Release month of Rivet Wars is:
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Release month of Rivet Wars is:

Default Release month of Rivet Wars is:

The last I heard was that of September. Went to Gen Con and spoke with Ted and he said it will not be releaesed till that of November. So is November the last update we have?
    I was born to do this.
    -Joan of Arc-

Quote Originally Posted by johnwiser View Post
    The last I heard was that of September. Went to Gen Con and spoke with Ted and he said it will not be releaesed till that of November. So is November the last update we have?
    Yes.

Update 54 of the Kickstarter reads:

We've just completed a thorough review of the project and there are a couple of things we needed to adjust:

1. The plastic terrain won't fit in the core box - the whole thing becomes just too big to put on a retail shelf. All backers will still get the plastic terrain for free, but the retail box won't include them - they'll be available separately. What will be included will be a set of card counters as originally designed, and backers will get that as well.
    2. The clip on damage markers are trickier than we expected, so we're doing some more work on the tool so that it will work better. The scope of the add-ons is adding more time than we anticipated, mostly in the moldmaking phase which needs to get done correctly. This means the schedule has to be revised:
    a. Shipment 1 will only include the core box and possibly the plastic terrain, and will most likely complete production in October and will likely ship from our warehouses in November.
    b. Shipment 2 will contain everything else, all the free items and optional items including the Battle of Brighton and the heavy tanks, and this will go out as scheduled in Q1 2014.
    We apologize for the 2 month delay, but felt this was necessary in order to ensure that Rivet Wars you receive is a solid product. We'll update again as the project progresses.

As usual, if you have any concerns about your specific pledge, please email kickstarter@cmon.com and we'll get back to you in about one business day.

The problem is that Q1 extends to March 31st! That means we may not get any extras until April or May.
    Sky

Any updates on how things are progressing with the initial wave? Does it look like we're still on track for an October finish thus November send-out?

We are working on it as we speak. We are in the middle of Zombicide fulfillment right now. We will have some updates very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by borg View Post
    We are working on it as we speak. We are in the middle of Zombicide fulfillment right now. We will have some updates very soon.
    Brilliant, thanks for the update (wasn't a hassle, just looking forward)

I do not see this getting to us until sometime in December otherwise in 2014. I am sorry to be so negative but Cool Mini Or Not has shown me that they seem to keep biting off more than they can chew and we are the ones left waiting for them to get their stuff together. Hope they prove me wrong but only time will tell and in just another week it will be November.
    I was born to do this.
    -Joan of Arc-

I will very disappointed if I can't show off the game during our Thanksgivings game weekend. And while I'm sure CMON is working hard to get this out to us, they already have our money, so if they run late it doesn't cost them much.

I think the update that is happening very soon will tell us if there is any hope for Rivet Wars for Thanksgiving. We shall see...
    I was born to do this.
    -Joan of Arc-

So these are shipping out to CMoN November 15th meaning that we have no chance of seeing these for Thanksgiving. So our hopes now move to a Christmas release.
    I was born to do this.
    -Joan of Arc-

So these are shipping out to CMoN November 15th meaning that we have no chance of seeing these for Thanksgiving. So our hopes now move to a Christmas release.
    Wishful thinking is that Thanksgiving is almost two weeks after the 15th so there may be some lucky gamers who are playing Rivet Wars then. I'm just hoping that I'm one of them.

I think some will have it by Thanksgiving, but I doubt it will be many of us in North America. How many days does it usually take to get through US customs?
    Last edited by Spyre; 11-05-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Any confirmation that boxes will start to ship to warehouses on Friday? Production should be ready by now...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s/posts/667446

Win!

To summarise:

Core box is completed and unboxing video linked above
    A small delay due to an extra quality control check on the carboard components
    In-hand date is still aiming for before Christmas
    All backers will receive 3 x The Blight Plague Trooper and x 3 The Allied Clockwork Soldiers as a 'thank you' for being patient for this (and likely the previous) delays
    Second wave is currently ahead of schedule with a video of production samples above

pete

I have gotten (and will get) a lot of stuff via Kick starter but this game really has given me that "like a kid at Christmas time" feeling!
    I find myself thinking "oh you don't need that game. You'll have plenty to do with Rivet Wars coming".

So Ted you are going to make our Christmas very merry (I have three weeks off at Christmas!!) but please, please, please make our New Year bright with (at least) some solid hints about the next Rivet Wars Kick Starter!

Lance
    Sky

for all the blitzkrieg baker, are we going to get 2 base box with the first shipment (since blitzkrieg include all the base stuff x2)?

edit: i actualy realized that that would mean an extra tile set and also extra cards, so, sadly i don't think that's the case...
    Last edited by endragor; 11-20-2013 at 03:57 AM.

If you are BlitzX2 you'll get 2. If you are BlitzX1, you'll get 1 boxed set. The extra figures would come separately.
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

So the wait continues. It was a bit to much to see this before Thanksgiving with CMoN not getting this in their hands until November 15th (which that has now been pushed back until further notice.). I hate it when I am right but my gut was telling me around Christmas if we see it in '13 at all. I have hope but with each update we keep hearing more delays.
    I was born to do this.
    -Joan of Arc-

So the wait continues. It was a bit to much to see this before Thanksgiving with CMoN not getting this in their hands until November 15th (which that has now been pushed back until further notice.). I hate it when I am right but my gut was telling me around Christmas if we see it in '13 at all. I have hope but with each update we keep hearing more delays.
    I will stand corrected, but I do believe we're going to get them in time for Christmas. This set back is a production fault which appears to have been caught really early on in the grand scheme of things. The actual game itself is complete

What I find interesting is how Kickstarter funded projects can be so different to a internally/bank funded project. In a normal project, there would be a pretty stringent deadline which might be able to be pushed back once or twice, to hit the deadline would be at the cost of something within the product itself (cheaper material, some item not included, etc). Kickstarter projects seem to work the other way round, because a certain level of product has been promised so there isn't so much a deadline as a guess when things should be ready - which is normally vastly off!