Sproket's WIP - Page 74
Page 74 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1601

Thread: Sproket's WIP

splendid dave!
    the two skulls on the base are a saying "slayer...sword..slayer. ..sword ....

question: the extreme edge highlights on the red - colour?
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Looking incredible. My only thing and I wonder if this is a photo / screen issue. The rope/binding that ties the skull onto the armour looks very much the same colour as the skull. However perhaps the skull and what holds it on would be the same colour due to gathering dirt in that area ?

All those little edge highlights bring out the shapes on the armour so well. I hope the person who sculpted this mini sees this paint job as I think you've more than done their sculpting justice.
    In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Been keeping an eye on this is my absence from the forums....really special and i'm positively clammy with excitement to see this complete.

Absolutely love the tonal range on that skull...it reminds me of either some game artwork or an illustration I cant quite put my finger on.

Completely mind-blowing!

One again thanks for all your comments guys - they are much apreceated!

Quote Originally Posted by Maenas View Post
    Wish you to get 100% healthy soon! This miniature is pure inspiration!
    Any reason behind you priming the base?
    Also, is the inside of the armour "collar" grey? will you paint if it is not or it's not worth it?
    It's almost impossible to see the inside of the armour "collar", however, that is of course no reason not to paint it. It's painted with a dark brown to grey stippled gradient so it's been treated the same as the other areas of 'unpainted' armour just very much in shadow.

I wanted to experiment with zenithal priming for a future project and the base was an ideal candidate. The 'zenithal aspect dosn't show up all that well in the photo but it worked very well and provides a guide for the light & shade so the base will match the megaboss with regards to lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    splendid dave!
    the two skulls on the base are a saying "slayer...sword..slayer. ..sword ....

question: the extreme edge highlights on the red - colour?
    Most of the extreme edge highlights are a pastel peach/orange colour. The absolute extreme highlights on the red are pure white.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeayen View Post
    Looking incredible. My only thing and I wonder if this is a photo / screen issue. The rope/binding that ties the skull onto the armour looks very much the same colour as the skull. However perhaps the skull and what holds it on would be the same colour due to gathering dirt in that area ?

All those little edge highlights bring out the shapes on the armour so well. I hope the person who sculpted this mini sees this paint job as I think you've more than done their sculpting justice.
    I chose to use a very similar colour for the rope and the skull because I didnt want the rope details to pop out too much. The idea is that it's a lighter coloured rope that has gotten a bit grimy along with the skull. The texture of the rope is what diferentiates it from the skull more than the colour.

This is a (sort of) current project.
    I'm currently doing the FaceBook 7 Day Art Challenge and as a part of that I've just repaired and restored a formerly lost project from the early 1990s. I posted pics of Ariel long ago but she was always missing something (apart from being the ugliest Elf Queen ever I mean. She looks more like Oberon in drag)

The piece used to have two wardancers attached but they got smashed off in an accident years ago. The ankles on both minis were roughly snapped off and there was a lot of distortion to all the parts. Yesterday I took a deep breath and did what I could to restore the piece. The ankles are a little wonky but I'm quite pleased with the overall result and it's great to finally be able to share the 'finished' Ariel and Wardancers piece!

Name:  Ariel.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  905.2 KBName:  wardancers1.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  486.3 KBName:  wardancers2.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  393.0 KB

That makes sense about the fixing of the skull and using the texture.

I remember when you bought this piece into GW Southampton, it was stunning then and still is now. So bright too.

Excellent article in the January edition of White Dwarf all about you too. Very inspiring to read.
    In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Classic sproket painting!
    I remember mike mvvey converting one of those elves to ride a giant eagle in a white dwafe article
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Such
    lovely perfect work..each and every post is beyond viewing satisfaction . This is what made me love mini painting and things like this are what miniature painting is all about...fantasy pieces based on fantasy art....as guess that makes your work FANtastik!!!

the drag queen and her body guard look amazing. A riot of colors that all work together and tie into the base. Wonderful piece.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Thank you for the answers David ^^ and I completely agree on the miniature of Ariel.... it's Oberon in butterfly dress... hahaha
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Dude!
    Massive congrats on your 5 (!!!) pages in the latest WD!

Amazing to see all the vibrancy is still there. Classic work.

Nice article in WD, it's kinda strange to read you here and there ahahah

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Classic sproket painting!
    I remember mike mvvey converting one of those elves to ride a giant eagle in a white dwafe article
    I remember that conversion! Mike painted his wood elves with a Native American inspired theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Iateyourbananas View Post
    Dude!
    Massive congrats on your 5 (!!!) pages in the latest WD!
    Thanks! But it's 6 pages ... just saying
    I met up with Dan Harding last Summer and talked (at him) for an hour and a half in Bugmans Bar. What's in the Mag is an almost exact transcript of our conversation. I couldn't remember much detail of what I said so I've been awaiting it eagerly!

Quote Originally Posted by Kumaccio View Post
    Nice article in WD, it's kinda strange to read you here and there ahahah
    I'm all over the place - like a nasty rash!

Dont know about a you being nasty rash, but perhaps a bit annoying with all the attention

On a serious note fun that you get all the attention well deserved I would say Havent read the WD since I dont play any of those games and currently almost never paint there figure range.

Keep up the good work.

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

I spy something beginning with 'D'?

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  705.0 KB

I REM THIS WELL. The article I read I mean. Wasnt there. Got me into wanting to one day be in white dwarf. Congrats.it was very scary and the pinnacle of nurgle machina!!!

That page is slightly older than I am. Scary

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    That page is slightly older than I am. Scary
    ....and that in itself is scary.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.