Well, Now I've gone and done it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, Now I've gone and done it.

Blog Entries

Default Well, Now I've gone and done it.

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

Y'know as I am just now even THINKING of ordering Bones from the first batch, I don't think I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon here. When they come out, they're out- I can wait till school's over.. Or until I've gotten a bit more through the stacks of unpainted minis I have already. (No need to guess which will happen first). I do like how they're doing more PF minis which have some of the classic Tome of Horrors monsters. It's about freaking time we got some clear resin gelatinous cubes! Been wanting one of those ever since Temperance did one.

Was on there the other day and as tempting as it was to put some money down, I just can't figure out what I'll do with that many minis all at once.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shponglefan;
    I just can't figure out what I'll do with that many minis all at once.
    I plan to dump them in the box with the first kickstarter, and pray I live long enough to paint them all.

Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’

Luckily, my missus squeed at the Mouslings and rather strongly insisted I get a set. And one for the daughter. And the son.

Wallet's crying, but also begging not to be taken over to the Zim 3D printer KS either. Oh, if only I could come up with two more reasons to get that, too.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Y'know 3D printers are like any other technology- wait and before you know it a better, cheaper one will be out. Now if only Zbrush wasn't $700 to boot, too..

I still wonder if/when mini companies will sell their 3D sculpts for home use.

Everyone, to the future! Post haste my friends!!!

I've gone in for the mouslings and a dragon. Want to keep the costs down but can't wait to see what else comes out.

I daren't consider doing another kickstarter - have Rivet Wars arriving in a month or so and have put in for one of the Wrath of King's starter packs (and one for the other half too), so going to have a mountain of mini's to paint in addition to what I've got

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RuneBrush View Post
    I daren't consider doing another kickstarter - have Rivet Wars arriving in a month or so and have put in for one of the Wrath of King's starter packs (and one for the other half too), so going to have a mountain of mini's to paint in addition to what I've got
    DOH! Forgot I was in for Rivet Wars as well! Well, in case it doesn't go favorably when I tell the Missus, it was nice knowing you all! Wonder who I should bequeath all my minis to?

Magnus lost his smile.

I have been able to resist both of these Kickstarters, and my wallet thanks me for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhowl View Post
    DOH! Forgot I was in for Rivet Wars as well! Well, in case it doesn't go favorably when I tell the Missus, it was nice knowing you all! Wonder who I should bequeath all my minis to?
    Lol, good luck with that - I suggest body armour and a solid helmet... Having said that you might just prolong the pain :/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RuneBrush View Post
    Lol, good luck with that - I suggest body armour and a solid helmet... Having said that you might just prolong the pain :/
    It's a well known fact that She Who Must Be Obeyed, can bore through 3 inches of homogeneous steel with her stink-eye. Body armor won't be much of a help I'm afraid. Dead man walking! Dead man, walking here!

Magnus lost his smile.

Skipping this on international postage is going to be fairly high.......sinking what would have gone to Bones 2 on Man tic - Mars Attacks

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...iniatures-game

Got $40 on Bones for some of the options

I'm still paying for the first Kickstarter, so I only promised $1 for now. I'm interested in the big beasties... and the mouselings. I'll have to see what I can get when the time comes to rack up the add ons.

Quote Originally Posted by crystella333 View Post
    I've gone in for the mouslings and a dragon. Want to keep the costs down but can't wait to see what else comes out.
    OK I might have the wrong end of the stick here...You can select a small amount Say $1 and add $12 for the Dragon?
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    OK I might have the wrong end of the stick here...You can select a small amount Say $1 and add $12 for the Dragon?
    That's right. The dollar gets you in the door for add-ons (I believe the ones in the orange only, as the purples are expansions) You can add or subtract from pledge amounts up to the end. The guys on the LAF thread had to explain it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Yep that's right, the only thing you can't do is pledge $1 then up it to $100 and want the core. You would have to change to a Core specific pledge.

I did jump on this as an early backer but the more I think about it the more I think I am going to drop it. I still have my bones 1 box in the closet and the stuff is ok. I think I am going to drop it as soon as Marrow production starts there kickstarter this month. they were just featured in Portal magazine and here is there Facebook link.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marro...22020874501915

Same here, I follow them since few months... Living in China, Journey to the West is "the" chinese story. With the glimpse I saw they seemed to achieve a quite interesting version of it!
    I am impatiently waiting them to start their kickstarter...

Okay, dunno if this be the thread for it and this question has probably been dealt with along time ago... but, you gotta remember I was literally under a rock for 5 years, so here it goes:
    How the heck is the pricing factored in? If I choose the $1 pledge, do I just get a choice of one and if I pledge $15 do I get a choice of 15 minis or one dragon? Once I get this sorted out I may be on for future Kickstarter stuff, but this is my chief hang up right now.