The big Prison Outbreak Questions for Guillotine Games thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The big Prison Outbreak Questions for Guillotine Games thread.

Default The big Prison Outbreak Questions for Guillotine Games thread.

Now that some people have their hands on Prison Outbreak, are playing it, and rules questions are starting to appear, it's time for another 'big ... Questions for Guillotine Games thread'!

Post your Prison Outbreak related questions here, I'll collate them all in this here OP, and then, at some point, will send them off to Guillotine Games, and then post a new thread with their answers once I receive them.

Question 1: Can you use an action to move from zone A into a security room and then use the rest of your actions to shoot the zombies in zone B, allowing the security room to eject you back into zone A?

Question 2: Will we be getting updated character cards for the two miniatures whose figure colors were swapped?

Question 3: With Resurrection mode, what happens when someone dies in the driving seat of a car?

Question 4: Also in Mission M03 Concrete Saw the mission objectives state that one needs to clear the prison of all zombies, but there are two spawn points within the prison itself - should one be able to disable these spawn points in some way, and if not, how is one expected to win?
    Question 5: The Beserker Abomination that comes with Prison Outbreak is very cool, but what happened to the one shown during the Kickstarter?
    Question 6: Do the yellow lines in the 'basket ball courts' (tiles P1 and P2) demarcate individual zones, or is the whole area one big zone?
    Question 7: If a Survivor that has both the Ambidextrous and Webbing skills (Lea, in Red, for example), has two Katanas and two Wakizachis in their inventory, can they dual wield the Katanas and get the bonuses from the Wakizachis, if so, would they also get a bonus if they had one Wakizachi, not two, and how many bonus dice do they get in each case?

Question 8: If you need to place a Beserker Zombie on the board and you have run out of Berseker minis of the relevant type, do just the Berserker Zombies, or both Traditional and Beserker Zombies, of that type gain an extra activation, or none of them?

Question 9: Can Zombies 'see' Survivors in Observation Towers?

Question 10:Since a Berserker Abomination has two moves, when it destroys barb wire, does it then get to move 1 space through?
    Question 11:The rule book seems to indicate that Abominations destroy fences BEFORE any zombies move, thereby allowing them to move through the gap if they want, is that true?

Question 12: If an area is sealed off due to a rotating security gate, will you draw spawn cards for each room revealed once the rotating security gate turns and opens a pathway to the area? In other words do rotating security gates count as doors when it comes to spawning?
    Question 13: Usually cell doors will be opened by a switch, but does that mean they can't be opened by anything else (e.g. a survivor with a door opening item equipped)?

Question 14: If the Berserker Abomination has LOS to two zones; the first one zone away with one survivor; the second two zones away with two survivors, but directly in line after the first zone, in which the further one is generating more noise, will it just walk through the first zone containing one survivor to go to the noisiest zone?

Question 15: For the map tiles with the barbed wire, are the zones "behind" the barbed wire (the ones with yellow lines) considered indoor (building) zones or outdoor (alley) zones with regards to spawning?

Question 16: Are the impassable boundaries of a rotating security gate meant to be treated as walls or doors when resolving zombie movement?

Question 17: In M02, the special rules "from bad to worse" say 'If the Berserker Abomination is already in the game, replace it with a Berserker Fatty and two Berserker Walkers.' Does this mean replace the Abomination you have just spawned by revealing the blue objective, or replacing the existing Abomination which is already in the game?

Question 18: In Mission M10, the yellow lines in the prison hallway don't really match. Are they supposed to be threated as parallel zones or can you shoot/walk "diagonally" into the other zone because the zones share a small border?

Question 19: If a character has Tough from the start, and holds two Riot Shields, does he get to ignore three attacks?

Question 20: Can a car drive through a broken barbwire fence?

Question 21: When you remove an additional Zombie due to a Reaper skill, does the survivor earn that extra point of experience too? Or is the extra zombie simply removed?
    Question 22: Bloodlust. Does the Survivor have to finish their move by ending in a zone containing Zombies, or can the skill be used simply to get the Survivor closer to a zone containing Zombies?
    Last edited by Scorpion0x17; 02-09-2014 at 04:25 AM.
    In memoriam - the Tearful 107, May 6th 2012

(banner by Joshua "Cornbread" Harris (AKA: Skittlebrau))

- With Resurection mode in, what happen when someone dies in the driving seat of a car?
    - Can dog companion be stached in a car anyhow?

Quote Originally Posted by XofMdS View Post
    - With Resurection mode in, what happen when someone dies in the driving seat of a car?
    - Can dog companion be stached in a car anyhow?
    Slightly reworded and added.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17
    Question 1: In prison outbreak scenarios there are a lot of places that have an entrance point on one tile and a wall on the adjacent tile, how is this handled?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17
    Question 1: In Mission M03 Concrete Saw there appears to be no way in to the 'white sector' - is a door missing or misplaced?
    Both removed because they've been answered in the revised Prison Outbreak rulebook (available to download here).

Will CMoN provide the missing Flamethrower and 2x .44 Magnum cards for Inmate Backers in Wave 2?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    Will CMoN provide the missing Flamethrower and 2x .44 Magnum cards for Inmate Backers in Wave 2?

Thanks!
    Pretty certain, as the questions in this thread are destined for Guillotine Games, not CMON, this would get the answer "we have made those items available for download and print" (or words to that effect).

So, not added.

(also I may not send the questions in before Wave 2 arrives (depending on when it arrives))

Speaking of the Prison Outbreak cards, I was hoping to find a set. I suspect some will turn up on EBay, and I've inquired here with CMON. If anybody knows of anybody selling them, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wigdog View Post
    Found the cards at the site.

http://guillotinegames.com/en/update-list
    Thanks, tho I really do want actual printed cards that should have been included with the models.

Question 2: Can a dog companion be stashed in a car?
    EDIT: Moved to http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...e-Games-thread
    Last edited by Scorpion0x17; 10-28-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Mission M03 seems to be missing some doors on its map - Specifically from the alleyway on tile 15P leading to the dinning room zones. Where are these meant to be placed, and what kind of door tokens should they (it?) be?

Edit: Ok, just looked at the pdf rulebook on the website, and the doors are actually marked on the map there. The printed rulebook that comes with Prison Outbreak is the one missing the doors...

Edit2: Just remembered we had a query concerning "Reaper"
    When you remove an additional Zombie due to this skill, does the survivor earn that extra point of experience too? Or is the extra zombie simply removed?

Edit3: Bloodlust. Does the Survivor have to finish their move by ending in a zone containing Zombies, or can the skill be used simply to get the Survivor closer to a zone containing Zombies?
    Last edited by Goofycabal; 01-09-2014 at 07:51 PM.
    "There is often an unexpected chocolate" - Terry Pratchett.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofycabal View Post
    Mission M03 seems to be missing some doors on its map - Specifically from the alleyway on tile 15P leading to the dinning room zones. Where are these meant to be placed, and what kind of door tokens should they (it?) be?

Edit: Ok, just looked at the pdf rulebook on the website, and the doors are actually marked on the map there. The printed rulebook that comes with Prison Outbreak is the one missing the doors...
    Yup, the PDF download is the correct, and more recent, version.

Edit2: Just remembered we had a query concerning "Reaper"
    When you remove an additional Zombie due to this skill, does the survivor earn that extra point of experience too? Or is the extra zombie simply removed?
    In the description for Reaper:... it says "kill" not "remove", so I'd guess the survivor earns the extra point of experience, but I'll add it to the list.

Edit3: Bloodlust. Does the Survivor have to finish their move by ending in a zone containing Zombies, or can the skill be used simply to get the Survivor closer to a zone containing Zombies?
    The description for Bloodlust:... seems to imply that one has to end in a zone containing zombies, but it's not clear, so I'll add it to the list.
    Last edited by Scorpion0x17; 01-12-2014 at 05:24 PM.

WARNING!

I will (unless I get a flood of questions) be submitting these questions to Guillotine Games on, or around, but not before, the weekend of the 1st of February.

If you have any further PO rules related questions, which haven't already been covered, that you wish Guillotine Games to answer, make sure to post them BEFORE that date.

I shall post a one further warning about a week before.

Here's one more for ya. Can't find anything in the rulebook about it.
    Using the original "plenty of ammo" cards with expansions. Do they work with any of the expansion weapons? What ones work with what?

Quote Originally Posted by squipple View Post
    Here's one more for ya. Can't find anything in the rulebook about it.
    Using the original "plenty of ammo" cards with expansions. Do they work with any of the expansion weapons? What ones work with what?
    They work with the weapons listed on the cards.

This is confirmed by the Plenty Of Ammo cards in Prison Outbreak - they're identical (list the exact same weapons) to those in Season 1.

FINAL WARNING!

I will (unless I get a flood of questions) be submitting these questions to Guillotine Games on, or around, but not before, the weekend of the 1st of February.

If you have any further PO rules related questions, which haven't already been covered, that you wish Guillotine Games to answer, make sure to post them BEFORE that date.

There will be no further warnings.

FINAL FINAL (despite saying there would be no further warnings) WARNING!

OK, having been knocked sideways, somewhat, by a change in medication, I've decided to extend the deadline on this by what is now only a few days.

I will now be collating the questions and submitting them to Guillotine Games this coming weekend (starting 8th of February).

Well, assuming no life events get in the way again!

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm going to wait until the next warning before I submit my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by donnbobhardy View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm going to wait until the next warning before I submit my questions.
    That would be funny if I hadn't been as I'll as I have been over the last two weeks.

Or, if you're being serious and you have questions that you've yet to submit, I suggest you do so immediately.

And the questions have been sent!

Any questions submitted after this point will not be sent to Guillotine Games by me - however, if you wish to post questions here, send them to Guillotine Games yourselves, and post any answers received, then please feel free to do so.

I will post the answers to the submitted questions once I have received them.
    Last edited by Scorpion0x17; 02-09-2014 at 04:49 AM.