Sproket's WIP - Page 79
Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1601

Thread: Sproket's WIP

I absolutely love the guard with the dark elder dio colors. Real starpowered work.and the bust is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Always keeps my mojo going with these updates.
    Now update again, now please.
    Sir, yes sir!

Name:  Death Guard 3a.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  169.1 KBName:  Death Guard 3b.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  166.7 KBName:  Death Guard 3c.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  177.1 KBName:  Death Guard 3d.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  164.2 KBName:  Death Guard 3e.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  173.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    I absolutely love the guard with the dark elder dio colors. Real starpowered work.and the bust is amazing.
    It's actually much closer to my Tomb King in terms of colour but, like the Dark Eldar dio, it's one of my more desaturated palettes. I felt I'd done a lot of highly saturated colours for Nurgle and wanted to go the other way.

Looks as good as a 10,000 year old disgraced superhuman killing machine should.

Quick question on the stippling on the armour: do you get a smooth gradient in the armour through glazes and then go back to create texture with stippling, or is the gradient entirely from the stippling effect? Trying to get my head round the technique so I can apply it in some small way

damn you, you ruined doing detah guard for me.
    joking aside this is as always amazing stuff....

Blog Entries

Damn awesome stuff! Standards have certainly improved since I last saw your work and even that was most impressive...Think that was the swooping hawk or Dark Eldar dio... Yeah that long ago
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    Looks as good as a 10,000 year old disgraced superhuman killing machine should.

Quick question on the stippling on the armour: do you get a smooth gradient in the armour through glazes and then go back to create texture with stippling, or is the gradient entirely from the stippling effect? Trying to get my head round the technique so I can apply it in some small way
    In the case of the Death guard it's all stippling. I will sometimes glaze on top of stippling to enhance the graduation. Stippling is a highly variable technique and you can play with dot size, colour, transparency/dilution, and glazing to vary the effect.

Incredible say I to the pointillist master.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sproket View Post
    In the case of the Death guard it's all stippling. I will sometimes glaze on top of stippling to enhance the graduation. Stippling is a highly variable technique and you can play with dot size, colour, transparency/dilution, and glazing to vary the effect.
    Have to say I did notice this. It's a very varied degree but also quiiiite ingenious using complimentary glazes. An unexact exact science to be sure. Ties in with my thoughts recently oddly with Bams colour theory take on his work. Every day is a school day!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Still not sure how painting like this is even possible...
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

sproket, proud painter and owner of the cleanest painted unclean ones on the forum.
    think i prefer BAMs tho, this style reminds me of those flying eldar bat things you did...same paint etc, cracking job SKILZ.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

I love this Death Guard gent, perfect work!

I’d love to see you do a black power armored mini, Death Company would be awesome! Anyway, incredible work, Sproket, thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLost View Post
    Still not sure how painting like this is even possible...
    Dark Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyChad View Post
    I love this Death Guard gent, perfect work!

I’d love to see you do a black power armored mini, Death Company would be awesome! Anyway, incredible work, Sproket, thanks for posting.
    It would be an interesting project for sure, although I've done quite a lot of black recently with my Farseer, Megaboss and now Akito so im a bit off black at the moment.

Time for another update. Progress is slowly being made although I've had to work extra hard on this one. Nothing has come together easily but at least it is coming together, eventually. Using blue for my verdigris may only be a small change from my usual turquoise but it totally changed the overall dynamic of the colour palette. I think there are some real posibilities in the colours I'm using here and I will be exploring them in more depth.

Name:  Death Guard 4a.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  235.4 KBName:  Death Guard 4b.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  223.1 KBName:  Death Guard 4c.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  203.2 KBName:  Death Guard 4d.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  216.4 KBName:  Death Guard 4e.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  219.3 KB

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

I believe that I forgot how much black was on the Warboss, sorry. This plague ridden chap is looking great!

after spinning my colour wheel around. I used your above pics for some learning. from my eye you have a very balanced mini and no one colour dominates. The blue really pops. my ability to decifer colours instantly in my head is still progressing. I see neutral armour with shades of the red/Orange as the main feature with the green and blue as the split complementary. I would love learn a little about your thought process. looking awesome!

Very nice, love how you have created such a clean, controlled paint but still a very plague feel.

Your a legend mr David!!! You should be walkin on air and never ever forget how much you give to this hobby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Your a legend mr David!!! You should be walkin on air and never ever forget how much you give to this hobby!!!
    I get far more from this hobby than I ever give! I consider myself blessed to have a hobby in which I can use my talents to achieve such success and I get to do so in the great company of my fellow hobbyist. Enough sentiment ... it's time for painted minis.

GW posted some great pics of the finished Marine yesterday on the official GD site but I've yet to 'reveal' the finishd mini online myself yet so here are my own, somewhat late, pics.

Name:  Blight Walker finished 1.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  367.1 KBName:  Blight Walker finished 2.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  351.3 KBName:  Blight Walker finished 3.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  368.0 KBName:  Blight Walker finished 4.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  374.1 KB

Yesterday was a great day and It was good to get to share it with my painting buddies!
    Name:  IMG_1235.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  369.6 KB
    I guess these two were OK company too
    Last edited by Sproket; 11-27-2017 at 11:12 AM.

that last pic, one of them is very similar looking to the swedish chef from muppet show? (or atleast that is what it was called in swedish)

The figure looks great also and congratulations.

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.