Webmonkey's Garage Kits,... - Page 21
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Webmonkey's Garage Kits,...

Now that the 2nd part of the tutorial is listed,.. here's an update. Managed to get the boots and first layer of the dress on.

It's only a flesh wound!!!

Haven't had much time to paint lately, but here's the latest update. At this point, I need to stop and think about the base, because I need to get her standing up before I can start on the head and hair.

nice work!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Every time I come in here you make me want to buy a garage kit, that's good (for you) and bad(for me, my wallet and trying to think of a way to convince my partner I need to paint more hot girls)

Welcome to your new addiction,....muhahahaha!!!! It's all part of my evil plan to take over the world using hot anime girls,...

Trying to make an ice base for this one,.. hopefully it turns out.

it will, as long as you use the right colors (white, blue, green, some grey, maybe some purple here and there) and the right mediums/finishes (gloss, satin)

ohh and it can be fun, to push the paint around the surface and blend while it's still wet and just having fun mixing the colors on the fly.

edit: no idea if it helps or not (haven't watched it yet), but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUSRYNhKbC0

edit edit: forget it, video is worse than usual
    Last edited by MAXXxxx; 09-18-2016 at 05:38 AM.
    Forgot, that it works again.

I seem to remember someone,.. (I think it may have been DR),.. that posted something about the "stop sign theory" of painting. Does anyone else remember this or know where I can find it? I believe it was buried in one of the threads,.. but I don't remember which one.

BAM I believe refers to it constantly...

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    BAM I believe refers to it constantly...
    BAM is a devout follower of the stop sign rule

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 280
Size:  157.0 KB

Thanks guys,.. that's exactly what I was looking for!!!

ok,.. it's been a while since I've updated on this one. Sorry, real life hasn't allowed for as much time as I would like to work on these things. Also, I've been sick a bit lately, and some of the products I needed for the ice base had to be ordered, and I was at the mercy of the US mail. That being said, Here's an update on where I am at the moment. I hope the ice base actually reads as ice (took me forever to get it looking like it does). One of the bows on her left boot apparently came off and is now missing. (I blame the cats),.. but that's ok, because I'm in the middle of making a new one. So that will be replaced in a couple of days, as soon as the resin dries completely.

Next up,.. the wings. I'm trying to decide what to do here. The come as a clear resin. I could try to color them to match the ice,.. or I could try to leave them clear. But I can already tell that the resin they are cast with is already starting to "amber". And long term, I don't think that's going to work. I'm thinking about white,.. or at least frosted white. Might make a nice contrast to all the other darker colors.

Thoughts?

Looking ace mate, with the wings maybe you could use some diluted inks to stain them while keeping them semi-transparent, I would also be tempted to do them in orange for 2 reasons, fiery wings would look cool and contrast well with the purple and blues and also it would be easier to hide the ambering if they still did under the ink, I have no idea how well it would work though

okay, that ice is amazing! If you could do that with the wings too it would tie them together so well XD

I think I'm calling this one done. I hope Ed and Angel like it. I hope you guys like it too. All I ever see is the flaws in my own work though,. but I'm trying to be positive about this one.

Sweet!

I think this is one of your best. Cool.

Beautiful colours webmonkey! ^^
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

wonderful work!
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland