Webmonkey's Garage Kits,... - Page 23
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Webmonkey's Garage Kits,...

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    No,.. I'll have to do a tutorial on the technique for you guys.
    Please do! That marble is stunning and I'm already trying to think of places it could be used.

looks pretty marbly to me. Much better, than feeble.
    Forgot, that it works again.

No,.. I'll have to do a tutorial on the technique for you guys.
    Yes please!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Wonder if I should post just the base as it is to the voting thread,.. maybe I'll have a piece that will final break the 8.0 mark,..
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

That's pretty frickin' awesome Monkey! It seriously looks like the real deal. I can't believe you did free-handed that. Amazing!

dude that looks amazing, you wouldn't think it was even painted, looks too realistic, is this some sort of witchcraft?

Yes,.. and all I had to sacrifice was 3/5ths of a virgin,.. and zabs soul,..

So, he still got his important bits then...
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Shit not again. I was wondering why automatic doors suddenly stopped working for me again. Oh well. It's a shot trip to the inlaws to get it back

The marble is outstanding and the wood is nearly perfect (some of the dark grain seems a little too wide from the photos).

rofl

I'm glad that you guys are enjoying my work. I've been trying to step outside of my comfort zone and try new things as of late. It's helping, because for the past few years, I really had felt like I had "plateaued". But for some reason, I'm trying all these new techniques,.. and they just seem to be clicking. I seem to be getting a whole bunch of "ah-ha!!!" moments all at once. I hope it shows,.. at least a little. Blending, patterning, marbling, and wood graining. May not seem like a lot to some of you guys, but for me, it's a whole lot to stumble into all at once. But thanks for the kind words. As always, it's nice to be appreciated.

Nah man that makes perfect sense. It's the trying new things and genres and taking risks that is where we all grow. I never advanced more than when i left painting only 40k. I always seem to do my best work for others because i take risks and try new crap and then I'm like " shit, I want to keep this one". I'll do it again with my WOK wolves for the NOVA charities this year i just know it!

That marble looks freaking intense! Level-up confirmed.

I know it's been a while since I posted,.. but I haven't been idle. I'm still working on the piece with the marble plinth base, and hopefully that'll be done soon. But for now, here's a project that I've been working on in secret. So far, I've had a lot of fun with it and have actually enjoyed this piece start to finish. That being said,.. I've hit a small hang-up. Below are two different pictures. One showing the model with the jacket, and the other showing him without. I think I may prefer him without,.. but, as always, I've been staring at it for far too long, and need a fresh pair of eyes to help make a decision. So I need to know two things,...

A) Should I go with, or without, the jacket,..

and

B) If I decide to go with the jacket,.. what else to do with it? The plain black is a bit boring. I was thinking maybe something along the lines of a space/galaxy motif,... or perhaps a tiger stripe pattern,.. a flower pattern maybe???

Thoughts would be appreciated,..

or

With the jacket says I! And make it looks like the awesome jean jacket from We Bare Bears!

I would also say jacket on... without it looks a bit empty. Though I would'nt go the galaxy/flowers way... I like Zab's idea ^^
    You could also add something to give it live... maybe something like a white thread seams? or some grey stripes? or maybe some kind of geometric Japanese masculine imprint?
    Name:  2a3ec9a14592a77dd9b267ebb422e9da.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  402.2 KB (I can see nightmares while trying to draw this one though)
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

I say hang the jacket off the end of the limb.

So, here it is with the galaxy motif jacket. Also trying to decide on backgrounds for the photo,..

I'm not a fan of certain types of models. However your wonderful work on all your anime type garage kits has me really considering wanting to purchase a couple and follow your way of painting them up.. astonishing work web.

altough the dark trouser-cape-water blends more into the dark background I think that one is better than the blue one.
    And it turned out pretty nice.

---

I tried some figure-rise kits lately. The fun thing is, that you don't need to paint them at all.
    The eyes for example are made from 4 layered colors, and even eyebrows and inner mouth is cast from plastic into the face.

Of course adding paint and pigments would make them better, but still a nice, fast, relaxing kits.
    Forgot, that it works again.