Wrath of Kings - Crossover Survivors

Thread: Wrath of Kings - Crossover Survivors

Question Wrath of Kings - Crossover Survivors

Are you going to back Wrath of Kings to get the 2 Crossover Survivors?
    Last edited by donnbobhardy; 09-10-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Issues with poll

Very tempted right now. I am still wondering what other Crossovers they will release. Maybe Kaosball or SDE next?

I jumped on for them. Love the LARPer story line for them.

I was 80% committed to some WoK anyway so good chance
    JokerOx? Ox? Stupid fat fingers and the keyboard it's supposed to be Oz!

I have no interest what so ever in WoK and i find it a distastefull way to try and force people into backing another game.
    Fortunately for me I know someone who backs WoK so I can get him to order the survivors/zombivors for me.

I thought the Xover was a pretty sweet idea, so I pledged. I didn't feel forced at all. Of course I don't NEED them, but I'll support CMON. If I thought anyone in my area would actually play WoK I'd buy in big. The models looks SWEET!

My objection is to the fact that originally they did not allow you to order unless you allso pledged for WoK (Wich holds no appeal to me)
    They have since then opend up for former backers of Zombicide to be ably to order them without pledging to WoK

Quote Originally Posted by Holmelund View Post
    My objection is to the fact that originally they did not allow you to order unless you allso pledged for WoK (Wich holds no appeal to me)
    They have since then opend up for former backers of Zombicide to be ably to order them without pledging to WoK
    I found out from the email I got from CMON. I did read some pretty ugly posts about the subject. I'm one that thinks if you don't like the business model, don't support it. From my perspective, the idea is fun!

The weird part for me is this is purely zombicide content sold in the WoK kickstarter. All of the other cross overs I've seen have been for the game the KS is producing with a theme/reference to some other project (like the KD twilight knight in WoK... its based on KD, but for use in WoK). Maybe this is more common and I just haven't seen it.

I do appreciate that they're making them available to zombicide backers so you can get them without buying into WoK if you don't want to. But I still think they'd make more sense if it was a cross over sold in the next zombicide KS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey03 View Post
    The weird part for me is this is purely zombicide content sold in the WoK kickstarter. All of the other cross overs I've seen have been for the game the KS is producing with a theme/reference to some other project (like the KD twilight knight in WoK... its based on KD, but for use in WoK). Maybe this is more common and I just haven't seen it.

I do appreciate that they're making them available to zombicide backers so you can get them without buying into WoK if you don't want to. But I still think they'd make more sense if it was a cross over sold in the next zombicide KS.

Excactly. It was a marketing ploy to force Zombicide Backers into backing a game/miniatures (that some of us has absolutely no interest in) in order to get something for Zombicide.

Fortunately it backfired enough for them to open it up for Zombicide fans without being forced to spend a lot of money on WoK

Or a ploy to sucker WOF backers into getting into Zombicide?

Quote Originally Posted by donnbobhardy View Post
    Or a ploy to sucker WOK backers into getting into Zombicide?
    To properly do that the models will need WOK rules and stats.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs1213 View Post
    To properly do that the models will need WOK rules and stats.
    Not really. They're cool models that are ONLY useful in another game. Anyone who backs for them either has pretty knick-knacks with no use, or has to buy Zombicide to use them. It should at least make several of WOK backers investigate what Zombicide is. Especially after all of the arguments that took place in the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by donnbobhardy View Post
    Not really. They're cool models that are ONLY useful in another game. Anyone who backs for them either has pretty knick-knacks with no use, or has to buy Zombicide to use them. It should at least make several of WOK backers investigate what Zombicide is. Especially after all of the arguments that took place in the comments.
    They could be cool models... but in my limited experience with zombicide minis, they have been a pain to clean and paint. They seem (at least to me) more board game quality than miniature game quality. If those two figures were actually being made by WoK, then I'd totally get them. But since I'm guessing they're going to be made by zombicide I'm doubtful on how good they will be for painting.

Of course I haven't been following the discussion too closely, so perhaps I don't have the facts correct.

I looked at WoK, but no one in my gaming circles has an interest in tabletop war games. I've tried multiple times in the past and could never muster their interest, so I have a ton of cool models for painting, but no gaming opportunity so I was out when it required a decent investment into WoK to get these two, but with the Ala Carte option now the completionist in me made me sign on for them. Love the cosplay character concept too.

Zed you could wait for an EB King to open up. Then use the trade in value to get your Zombicide figures and sell the beefed out starter on eBay. Plus you can get a Twilight Knight that way as well.

That Twilight Knight might have some decent ebay value. There seem to be a number of KD backers who want it but don't want to buy into WoK. I don't really see what the big deal is... there aren't any KD rules, it just looks like the Twilight Knight. But, people still want it, so there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs1213 View Post
    Zed you could wait for an EB King to open up. Then use the trade in value to get your Zombicide figures and sell the beefed out starter on eBay. Plus you can get a Twilight Knight that way as well.
    I think there will be a ton of starters on Ebay from people doing this. Beware!

You are probably correct, but if you are just looking to make some of the difference back not make hundreds of $ then you should be fine. Plus, its all about timing on eBay anyway. Just look at the season one stuff, about a week ago prices started to drop and now they are back up again. I am still hoping to see some Kasoball crossover as well, but who knows.

I wasn't going to back originally out of general principle but believe it or not what put me over was the Ancient King, love the look of that mini, so I went in for $90, the two Z promos, the Twilight Knight, Iron Eyes, the King, and two monsters (the construct and the octopus rider for my Strange Aeons games.) Some of the WoK models did look pretty nice, and I was tempted by the Goritsi, but too many duplicates for my liking. Had my fill of painting the same model numerous times from back in my GW days.