Recent inspirational paint jobs

Thread: Recent inspirational paint jobs

Default Recent inspirational paint jobs

This has been milling round in my head yesterday, so I thought I'd pop up a post on it. In recent memory (i.e. last couple of years or so), what (if any) paint jobs have you found either inspirational or pushed miniature painting in a new direction?

For example, the two that do come to mind are Sprocket's Scourge diorama and Gigantic Dark's FW Space Marine conversion. Both in different ways, but both because they've been kind enough to show full work in progress as their projects have gone on.

pete

Are you limiting it to items on Coolmini or ones seen in general?
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

For me, finished result is less inspiring than WIPs and suchlike. Sproket's scourge are an excellent example of a wonderful diorama with equally wonderful and helpful commentary along the way. Skel's WIP thread is full of great minis, and Blackadder's warlord Titan WIP is so far off the bonkers scale it drops the jaw.
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Are you limiting it to items on Coolmini or ones seen in general?
    No limitations

There is an artist by the name Arus on here. Only three things in the gallery, but I love them. I can't put my finger on why, but I keep going back to look at the rainbow tights girl and the space marine with power fist. Maybe it's the poses and the simplicity of them looking like fun minis. Kinda like what Tryst is doing with those bones minis he's cranking out. They may not be display level, but they are really fun to see brought to life.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

For me it was the Eldar Titan at Games day this year - done by a Spanish or Greek guy I think - it was green with like a pattern all the way down a leg - exquaite if anyone knows where it is or if the artist is on here?

This is one of the best ive seen to date:

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/2006
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

My god tenball yes - incredible truly!

Yeah fully sculpted and painted. It's right up there with Jarhead's, Blood Angels Slayer Sword winner. Just massive on so many levels.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Thank you Zab, Arus' gallery is really worth a look.