Hey there!
It has been a long time since I posted anything here on CMON, so I thought it would finally be time for me to start a thread.
Over the years I've painted I got more and more in painting 'showcase' mini's as opposed to painting armies.

John Blanche's mini's always caught my imagination, not as much the painting itself but the vibe and mood his mini's have, its just a huge inspiration for me, the darker side of things without being completely Chaos. In other words: the nightmares of the empire. Well, that lead me to the Flagellants.
To start, my view on them was they are sort of the experiments of the empire; criminals and outcasts who have been convicted to be used to create better soldiers for the Emperor.
But I didn't want to overdo this so I kept the conversions/experiments quite subtle. It turned out to be more of creating the darker vibe then creating the weird experiments, but I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out.

So enough of the talking:
the unit
Name:  DSC_2066af.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  266.8 KB

started painting the first guy (and yup the weapon broke of... like ten times :/ )
Name:  DSC_3679af.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  343.7 KBName:  DSC_3680af.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  334.4 KBName:  DSC_3681af.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  356.5 KBName:  DSC_3682af.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  363.3 KB

Hope you like 'em, feedback is welcome!
Greets