in a more subdued colour scheme so the focus remains on Gutrot ?
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

That looks amazing, man. Will you be entering this one in wfb in GD2015?

Dave i'm shaking your hand mate.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Fantastic, I lack words.

Stole some of your slime tricks for my Morgaur, I saved the more complex recipe for later though.

Amazing work, cant say much else as I stair.

Winner winner chicken dinner. I think this one is special. Very special. Plus, it's a new model that GW wants to sell, so I see you doing VERY well this year.

Cant wait to see what you have in mind for Salute.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

I love the way you paint...

One question, where the tentacles came from?

Many thanks,
    Mariano.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm really enjoying this project and I've a good feeling about how it's progressing. It isn't very often that something turns out exactly how you wanted it to but so far so good. There is still a fair old bit of painting to do on Gutrot and the base will need all due care, time and attention to pull off the look I want. But by making this my big project for the year I should be able to do the job properly.

Quote Originally Posted by wargamesculptor View Post
    Very nice Sprocket, the detailing on the base adds to the model rather than distracting from it. Will you be doing the base tentacles in a more subdued colour scheme so the focus remains on Gutrot ?
    That's the intention. I'll probably make them predominantly green (not too bright) with a bit of a stippled texture. Something like I did on the Hydra's head for my Jason piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    That looks amazing, man. Will you be entering this one in wfb in GD2015?
    I guess the best category will be Warhammer Fantasy Single Miniature now the unit won't be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Dave i'm shaking your hand mate.
    Careful - you might catch my cold!

Quote Originally Posted by aniku View Post
    I love the way you paint...

One question, where the tentacles came from?

Many thanks,
    Mariano.
    Thanks Mariano, the tentacles come from the Mutalith Vortex Beast.

Everything about that base is amazing. I particularly love how you've already Nurglefied the anchor and it's not even painted yet.

Excellent work!

Thanks for the slime tutorial. I have bought all of the necessary gear and look forward to having a go very soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

The construction work on the base is all done and I've primed (yes PRIMED!) it ready for painting. I'm very pleased with how the wood grain texture on the balsa wood is improved by going at it with a wire brush! There are a few more bits & bobs to go onto the base but they will be incorporated during & after the painting.

Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by moonmin82 View Post
    Excellent work!

Thanks for the slime tutorial. I have bought all of the necessary gear and look forward to having a go very soon!
    Good luck! The important thing is not to add too much water effects in one go and to let it thoroughly dry between applications. It's a bit slow & frustrating but the result is better and more controllable.

Base is looking great, did you prime because of the porous nature of the materials used ?
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by wargamesculptor View Post
    Base is looking great, did you prime because of the porous nature of the materials used ?
    That is one reason although I sealed the balsa with a light coat of dilute PVA wood glue. The base is a mix of very different materials that would not all take paint equally well so I though a proper primer would be a good idea. Another reason was that I wanted to do a little extra sanding once the primer showed up where it was needed.

Priming in a Prime-free Zone...tsk tsk tsk....you should be ashamed! After I have defended your ways to so many who just wouldn't understand! After staying in the primer closet for years, and finally bursting out only to share my ways with the world, I find out that you are "using." Shame on you....shame....

Well sproket. I think I am going to have to limit my self to viewing your work once a month. Every time I come here my jaw hits the floor and its becoming to much....lol
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Priming in a Prime-free Zone...tsk tsk tsk....you should be ashamed! After I have defended your ways to so many who just wouldn't understand! After staying in the primer closet for years, and finally bursting out only to share my ways with the world, I find out that you are "using." Shame on you....shame....
    The primer is a tool, to make good use of the primer, you have to understand the primer.
    CMON painter born and raised, soft seven and proud
    Gblaw studio online
    My latest, thanks for watching

Not priming balsa wood... Well, would require some patience, at least.