Sweet paint racks... finally!

Thread: Sweet paint racks... finally!

Wink Sweet paint racks... finally!

Hey there,

I have been painting for a LONG time... and have a lot of paints, but I never found a good paint rack. Some guy on "Etsy" is making and selling some really cool racks, and I wanted to share my finding.

FYI, I don't work for this person... I'm just an old skool painter (i won the Golden Demons MANY years ago) who finally found a great paint rack and wanted to support the creator.

Link to paint rack store;
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/12012957...shop_home_feat

Cheers!
    Scott

Name:  il_570xN_414619283_a2lr.jpg
Views: 2305
Size:  70.5 KB

Here is an image of my work desk with my racks:

Name:  paintRacks_01.jpg
Views: 1571
Size:  221.1 KB
    Last edited by rallyRays; 09-15-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: adding image of my desk

They're really quite nice, sensibly priced too! Shame they're US only

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Those are nice and for the same price I can put my craft paints in another rack (terrain paint).
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RuneBrush View Post
    They're really quite nice, sensibly priced too! Shame they're US only

It's not. They ship to Canada too.

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

Now if he only made a rack that fit my whole collection- and I'm talking the old GW inks, a Reaper screw top and the odd bottle of Tamiya and whatnot.. Sigh... I'll just have to keep the 'ole carousel one I got. But for $20 it seems like a good deal.

Seems nice, but...no Japan, huh...
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for checking out my paint racks. I have been making these since January. I mainly started making them just to see if I could create a paint rack that worked for me, and wasn't too expensive. I came up with a few versions, and put them up on Etsy to see how they would do. I chose Etsy just because it was an easy way to get the racks out there for people to see. It ended up that a lot of crafty type people are on Etsy, and the paint racks are doing pretty well so far. I don't plan on quitting my day job, but it is fun to me to produce something that other people find valuable. Every now and then I crank out a new version, or something totally different (my latest update is a dice tower) to add to the line.

I noticed a few people asked about international shipping. I don't have anything against international shipping, it is just so expensive that I haven't done a lot of it. I will go ahead and open that up as well just so the option is out there, but the paint racks start getting pretty pricey when you add on the international shipping.

Anyway, just wanted to drop by and say hello.

Thanks,
    Kelly

Thanks for the link. I've been looking for reasonably priced paint racks for a long time now and these are perfect. I'll have to figure out how many I need.

You have some excellent stuff, there! Good luck!

@Kelly

Do you have plans to also make a painting station?

Quote Originally Posted by weebph View Post
    @Kelly

Do you have plans to also make a painting station?
    I do want to work on a paint station, but I don't have anything definite yet. I keep running into the problem of how to make it big enough and still shippable. Probably the biggest problem is the lack of time I have to work on the design though.

I have a few other things I am working on as well. I have a preliminary design for a stadium style rack for dropper bottles that is close, just not quite ready to sell just yet. I am working on a small paint caddy for a custom order, and I have a request for a tool holder. I keep putting the paint station on the back burner to get these smaller designs worked out.

Thanks for the inquiry though. The more information I have about what people want helps me figure out what to do next.

Kelly

That's nice to hear. Looking forward to the release of your paint station.