Reaper Miniatures Bones II - Kickstarter

Thread: Reaper Miniatures Bones II - Kickstarter

Default Reaper Miniatures Bones II - Kickstarter

I was a bit puzzled not to see the new Reaper kickstarters mentioned here among the others (as far as I was able to determine), so in case some of you haven't heard of it yet, Reaper is doing a follow-up to the huge campaing they did last year:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rn-of-mr-bones

I have no relation to Reaper, other than being a happy backer, so if it was incredibly bad form to make a post like this, I apologize. Now I'll go back to looking wistfully at miniatures painted by people who are a lot better than me.

I'm having to stay away from this one. I just don't have the funds. Plus, out of the original kickstarter so far I've painted 7 models so I fear the missus would beat me to death if I backed it...

@Mytogen there is no problem in posting this I think everyone knows about it but I suspect many are like Mortarion, they have the first box with many unpainted still.

Although im in it right now I may bail. When I think about it its just a mini dump. Although inexpensive I would rather buy better quality miniatures or games that have miniatures. If I taught classes and wanted cheap minis to introduce people to the world of mini painting this would be great.

Yeah, I've already made up my mind and set up a deal to get the Pathfinder minis I want in another thread. However, when I was browsing this thread, Flyleaf's "Bury your heart" came on my shuffle- and the chorus is:
    Gold, gold, bones, bones
    Under platinum headstones
    Gold, gold, bones, bones
    Under platinum headstones

That's just freaky. :O

Quote Originally Posted by uglybug View Post
    @Mytogen there is no problem in posting this I think everyone knows about it but I suspect many are like Mortarion, they have the first box with many unpainted still.

Although im in it right now I may bail. When I think about it its just a mini dump. Although inexpensive I would rather buy better quality miniatures or games that have miniatures. If I taught classes and wanted cheap minis to introduce people to the world of mini painting this would be great.
    Sure, even I'm like Mortarion, with most of my batch from the first KS still unpainted. But then there is another year until this one actually ships, so I'm not too concerned about that.

As for the quality I agree, Bones do lack a little something - or perhaps rather they can be very uneven in quality - so yes it is in many way a mini-dump. I'm not sure low quality minis are the best for teaching though. I'm a pretty mediocre painter, and I certainly find that I'm help a lot by models with sharp and easy to read details. However I like the KS because A) I play games where I can use the minis and B) I like the weird and varied selection because it invites my to paint something new I might never have picked up if it wasn't just part of the pile.

In any case I glad it was OK to post these things. You are undoubtedly right that most people new about it already, but you never know.

Just a reminder that this thing is still going strong and coming into its last few days. It may not be quite as good a deal as bones 1 but there is still time and room for growth so you can put a big yet behind that statement. The core is cool but there are some really awesome add-ons that really make it worth it to me. So go back and take a look. Maybe you'll change your mind or up your pledge http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rn-of-mr-bones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXPx...layer_embedded

Check out this good look at some of the awesome minis that are available at stupid cheap prices.
    Pledge now.

So how much green are you laying down when you factor in the stretch goals? I'm not going to be buying anything else for months...

It ran right around my birthday so I laid down 300 bucks. I'm getting a lot of minis, I'm a bit concerned.