Sproket's WIP - Page 21
Page 21 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Sproket's WIP

ah, he'll make it, 100%. pretty sure he has determination enough to even cut sleep to get this finished

Two days left! Sleep when you're dead soldiah!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Go Dave, Go!

Name:  450full.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  89.7 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Yeah! No slacking, or we'll come and sort you out!

Last edited by Meph; 10-08-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

^^^Wth is happening here?
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

It reminds me of a joke. 3 ostrich's and an American wrestler go to a bar...........

Sprock, silly me I have another question for you. Please feel free to answer AFTER basking in your victories at GD. Don't want to take up your time with my annoying questions when it's so close to G Day.

My my question is a general one concerning your process. I see that on your blog you always mention a basecoat, a shade, a midtone, and a highlight. I am assuming you paint in this order for most projects. I am also deducing that your basecoat is normally between your midtone and your shade. But why is that? Why would it be this way and not just basecoat with your midtone? Because of lighting, for instance, if an object were to receive mostly midtone and highlights with a small shaded area, would you then basecoat with a lighter color? Thanks, just exploring your way if doing things. When I painted my first display mini, now that I think of it, I always base coated with a darker than midtone color. Thanks brother for your help and break a mini's leg.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    HOPEFULLY he's so busy that he hasn't the time to share his results so far with us.
    Yes this!

Thanks for the moral support Guys. I am indeed VERY busy but I'm keeping on schedule and hope to finish some time Friday. The experience of painting a mini in two week is proving to be a bit intence but I'll be fine once the cramps in my painting have gone (I kid you not).

Here is a work in progress pic from last week. This is the mini as it was at the end of day three. Next time you see it it'll be done & I'll be done in!

Name:  IMG_9661.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  311.2 KB

I'm flabberghasted that you even prime progressively. I'd be too frickin' scared of messing those wonderfully finished parts with even the slightest of of slips...
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Looking very good.
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Blog Entries

GOGOGOGOGO! The Gene Vat Biomorphs are depending on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    I'm flabberghasted that you even prime progressively. I'd be too frickin' scared of messing those wonderfully finished parts with even the slightest of of slips...
    Perhaps he doesn't prime? Many artists prefer not to and are able to get perfectly good blends.

Sproket doesn't prime. Of course, then he has nothing to blame his mistakes on like me... :P I am shocked you could get that far in a few days. I still want to see a race between you, 10 and andyg just for fun - 1 figure, simple gaming base, 1 week and everyone stop at the end of 7 days and see where each is.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Sprocket is like the chuck Norris of painting. If he wants to paint a mini, the mini primes itself for him. Or it gets round house kicked back to GW.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    If he wants to paint a mini, the mini primes itself for him
    for some reason i kind of believe spoket doesnt agree on that statement

Good luck at GD Sproket. I hope you got it done (I'm sure you did).

Quote Originally Posted by skelettets View Post
    for some reason i kind of believe spoket doesnt agree on that statement
    ftfy:
    Name:  Prime.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  22.9 KB
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

So a painted mini in two weeks .... done!

I'm very pleased with what I've been able to achieve. There are lots of things I would have done diferently, and I hope better, if I had taken more time. But my goal was to paint a mini in two weeks that I wouldn't be ashamed to bring to Golden Demon, and I've pulled that off.

I wouldn't do this again in a rush as the pressure was a bit much at times. But as a one off challenge to myself it was an 'interesting' experience; and it's good to push yourself sometime to see just what you can acheive.

(The pics aren't great, but I'm a bit frazzled so they are the best I can manage at the moment)

Name:  haemonculus1.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  280.6 KBName:  haemonculus2.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  429.6 KBName:  haemonculus3.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  258.5 KB

Two weeks !!! I think I could do two years and still come nowhere close.