Webmonkey's Garage Kits,... - Page 29
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Webmonkey's Garage Kits,...

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    I am SOOOOOOO going to buy this if he produces it,...

Attachment 58115
    I think your signature says it all..."It's only a flesh wound!!!"

Right?! That's a sick sculpt! So dynamic.

It's a scene from Kill Bill or something? because it's amazing and super dynamic... like a still shot from a movie.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Not sure where it's from,.. just saw it and thought it was super cool.
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Teaser for my next project,...
    Name:  20170612_145208.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  941.8 KB

Excellent orange, I know that's a nightmare colour to paint. Good job.

Frustration,... trying to work out a fur pattern. Not sure how to go about simulating hairs on a fur pattern. I know what I want to do,... but there seems to be a brain/hand disconnect. Any thoughts on simulating fur textures???

Ah, the Wolves of Mibu bust, I love that one. I'm still waiting to get my hands on one. You have a very nice orange going there. As far as painting fur, get your brush with the sharpest point and start painting a ton of super thin lines. You can paint lines on top of each other, varying the shades and even adding in a few accent colors, just make sure the lines all go in the same direction. Here's a good reference of fur on a horse that I used when trying to do fur for the bull from Arena Rex.

Well,.. it's coming along. Hopefully it reads as tiger stripes. Still a lot of clean up and fur texturing to do. Not sure how it'll look as the end product, but I'm trying to teach myself more patterning.
    Name:  20170619_153335.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  1,017.6 KB

The projects keep rolling out, WM. Also seems like you've gained a few levels in the time I've been playing hard to get.

I think the tiger-pattern looks great.
    You now only have to do a second coat on some as the yellow underneath shows through and maybe make some(those facing up, or on top) a dark grey instead of black to simulate highlights.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Yeah, a second "touch up" is definitely needed. Also still need to work in the fur texturing. Hopefully that doesn't mess everything up. And still, highlights and shadows are needed. As for the black highlights, I'm torn between going dark grey,.. or perhaps a dark blue highlight. Sort of like the highlights in supermans hair, in the comics. The blue might give better contrast against the orange.

Crap photo,... And there's a lot of work to be done on the face and glove. But it is coming along. Albeit slowly.

Name:  20170704_204355.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  939.9 KB

Looking good.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Oh boy, I just stumbled in here again and I must say, that's an amazing sculpt and you're doing it great justice with the paint job. His expression is really coming to life and that tiger jacket is a nice touch.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

nice progress
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Still going slow. But managed to get the pants painted,... and trying to decide if i like the patten on the mid-layer shirt collar. Thoughts??? (Also, it appears that half my links are broken because of the photobucket debacle, so I'm going to have to spend some time re-uploading all my photos. Sorry to anyone who was trying to look. I'll get it fixed as soon as time allows)

Name:  20170710_175538.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  990.3 KB

mmm I think they are a nice addition (the collar triangles), should you be able to refine them a bit more later will probably look a bit more integrated and clean.
    Also I wouldn't blackline white colour with pure black, would do it with a warm grey in this case or not a pure black colour. Although doing so, you get a bit more manga/comicbook look and that's maybe your intention.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

I like them. Given this guy's style decisions so far, I can't see him ever opting for the less outrageous clothing option! Nice work.