Sproket's WIP - Page 29
Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Sproket's WIP

BARSTARD!
    Which was my first reaction on seeing those Photos!

Second, Man that's good work.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

That loud noise you just heard in the distance was my jaw meeting the floor. This is just bangarang man.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Thanks Guys! There is a load more work to do but I feel like the paint job on Gutrot is finally coming together.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Oh now I see where you are coming from with this. Woah...it just jumped up by like 3 levels with those effects. You are a wizard! What manner of foul sorcery is this???!!!

Very much impressed, you are simply adding to the ranks of drool sputtering fan-boys with each completed miniature. I'm assuming there is a good write up of these effects on the blog?! If you base this guy properly (and you will,of course,as this be your greatest skill) then you will have written the book for Captain Gutrot. When you said you had the basing link I provided saved for reference already, does this mean Gutrot will be based on a ship???
    I'm working on a blog update over the weekend - I want to take some pics that demonstrate the materials & technique. Yes Gutrot will be based on a ship (or at least a part of one) - a rotting ship of course.

Those tentacles are simply awesome, I really like em.

I can't find good enough words to do it justice. I'm with BoK, I would love to know how this is done.

Oh man, the possibilities!!! Of course, the wood should be just absolutely barnacle infested underneath the water line. Wood just rotted and chewed up so that one wonders how she is even seaworthy. If you had the bitz, a cannon could peek menacingly through a porthole. But better yet, on the prow there is a statue of some rotten Nurgle-thing chained crudely to the battering ram. Could truly stretch your basing skills to the max...get plenty of balsa...
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Hmmm shushi... I love the armor David,Very inspirational! I will try to mimic one day in my style. Love the fish egg effect and all that area. I agree with the mob, you have your unique style and it's a delight to watch.

e me be the first to say I'm hanging up my brushes....I'm done lolololol you have a godlike talent..superhuman painting skill...every thing in the world has it..the top tip of talent and you david have the titled of best in th world..my opinion but I don't think there are many that disagree.

Though I have some reservations with regards to such vibrant and crisp colours being used on this particular figure the application of those same said hues is nothing short of breathtaking. It truly does feel as if the piece has been ripped from an expensive illustration such is the smoothness of the blending: I really do feel that this is a work of art in the making.
    I echo everyone else's sentiments with regards a nautical base, though perhaps the addition of some blubbery flesh oozing through broken planks beneath the water line as is alluded to in the Glottkin book would be an interesting addition.

I see you have powerful friends Dave!, looks like the dark side is more powerful when it comes to painting

Attached Images Attached Images  
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Sproket is a Sith Lord eh? The force is strong in this one. Awesome stuff dude.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Oh my god, that guy is totally evil! What the hell is Vader doing hanging out with him?! :P
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

you have some quality work Sproket, I will bow now to your god-like painting skills
    Regards

David

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Oh my god, that guy is totally evil! What the hell is Vader doing hanging out with him?! :P
    He is the EMPRAH! (see what i did thar? SW or 40k)
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

The look on my face says 'I just know the photos of this are going to come back and haunt me'. I wasn't wrong.

And yes, I am evil

Quote Originally Posted by Quiarcus View Post
    Though I have some reservations with regards to such vibrant and crisp colours being used on this particular figure the application of those same said hues is nothing short of breathtaking. It truly does feel as if the piece has been ripped from an expensive illustration such is the smoothness of the blending: I really do feel that this is a work of art in the making.
    I echo everyone else's sentiments with regards a nautical base, though perhaps the addition of some blubbery flesh oozing through broken planks beneath the water line as is alluded to in the Glottkin book would be an interesting addition.
    I think I must be showing my old school roots and harkening back to the days when Chaos was very colourful! To be honest I'm quite surprised that so many people find the colours on this mini so bright. Once I'd decided on a nautical theme and to use an octopus as my main inspiration the colour palette felt like a natural choice. But then again bright is my default setting anyway

Yes I really like the idea of 'blubbery flesh oozing through broken planks' and possibly some tentacles as well. I think the big challenge with the base will be get all the character & detail into it that I want without over powering the mini. I've a bit of a history of going OTT on a base and having to start over with something simpler.
    Last edited by Sproket; 02-03-2015 at 09:13 AM.

I would use exclusively dark and cool colors on the ship's sides or anything on the exterior. Then on the floor of the ship have things warm up the closer you get to the mini.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

The secrets of slime are no longer such a secret! I've updated my blog with a brief step-by-step.
    All is revealed HERE.

Yep just read it very good plus im going to get my nails done right now.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG