Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Final pic I think,..

It's only a flesh wound!!!

Very nice.
    I agree with zab: The first (brown) background that you showed is the best.
    He kind of fits in it.
    Last edited by anotherpainter; 01-29-2017 at 03:26 PM.

i really like the new jacket! nice work Webmonkey!

I was against the galaxy option, but now that I see it it looks great! I would suggest you though to amend the thickness of those big "cross" stars they throw me off a little bit.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

The jacket turned out great. Lovely "dazzle" to it.

Well done!
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Lovely model. Not really my kind of thing, but you've done it great work. The jacket's looking awesome

Ok,.. so here's where I went with that marble base. Hopefully you guys aren't disappointed. Getting that black section under the feet to lay down flat without brush stroke took ~FOREVER~. Tried to step up the shading on this one. A bit on the white,.. but especially on the skin. Should I push it further? And the hair needs a bit more love. Didn't run the image through the auto correct program though. Didn't want the white to brighten up to where it killed the shadows. Do you think it needs it?

Holy shit. That is beautiful.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Holy shit. That is beautiful.
    +1
    Skin looks like one of your best IMO.
    Specially like the marble base you did sometime ago (was waiting for it to appear in all it's splendour), now with the circle... looks fantastic with a classic greek touch mixed with a japanese/china look.
    Looking forward for you to finish his hair and to vote up to the gallery.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Ok,.. so here's where I went with that marble base. Hopefully you guys aren't disappointed. Getting that black section under the feet to lay down flat without brush stroke took ~FOREVER~.
    I dont get it. what do you mean with getting it lay down flat? What is the underground made of. do i miss something?

Tried to step up the shading on this one.
    You certainly did! Well done.

Ap>> well, the black kept leaving brush strokes behind in the paint. They aren't large, but will catch the light and make it look like a bunch of tiny lines inbedded in the paint. Getting them to lay down flat and look like one uniform section of black is what took forever. It just didn't want to cooperate.
    Last edited by Webmonkey; 02-08-2017 at 05:50 PM.

you painted the black on the marble? But the gold is not painted right? is it a decal on the black?

Yes and no,.. the gold ring area is actually something I printed onto white sticker paper (because decals are transparent and tend to let the lower colors show through, but I needed certain sections to be white). The center section came as a large white area though. But I wanted it black, hence the need to paint it. Some people might call it cheating, but I really like the look of the end result.

If you said you painted the outer ring of the golden part, i would call you a liar even if you are nakatan
    e gold ring area is actually something I printed onto white sticker paper (because decals are transparent and tend to let the lower colors show through, but I needed certain sections to be white)
    thats the intresting stuff. Why are you guys not talk about stuff like that in your wips more?
    There is no cheating in minture painting (besites editing the picture digital).

oh and my standard note to wood in bases.:
    Varnish is great, i varnished all wood in my bathroom and where its heavily used. Its great because it comes close to oil but makes the wood way more practical.
    When it comes to aesthetic, it can not compete with oil!
    Oh and i just ask so much and complain so much because i really like it.
    Last edited by anotherpainter; 02-08-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Now the wood actually was hand painted. Rings and all.

Get the hair done as you have leveled up on this one. Looks outstanding.

What does it need? It needs to be in my cabinet! gimme gimme! I think you leveled up on this one also.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Thanks guys!! It's nice to be appreciated and to have others acknowledge that I'm advancing,.. even if only by a little. I do look up to you guys, so it truly does mean a lot to me to get your praise and/or feedback. I'll try to get the hair done in the morning and get a photo up in the gallery for voting. I'm hoping to get 50 votes and maybe break the 8.0 mark with this one. So far, I haven't been able to get 50 for any except 1 I think. And for some reason, I can't get past 7.5. Oh well,.. maybe this time around will be different.