Sproket's WIP - Page 66
Page 66 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1601

Thread: Sproket's WIP

I'll be eagerly awaiting mid August or whenever it is that you'll start working on this one! Excited to see her get the Sproket treatment!

My God Dave it will take you years to paint that mini !!!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Retirement? Seriously what?!? Either you bathe in Olay every day or have monkey glands injected regularly or something.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Love the ice blue you put into your metals.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    My God Dave it will take you years to paint that mini !!!
    That thought has occurred to me! Alarielle is going to be a substantial project but I thought it would be good to have something of a challenge to kick off my 'retirement' with.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Retirement? Seriously what?!? Either you bathe in Olay every day or have monkey glands injected regularly or something.
    Yes retirement, or more accurately early retirement! I've just turned 50.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Love the ice blue you put into your metals.
    Thanks! I'ts a key colour for my metals. If I don't include it they look flat & grey but it only needs the most subtle glaze as too much and it looks over bright & cartoony.

just thinking of cleaning that model is enough to give me the shivers. but yeah, congrats again on the early retirement, not you surly have time to produce minis and take all the swords in the world- but im not bitter at all lol

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    just thinking of cleaning that model is enough to give me the shivers. but yeah, congrats again on the early retirement, not you surly have time to produce minis and take all the swords in the world- but im not bitter at all lol
    The cleaning & prep on this mini is daunting! There are a lot of parts and many of them are very delicate. I'm going to take my time with it and get that part of the job started while I'm painting the megaboss.

have fun with the Alarielle model.

prep is a hassle, but not as bad as you might think. Almost all the gates are on parts that are hidden, same for a lot of the mould lines. where it's not hidden it's either pretty small (new tool --> little errors) or on edges, that make it almost like a part of the model (so even if missed during prep work it's hard to find).

One fair warning the female on the beetle is very delicate, I needed putty at the joints to make them stronger.

The only real problem were some gaps on the shoulders of A. and on the trees on the beetle. Rest assemble pretty nice.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sproket View Post
    I'm not getting much time to paint at the moment as I've at lot (all good) on my plate with my forthcomming holidays, workshops and retirement. So I probably won't get back to a regular painting schedule untill mid August! However this is not a hobby where being too busy stop you buying even more stuff to fill up your time. I just couldn't resist her!

Attachment 50536
    Despite my "unhappiness" with GW building huge impractical kits this one really makes me twitch, BUT I'm only interested in the Everqueen, not the Beetle.
    So that means over 50% of an £80 kit never getting touched, yeah Fran'd rearrange some vital pieces of my anatomy.
    Still what you'll do to this, I'm really eager to see.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Can't wait to see what you do with this one.

I'm back - it's been a while!
    I'll post an update on the Megaboss tomorow after I take some pics tonight but in the meantime...

Gutrot Spume and his pals are packed and ready for a little holiday in Nottingham! I couldn’t make it to the Golden Demon winner’s day this year and so once again missed the opportunity to have my demon winning minis displayed at Warhammer World.

Well better late than never, this Saturday it’s finally going to happen! I’ve a few years worth of winners to catch up with (yes that is the 1990 Predator at the back) and it’s great to think that my work will be displayed alongside so many awesome minis!

Name:  minis.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  554.6 KB

Welcome back Dave. A fantastic array of excellence on show there.

To bad I can't see these in person.... but then again... if I did, my brain would probably explode from sheer awe lol!!
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

Yeha i would love to see your stuff in the reals world.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Ive seen them very close up ........ gaming standard

:0
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Sprocket (David), you are truly a master of saturation.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

So far the Megaboss has been a joy to work on and that’s helped me get back into the swing of a regular painting schedule.
    I’m going to be painting the armour for a while, but it’s not proving to be too great a chore. For the areas of bare metal, I’m using a similar scheme to the one I used on my Scourges. The blue/grey creates a nice contrast to the areas of red painted armour while the brown tones, in the shadows, tie it all together.

Name:  Megaboss4a.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  249.4 KBName:  Megaboss4b.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  194.4 KBName:  Megaboss4c.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  250.2 KB

*cough*cough*cough*cough*cough*cough*slayer sword again**cough*cough*cough*cough*cough*cough

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    *cough*cough*cough*cough*cough*cough*slayer sword again**cough*cough*cough*cough*cough*cough
    You should take something for that nasty cough mate!
    Name:  10028425.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  48.6 KB

You can basically see the standards of the hobby changing by sweeping your eyes across that layout! Love that old-school nurgle tank.