Most amazing GW deal ever
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most amazing GW deal ever

Default Most amazing GW deal ever

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...uestid=2463787

Enough said.

There's an entire discussion thread devoted to this on Dakka.

lol yeah I saw that on frothers. Would like to see how many people buy it
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

That's ridiculous. Plastic toys should not cost the same as a new car.

I think hell is probably something akin to cleaning and gluing that lot together.

It's marketing btw. Not something they think they will make money from. Look here we are talking about it so I guess it worked.

*shakes head sadly*

this used to be a hobby. For fun. On weekends. Where did it all go wrong?

ps and incidentally, it's 1.5m yen for the same deal, which is about 10,000quid, ie 3000 pounds more than the UK version. I appreciate that the kind of person who might conceivably buy such a deal probably wouldn't worry about such inconsequentialities, but still. A 3 grand shaft for those of us over here. Ouch.
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

I don't think they're seriously considering that many people will buy it. It's just there to create a buzz. Albeit they probably hoped for a more positive "how cool" buzz. Perhaps the younger, target, generation reacts differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    I think hell is probably something akin to cleaning and gluing that lot together.
    My thoughts exactly.

Did anybody sit down and calculate if it even is a discount?
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Wtf, I'm lost for words.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

So lets get this straight er 5 or 6 kilos of plastic for £7k+ is that right?

GW, it's gone from dislike at what they have become to me actually hoping that they go bust for being such a bunch of arseholes.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Quote Originally Posted by PegaZus View Post
    Did anybody sit down and calculate if it even is a discount?
    some on dakka did. suprisingly it has about 10-15% off from individual boxes.

most likely
    but after cleaning and gluing 5 raptors + 18 chosen + 60 cultist(a bit less than a company) this weekend, I'd say it can be done in a week or two. Maybe even one weekend if friends help.
    Then again after that you'd hate to look at the models and you'd probably loose your friends

then comes the 2nd part of hell: painting them. (but if you had the money to buy it, then you probably have money to burn, so it may be better to get them painted by others, on lowest quality level it'd about the same(£7-8k) - double (£15k) as the figures themselves.

Back when GW did the whole chapter for a Games Day the work was spread around. Each store had to bang out a squad to a shared low standard, with Eavy Metal doing the fancy squads - think they were pushed for time cos I got given a command squad to do too.

Sod doing the whole chapter on your own. Even with a joylessly low quality paint job it'd take ages. Boredom or the yearning for something else would kick in before finishing that lot. At least buying as you go you'd not end up with the mother of all lead mountains. Or rather, plastic and so much fine-cast you might have finished painting the plastics by the time you'd been through enough returns of miscasts.

If I take my entire stock of unpainted minis- it would probably be over the amount shown.. but.. yeah.. WTF? And I know in my bones that 1) there are people who are going to buy it and 2) people who will complain that (insert your favorite space marine chapter here) doesn't have a deal like this.

if there is a worthy discout i can get it, as you can be a lot of people sharing a package. well, has to be a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    lol Would like to see how many people buy it
    Well I won't be one.
    7K for Smurfs?
    Oh hang on a second, eerrrm kinda realised that over the years I've spent a damn sight more than that on GW stuff.
    Still in one hit.....only spoiled rich brats of any age.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I'm thinking about getting this as soon as I find a pilot with a cropduster to undercoat it for me

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    So lets get this straight er 5 or 6 kilos of plastic for £7k+ is that right?

GW, it's gone from dislike at what they have become to me actually hoping that they go bust for being such a bunch of arseholes.
    hoping that G.W go bust putting hundreds of people out of work because they had some fun with a web deal is a bit much i would say, and calling them arseholes?? nice.

Quote Originally Posted by lil View Post
    hoping that G.W go bust putting hundreds of people out of work because they had some fun with a web deal is a bit much i would say, and calling them arseholes?? nice.
    when put like that yes a bit strong I accept ok let me rephrase. I don't appreciate their fun with the web deal as I see it is indicative of there bottom line approach to the hobby which really really annoys me as they cant even give a decent bulk purchase percentage which I find insane considering the size of the order and the immense markup involved here. Yes in this current climate wishing they would go bust and the job losses that would incur is uncalled for I apologize. The arsehole bit well no the vast majority who work for them aren't yet again I apologize for that. However I feel that it does apply to the head honchos though perhaps I shouldn't have used the swear word.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

I think Andy's quote was meant tongue in cheek.

Its all a PR stunt anyway.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I guess overall, I dislike the way GW has gone as well. However, after taking a look at some of their public financial records, and even more records as a financial type, I'd say we're lucky to have them at all. I suppose as sad as it is, it boils down to business model or bust. Which despite many disliking it, would be a sad, sad thing.