My first mini!
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: My first mini!

  1. #1

    Default My first mini!

    I'm not really sure where to post this. I`m really new at this. This is my first figures My boyfriend let me paint some of his leftover Everblights.
    I thought it was really funny, so I'll probably continue with the rest of the group. Hope you like it


    Name:  IMAG0563.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  537.5 KB

  2. #2

    Default

    Way too good to be your first minis, but if they are I think it is a really good job!. Congrats on finding the hobby!

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nsolver View Post
    Way too good to be your first minis, but if they are I think it is a really good job!. Congrats on finding the hobby!
    I cross my heart and hope to die, it`s my first. I take it as a compliment Tank you!

  4. #4

    Default

    Then you take it the right way!
    I wouldnt dare to show my first poor night goblin mini here on the forums, however I blame it on the hobby, It is hard to get started in this hobby when you have to get about 20-30 pots of colour, brushes and then some models to paint, before you even get the chance to do a mini. You on the other hand have most of the materials at hand at start wich is good!

    Welcome here by the way!

  5. #5

    Default

    I agree, very nice work.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nsolver View Post
    ... It is hard to get started in this hobby when you have to get about 20-30 pots of colour, brushes and then some models to paint, before you even get the chance to do a mini. ...
    I don't think that's the case at all. You can get in on this hobby for a lot less as I've learned from my time over on a forum that's a lot more tabletop game oriented, as opposed to display painting. Some companies even sell kits with brushes, minis, 4 or 5 paints, and step by step instructions. All for about $30.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

    #1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.



  7. #7

    Default

    @trystan, yes but i think it was quite an excellent excuse for me not having the same talent!

  8. #8

    Default

    LOL I have tons of paint and brushes (and minis), and I still can't get the colors right half the time!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

    #1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.



  9. #9

    Default

    That is a truly great first attempt! Far from everyone would have the skill to produce something similar in the beginning. I know I didn't!

    Would love some close up pictures. Hard to see the details and therefore you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong now. But it looks like you could give them a bit more shadow at the transitions between the skin and the "scale thingys" to make em pop a bit more. Also around the teeth and the root of their claws.

    Anyhow, awesome job!

  10. #10

    Default

    Nice. Reminds me of the land shark from Avril's new video. MF'n LandShark! LOL!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

    Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

  11. #11

    Default

    Beautiful work for a beginner! I'm about to tackle my Zombicide figures and I haven't painted in over 15 years or more - I'm WAY concerned about their outcome but you give me hope

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallan View Post
    That is a truly great first attempt! Far from everyone would have the skill to produce something similar in the beginning. I know I didn't!

    Would love some close up pictures. Hard to see the details and therefore you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong now. But it looks like you could give them a bit more shadow at the transitions between the skin and the "scale thingys" to make em pop a bit more. Also around the teeth and the root of their claws.

    Anyhow, awesome job!

    Thanks everyone! You are absolutely right! I was a little afraid to use shadows and highlights. I'll try to do some more!

  13. #13

    Default

    Yep- you did really good starting out the gate. When I did my first couple of minis, I over sprayed primer and had no clue as to blending and such.. Heck, I was also using left over enamel paints from tank kits my brother had. So, all in all it wasn't as good as this. You must've had a good teacher or at least had some idea of what to do to get this far so quick!

  14. #14

    Default

    Nicely done.. Looking forward to seeing more!

    Khonner

  15. #15
    Superfreak!!! Dragonsreach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs, UK (A Geordie in Exile)
    Posts
    17,305
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Those are pretty damn good for a first set, in fact better than one or two long term painters I'm familiar with locally.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll be achieving with more practise.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

  16. #16

    Default

    nicely done nattfly. welcome to both the hobby and the forums. I second what alot of previous people said. real great work for your first go at it.
    if you really find you enjoy this hobby this place has alot of good resources.

    tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

  17. #17

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    Yep- you did really good starting out the gate. When I did my first couple of minis, I over sprayed primer and had no clue as to blending and such.. Heck, I was also using left over enamel paints from tank kits my brother had. So, all in all it wasn't as good as this. You must've had a good teacher or at least had some idea of what to do to get this far so quick!
    I have the best teacher. I have looked when he paints and it has probably helped a lot. I probably would not have had a clue what I would do otherwise. It has been very easy to start when all that was needed was already at home.

    Thank you all! Now I was inspired to continue!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->