The next Bones Kickstarter powering ahead

Thread: The next Bones Kickstarter powering ahead

Default The next Bones Kickstarter powering ahead

Surprised that no-one has posted it yet on here so I'll just slip it in

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rn-of-mr-bones

Looks like there is plenty still to come and its only been going for 3 days.

Yes noticed it... My wallet thanks you for your kind reminding

Just started to paint the first set, the mini doesn't look so good when not primed... The white glossy surface alters the vision of details. But after being painted they are really nice....

What do you use for priming, Boubi? I have tried several different primers, and have yet to find one that really 'wow's me with the type of plastic, as compared to a metal mini.

Hi Ainnst, I use Tamiya small can, black, grey or white... But you can use any primer I believe, GW is working well as well. and I believe that airbrush will work too.

I just use runny black Apple Barrel craft paint, then drybrush gray, then dust white. Bones plastic takes paints directly (not thinned), such as basecoats and undercoats. I've read plenty of primer posts that the primer stays tacky, so why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by crystella333 View Post
    Surprised that no-one has posted it yet on here so I'll just slip it in

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rn-of-mr-bones

Looks like there is plenty still to come and its only been going for 3 days.

Wow! Crystella, where have you been?

Did someone forget to unlock the dungeon door and let you out?
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Been busy working on my equines....Its hard work when you have to do everything in the business....lots still to do on the run up to christmas

I've been priming mine with regular paint, tinted to a pale brown or grey depending on whether the mini is going to be warm or cool tones overall. Then I put on a wash of thinned deep brown to help see the details.

It is really difficult to see the details on the straight white plastic as it's a little translucent and the glow kills all shadows. But when based and washed as above they really pop.

The new Kickstarter is looking to be a fantastic deal, almost as good as the first one. Reaper has posted a pledge calculator with postage for ROW calculated in so people can know what to expect. Seval backers said the total postage was less than they had feared

For Doctor Who fans, recent stretch goals have included a British police public call box and a pair of crying and attacking angels.

Three days to go. Pledgers can pledge $1 and pledge for any of the goals, so an extra $15 for a kraken or an extra $100 for the core set, currently at about 150 figures, including some big ones.

Meanwhile, Victoria Lamb has written high praise of Reaper's Bones' ease of painting, detail, and sturdy quality.

EDIT: Oh, and there's a gorgeous new "Troll Slayer" Sophie the Succubus figure.
    Last edited by Pygmalion; 10-22-2013 at 08:23 PM. Reason: wrong number of days left

In one hour the 48-hour reminder email goes out.

There is some pretty good stuff in the KS (Aliens. A dwarf on a bear. Demons. A succubus in armor. A big-arsed dragon turtle.) and the value is of course incredible.

Several international backers have calculated their shipping costs and found them to be much lower than they expected.

And even a $1 pledge reserves the ability to add more items post-Kickstarter at KS price levels.

we are starting to hit some awesome stretch goals. Pledge now and help us power ahead so we can all get cool stuff!

Great Googly Moogly, have you seen their latest update?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s/posts/641319

(This is something the backers have been asking for since day 1!)

(To avoid coyness, it's a very big, spiky monster not unlike a Terrasque, in a great action pose by Jason Wiebe.)
    Last edited by Pygmalion; 10-25-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: to avoid teasing

The Reaper Bones II Kickstarter just finished a highly successful pledge drive, with 14,964 backers pledging $3,169,610.

This gives Reaper two of the top ten highest-funded game projects ever on Kickstarter.