Sproket's WIP - Page 80
Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 307078798081 LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1601

Thread: Sproket's WIP

Andy and I thought he looked like guy fawkes lol
    Then I found out only people in the UK know who bloody guy fawkes was doh!!!
    Still made Stefan laugh
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

haha I think the British realm knows who guy fawkes is. Top job on the pic's and thanks for the colours on your blog

Oh dear, I've badly neglected the forum in recent months! I find that, since I retired from work, I'm spending less time online - make of that what you will. Anyway it's time to blow the dust off this thread and get posting. I'll start with a catchup of what I've painted since my last post.

Name:  Akito 5a.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  299.9 KBName:  Akito 5d.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  288.9 KB
    Name:  Horticulous Slimux 5a.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  197.0 KBName:  Horticulous Slimux 5b.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  196.9 KBName:  Horticulous Slimux 5d.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  197.0 KB
    Name:  old terminals3.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  510.0 KBName:  old terminals4.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  471.8 KB

Brining things bang up to date my latest project is a test piece working with yellow/purple in preparation for a contrast workshop at Element Games.

Name:  poxwalker1.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  271.0 KBName:  poxwalker2.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  285.1 KB

So inspiring. Thanks, David for posting. I really like how Akito is looking, and the Abyssal Warrior is a constant reference.
    pax et bonum

Amazing work!!! I really love that effect on the bikini top, that is sensational

nice to see you around these parts again. i have been following your nurgle chap on your blog, very inspiring stuff. I like what you have done with the recent model. great colours.
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Good to see you posting again Dave
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Lovely display of mindblowing stuff as always, inspiring, intriguing and fascinating to scrutinise the details.

Started stalking you on instagram too so hopefully you make that a regular posting spot as well.

Thanks guys!
    A little bit of an update on the poxwalker. I've started to incorporate some microbeads & slime. I used to do this as an add on once all the painting was finished but I now preffer to incorporate it into the painting. I think it helps to make the 'speciall effects more integrated with the overall scheme.

Name:  poxwalker1a.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  251.2 KBName:  poxwalker1b.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  246.0 KBName:  poxwalker1c.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  229.9 KB

I'm really enjoying this guy as a 'quickie' project! My overall schedule went off the rails this year and it feels like I'm getting back in controll of it through this project.

really cool, look great, that hint of blue in the shadows adds something really nice
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotebreaks View Post
    really cool, look great, that hint of blue in the shadows adds something really nice
    Over the last year or so I've started to include a hint of blue in most of my flesh tones, it adds a touch of realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Sproket View Post
    Over the last year or so I've started to include a hint of blue in most of my flesh tones, it adds a touch of realism.
    Yeah, that really steps it up. I've been doing something similar with orc skin by adding some crimson colour and seems to really add another dimension to the skin. Thanks for sharing - always inspiring and helpful to see a master at work.
    pax et bonum

I had a brilliant day yesterday! In fact I can safely say this has been my favorite Warhammer Fest to date. As usual the day sped by in no time at all. But I managed to catch up with, and chat to a whole ton of great folk, and see some fantastic painted minis. To cap it all off my Poxwalker won silver in 40k single mini! A great result and a great day.

In adittion I've finaly managed to get some decent pics of the finished Poxwalker.

Name:  poxwalker finished1.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  297.2 KBName:  poxwalker finished2.jpg
Size:  291.0 KBName:  poxwalker finished3.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  295.2 KBName:  poxwalker finishe4d.jpg
Size:  289.2 KB

Love all of those subtle colour shifts, cannot say more. and congratulations on that Silver!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Congrats David. The poxwalker is magnificently disgusting, and the silver was well earned.

Congrats Dave. The effect on those pustules is unique and very interesting.

Congrats! He truly is a horrible looking mini, in all the right ways

Congrats on the silver Sprocket fully deserved, it's a wonderful piece.

Congratz on the silver! And as said by the rest here. great models with fantastic shading and hues.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob