Sproket's WIP - Page 38
Page 38 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Sproket's WIP

I am totally jealous! That's just f*cking awesome mate! I agree with Lee the orange is spot on no problems with it at all. I've have been staring at it for the last ten minutes .....,beautiful ....gross but beautiful!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Looks good so far, the orange goes well with the blue as it is but it depends how it looks when it's finished as has already been said. Another incredibly piece in the making though !

I like the Orange too. If you are worried about it being too much, I find that dark flesh (dark red-brown) looks good with rust colors. Perhaps you could glaze this into the shadows. But more importantly, have you tried Ryza Rust, the technical paint from Citadel? It's a good way to maintain that orange color but add texture to it. My standard rust recipe uses this dry brushed over top Dark Flesh.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

fantastic mate!

so good it might even get a commended at euromilitaire! wohoo

ooooo skel that just bad
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Simply incredible. I cannot believe the level of detail you can achieve on something so small!

Amazing job with all the blends. This is going to be 10.

Wonderful man, I love the color scheme and all those little details.

I don't know what to say... Too busy drooling on my keyboard.

My drool does not look near as nice as the slime on those tentacles. And the colors, it's like a Frazetta come to life

Blog Entries

I like the orange too. Like everyone is saying this is turning into a gorgeous project. I just spent 10 minutes staring at it. I think the orange fits right in with the other oranges and yellows you have on his armor and belly. Each link of the chain mail is picked out very nicely I think you could have some darker colors in there or maybe lighter highlights and give it that wet shiny look like you have on the tentacles. Are the tentacles done? Some have shiny patches and some don't. I can't tell if it just the angle of the picture or if you are going for different levels of slime on the tentacles.

What a great looking mini! The tentacles are superb!

Thanks for all the comments guys!
    The rust was a lot brighter when I first painted it but in the pics above it has been glazed to tone it down. Now I've lived with it for a while I'm comfortable with the colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Demihuman View Post
    I like the orange too. Like everyone is saying this is turning into a gorgeous project. I just spent 10 minutes staring at it. I think the orange fits right in with the other oranges and yellows you have on his armor and belly. Each link of the chain mail is picked out very nicely I think you could have some darker colors in there or maybe lighter highlights and give it that wet shiny look like you have on the tentacles. Are the tentacles done? Some have shiny patches and some don't. I can't tell if it just the angle of the picture or if you are going for different levels of slime on the tentacles.
    The tentacles are done and I'm happy with the amount of gloss as it stands at the moment but that could change as things progress. I'm finding that as the paint job develops I often have to go back and tweak already painted areas. I'm using a lot of different colours on this mini and balancing every thing out takes a lot of subtle tweaking!

It's high time I posted another pic!

Name:  Gutrot Spume.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  321.0 KB

Things have been a bit busy recently resulting in a distinct lack of posts - I hang my head in shame!

However, I’ve managed to keep painting away in the background so Gutrot is progressing at a gentle pace. The photo above was taken last weekend and I’ve made progress (painting rotten heads and leather straps among other things) since then but I didn’t want to leave it any longer before posting. All going well I’ll be able to attach the trident to the mini over the coming weekend.

Simply incredible work. So much to look at

HI,

Watching as the painter has used color in the miniature I can say without any doubt that this is an original Sproket...

Amazing work...

May thanks,
    Mariano.

Dave will you be bringing him for me to have a sneaky look next friday?
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Amazing work and colors. I love what you've done with the armor. It's really cool to see your style applied to a nurgley figure like this.

Wow so much I admire on this mini...er ....I don't have a single favourite bit just sections I'm going to rip off more than others!! That hook!!!! My God; as some one who loves NMM and is conceited enough to think I know how to do it I am spell bound it IS metal the blending the subtle colour the SENMM and NMM all together the way there's no real glinty white but it just screams look at me. Then the scar tissue wrinkles in the crook of the knee so so so good! I cant wait to see this in the flesh.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

It is strange to say it, but... This nurgle thing is precious and a pleasure to look at!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram