Well, Now I've gone and done it. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, Now I've gone and done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    Okay, dunno if this be the thread for it and this question has probably been dealt with along time ago... but, you gotta remember I was literally under a rock for 5 years, so here it goes:
    How the heck is the pricing factored in? If I choose the $1 pledge, do I just get a choice of one and if I pledge $15 do I get a choice of 15 minis or one dragon? Once I get this sorted out I may be on for future Kickstarter stuff, but this is my chief hang up right now.
    Depends on the Kickstarter. If we are talking Bones II the. If you pledge $1 then you cannot have anything in purple as this is for the core set which you have to pledge $100 or more in the specific core set option. You can have any of the orange or brown, but not the individuals you pledge the amount stated and get the miniatures for that option......e.g. The water and ice elemental is $10 for all 4 pieces you cannot just have 1 of them......you would increase you pledge to $10 etc....etc...does that make sense?

Yeah, that makes better sense- so you're saying I can just get the bonus things if I don't want the core set.. And unfortunately, I just want the new PF heroes.. Well, back to waiting I guess..

In Bones I they did allow extras of core set additions to be purchased separately......don't know about this one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    Yeah, that makes better sense- so you're saying I can just get the bonus things if I don't want the core set.. And unfortunately, I just want the new PF heroes.. Well, back to waiting I guess..
    Chrispy,
    You can have my PF hero minis from the first KS and the second one once I get them. I don't play Pathfinder, and I have way more minis than I can shake a stick at. I won't miss them.

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhowl View Post
    Chrispy,
    You can have my PF hero minis from the first KS and the second one once I get them. I don't play Pathfinder, and I have way more minis than I can shake a stick at. I won't miss them.
    Wow. Super Kewl!PM me whenever you get them and we can set something up. I was going to buy them online, but if you don't want them, I'll be happy to take them off your hands!

@Chrispy - prices vary from one campaign to another. The base concept of KS is that you, the backer, are funding production of a product. In theory you could run a KS where the backers receive nothing but the warm fuzzy feeling of a startup started. However, companies like Reaper or CMON tend to use it more as a risk-free pre-order system. In this case, pledging $1 gets your foot in the door and nothing more. It does not entitle you to any minis. Once you have pledged at the $1 level, However, you can add extra funds later. Within the KS itself you won't be able to select what minis you want, but after the campaign is done Reaper will send out a survey and at that point you'll be able to select the minis you want up to the total value pledged (and probly top up with PayPal if you find the need to spend more.) You will not, however, be able to upgrade to the $100 pledge level. If you want that, you have to choose it from the start.

One other thing worth noting is that if you pledge at $1 you will only get whatever minis you add funds for. If you pledge at the $100 level you will get what's currently on offer PLUS any minis that are added as freebie add-ons over the course of the campaign. Based off Bones 1, that will be a lot of minis (er...about 100, iirc) Finally, there are several minis which are not part of the $100 level pledge, but must be paid for with extra funds regardless of what pledge level you select. Don't assume everything is up for grabs at $100.

*edit* darn iPhone not updating the page from last night. If y'all could just tuck this post in back on page 1, it'll make a lot more sense and I'll look a lot less stupid. Ta muchly
    Last edited by me_in_japan; 10-08-2013 at 02:40 AM.
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

In for a $1!
    I'll probably get the Kraken, depends on shipping cost to Australia.
    I'm guessing "Prohibitive" will be the word of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhowl View Post
    Well, Now I've gone and done it.
    Yep done me too for the Dragons.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.