Updated Website!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Updated Website!!

  1. #1

    Default Updated Website!!

    Just saw that the Rivet Wars website is now updated showing all the various retail expansions:
    http://www.rivetwars.com/products.html

    My question, though, is why there are so many "Kickstarter Exclusive" figures showing up in the retail packs? Or are these not actually "retail" packages??

  2. #2

    Default

    The War Room is the only one that appears to have KS exclusives in it. Unless I'm missing something?

  3. #3

    Default

    New website looks very nice.

    Maybe the War Room expansion is for KS backers only? It wouldn't personally bother me if it wasn't, but it would be nice if CMON could communicate this kind of stuff in a better manner.

  4. #4

    Default

    Hi guys. Glad you're digging the website update.

    The products page shows mockups of the retail boxes. How cool is it seeing all of those?!?!? And they aren't for KS backers only but show what the retail boxes might look like.

    The only mini I can think people might think is a KS exclusive is Dr. Vorne? But he's not a KS exclusive. In update #33 he's labeled as a Blitzkrieg exclusive not KS exclusive. I think one of the images near the bottom of the page on the KS front page mistakenly marks him as a KS exclusive so that might be causing confusion.

  5. #5

    Default

    Well, it seems like the War Room expansion contains 4-5 figures that had been previously been "KS Exclusive"
    Rivet Wars: War Room
    1) Iron Chancellor - Update #39 ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s/posts/398093 ) states that he is one of "four (yes count em...FOUR) additional Kickstarter Exclusive heroes"
    2) Uncle Rivet - see update #39
    3) Cruel Mini - see update #39
    4) Terror Nova - see update #39
    5) Dr. Vorne - Update #33 has him as a "Blitzkrieg exclusive." I did not think he was "KS exclusive," but Steve Bullock (at BGG) emailed CMON and was told that Dr. Vorne *was* an exclusive (http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/9655...a-ks-exclusive)

    But other than that major issue, the mockups look awesome!!
    p.s. So you couldn't do a clear resin for Baron Munchen like you had planned?

  6. #6

    Default

    I have to admit, having backed a number of kickstarter projects, including this one to the hilt - I'm beginning to suspect the word "exclusive" every time I see it. I'm guilty for buying more than I want sometimes to get that "exclusive" figure. but as I see more and more of these projects, I'm beginning to feel like it just isn't worth it, if exclusive only means that I can get it a little bit cheaper if I buy a "lot of stuff!" In the future, if it doesn't say "Kickstarter Only", I'm going to assume it will be available to anybody. Sorry, if I'm coming across cynical, but I mean to - LOL!

  7. #7

    Default

    Ah I see what your saying Binary. I think that was meant to be blitzkrieg. If you look at the front page with the images of everything you get, those guys aren't labeled exclusive so it is confusing.

    The ones that aren't going to be available at retail are the ones like Rosie, Atomic Robo, Vet, R100, Baby Girl and Man in Charge. Wigdog I hear you. One cool thing from that perspective is that if you got the Battle for Brighton with the kickstarter you'll be getting the Red Baron and Yooger, but those won't be available at retail. So that's really good if you got then through the kickstarter. Personally I'm bummed that they'll be so rare. Those are two of my favorite planes, especially the Baron. I really wanted to see pics of people with that on their tables ruling the skies. And I wish Rosie wasn't exclusive because she's so iconic as a war hero, even though it's WWII.

    Binary, no we couldn't do the color for munchen. The production of this game is amazingly complex, especially with all the stretch goals and extra minis being made. It would have cost a bit more to cast Munchen alone in the clear color. I might make my own molds and recast him in clear myself to try the LED lighting thing we all talked about We also wanted to do Vorne in a special color and all the heroes for that matter but it was too costly. I guess they'd have to block off part of the mold so that it would only fill the certain minis with the specific material and or just put minis of the same color on the same tool, which wastes space. That added complexity and time and that meant rising costs.

    Another thing to remember is the terrain. All the backers will get the plastic terrain but it won't be in the core box. It was too costly and large to fit in the box. The plan is to make that a separate retail box that all the backers will get and then people who buy at retail can buy the extra terrain if they want that upgrade.

  8. #8

    Default

    How large are the expansions going to be? Say you got Blitzkrieg + all the add-ons, would you effectively have bought the 5 expansions plus a handful of exclusives? Or due to the stretch goals would you be getting more than is in the expansions?

  9. #9

    Default

    But right below the image (that I agree doesn't have the KS exclusive logo next to those 4 figures), the detailed list *does* label them as exclusive:


    • Red Baron ($15)
    • Reme Funck ($15)
    • Uncle Rivet ($10) Kickstarter/con exclusive
    • Iron Chancellor ($10) Kickstarter/con exclusive
    • Terror Nova ($10) Kickstarter/con exclusive
    • Cruel Minie ($10) Kickstarter/con exclusive
    • Total value = $520 (so far)


    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Terranova View Post
    One cool thing from that perspective is that if you got the Battle for Brighton with the kickstarter you'll be getting the Red Baron and Yooger, but those won't be available at retail. So that's really good if you got then through the kickstarter. Personally I'm bummed that they'll be so rare. Those are two of my favorite planes, especially the Baron. I really wanted to see pics of people with that on their tables ruling the skies.
    Do you mean the Red Baron plane and the Reme Funck plane? (Yooger is just a plug) So those 2 *are* exclusive to the kickstarter?
    Last edited by binarysunrise; 10-10-2013 at 09:18 AM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Yeah I did mean Reme Funch, not Yooger

    And I talked to CMoN and we'll have to rework the War Room expansion to not include those 4 figures or just do away with that expansion. I'll take it off the site until it's sorted out.

  11. #11

    Default

    Ah, ok. And I'm sure that if CMON sent out a brief note that stated "I'm sorry, but we realized we needed to have leaders of each of the factions available to the general public in order to have a complete Rivet Wars universe, so we can't keep Uncle Rivet and Iron Chancellor as KS exclusives. To make up for it, though, we decided instead to make the Red Baron and Reme Funke exclusive" most KS backers will understand.

  12. #12

    Default

    I really don't see the problem with making the minis a retail release. The only people that it will make angry are the speculators, and if they don't like it, they can ask for a refund. The more people that get cool minis to play with the better. I don't need exclusives to feel special...

  13. #13

    Default

    Personally I hate the idea of exclusives having been on the receiving end because I couldn't fly thousands of miles to America to get a model I needed to play the game. Exclusives should be something special and not an integral part to the game. In this KS it could have been medals or something and not game characters.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Terranova View Post
    Ah I see what your saying Binary. I think that was meant to be blitzkrieg. If you look at the front page with the images of everything you get, those guys aren't labeled exclusive so it is confusing.

    The ones that aren't going to be available at retail are the ones like Rosie, Atomic Robo, Vet, R100, Baby Girl and Man in Charge. Wigdog I hear you. One cool thing from that perspective is that if you got the Battle for Brighton with the kickstarter you'll be getting the Red Baron and Yooger, but those won't be available at retail. So that's really good if you got then through the kickstarter. Personally I'm bummed that they'll be so rare. Those are two of my favorite planes, especially the Baron. I really wanted to see pics of people with that on their tables ruling the skies. And I wish Rosie wasn't exclusive because she's so iconic as a war hero, even though it's WWII.

    Binary, no we couldn't do the color for munchen. The production of this game is amazingly complex, especially with all the stretch goals and extra minis being made. It would have cost a bit more to cast Munchen alone in the clear color. I might make my own molds and recast him in clear myself to try the LED lighting thing we all talked about We also wanted to do Vorne in a special color and all the heroes for that matter but it was too costly. I guess they'd have to block off part of the mold so that it would only fill the certain minis with the specific material and or just put minis of the same color on the same tool, which wastes space. That added complexity and time and that meant rising costs.

    Another thing to remember is the terrain. All the backers will get the plastic terrain but it won't be in the core box. It was too costly and large to fit in the box. The plan is to make that a separate retail box that all the backers will get and then people who buy at retail can buy the extra terrain if they want that upgrade.
    Ted, I did order all of them so that is great for me. I'm sorry about this controversy about the word exclusive. My comment was in general terms and not directed solely at your kickstarter. From your comments and your posts that I have read - I'll support whatever decision you think needs to be made. Just the fact that you are going to put some of your plans on hold to work through this tells me you are a class act and I wish you and the company continued success!

    I have just been reading on another kickstarter - 2nd season - about a problem they had with continuity from one kickstarter to another and "exclusives". They figured out to give folks a chance to get the items but not disappoint the original backers - they used different colors of resin/plastic. The originals were in green kickstarter colors and the 2nd versions were in gray. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Wigdog; 10-10-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Additional information

  15. #15

    Default

    I have to say Ted, that I appreciate your openness about all of this! I love the Rivet wars... everything....!!! I just re-watched the painting videos and now have a box full of paints specifically set aside for Rivet wars figures. I cannot wait to get these and bid on your next chapter in this saga. I am anxious to run RW games at our local con and even my wargaming group is going to get a big dose of Rivets! I wanted to make sure I had plenty of figures so I went Blitz x3 plus lots of extras. I spent more on your KS than any other. I will do so again. Sooo hurry up - please!
    Sky

  16. #16

    Default

    Oh and one other thought. If a figure was a Blitz exclusive and the blitz was a KS bid level (not a retail box) then once the KS is over that level and that exclusivity is lost to all others after the fact. Two different names for the same thing.
    Sky

  17. #17

    Default

    Hi guys. Again thanks for all the support and ideas. I appreciate hearing all the thoughts and understand that there is an expectation one has after going in on a kickstarter. I've done it myself a few times

    We have a solution that we're working on. We want to make sure that the people who backed the kickstarter and were promised the exclusive figures get exclusive figures. But we also think the heroes are really too cool not to have at retail. The plan is to make new sculpts of Terror Nova, Cruel Mini, Uncle Rivet and the Chancellor.

    I'm working on those now at top speed. I should have them printed shortly and then expressed off to Hong Kong to join the rest of the troops in the factory. Thanks again for all the support!

  18. #18

    Default

    Great news ted. I'll buy those too.
    Sky

  19. #19

    Default

    Once they're available, I'd love to to see side-by-side comparisons the the original and new models.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Terranova View Post
    Hi guys. Again thanks for all the support and ideas. I appreciate hearing all the thoughts and understand that there is an expectation one has after going in on a kickstarter. I've done it myself a few times

    We have a solution that we're working on. We want to make sure that the people who backed the kickstarter and were promised the exclusive figures get exclusive figures. But we also think the heroes are really too cool not to have at retail. The plan is to make new sculpts of Terror Nova, Cruel Mini, Uncle Rivet and the Chancellor.

    I'm working on those now at top speed. I should have them printed shortly and then expressed off to Hong Kong to join the rest of the troops in the factory. Thanks again for all the support!
    Funnily enough I was going to suggest that one fairly common practice is a variant sculpt of a character Glad that's what's going to happen. As strange as it sounds it actually keeps the characters rare (i.e. you're not coming up with dozens of characters), but rewards the KS backers with something a little different.

    Keep up the good work!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->