Webmonkey's Garage Kits,... - Page 30
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Webmonkey's Garage Kits,...

Another crap photo. Still gotta get all my pics fixed from photobucket.

Name:  20170717_202211.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  1,007.3 KB
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

I learned a lot on this one,...

Name:  20170730_134356.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  824.3 KB

That was a long haul. Looks good! What do you like best about it and what do you wish you had done differently? I find the bigger scales fun but very effort intensive where as smaller scales are boring to me now but more forgiving of mistakes o_O
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

So,.. it's been a while since I've posted. Been pretty busy at work, haven't had any time to paint. I want to start painting again,.. but somehow I can't seem to find motivation. Seems my muse has left me. How do I get out of this lull???

Name:  IMG_0259.JPG
Views: 337
Size:  191.0 KB

£1240 of pure inspiration.

But seriously, maybe try looking at figures from outside of your usual genre. You might find tackling something different provides enough of a challenge to keep you motivated, and I'm sure there is something to learn by painting something outside of your comfort zone.

Yep, try a new genre or a new medium. Something to help you get back into it. Sometimes it's just the act of sitting down and doing it that kick starts things and gets the flow going! I like taking a romp through my bitz box to bash something together that i would like to paint later.

Been a while,.. but I've managed to start something. As always, it's slow,.. but it's coming along.

Name:  20171015_165705.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  742.7 KB

Blog Entries

So far so good! nice solid start out the blocks!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Vincent Price?

Good to see you back at it.

oooh tough assed ronin! Settles in to watch...

Super smooth blends on the skin. Can’t fault anything with it, and that you’ve managed to paint on crows feet is incredible.

Puts me in the mood for some old black and white horror movies...n possibley pickles...
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Tried to paint again today. Had to struggle through it. Seems my muse has left me. Hope the desire and creative spark come back soon. Have a few projects on the back burner,.. but no desire to dive in and complete them. Be patient with me,... I'm trying to get something accomplished. Hopefully I'll have something new to show soon.

Same feelings on my side of the screen mate. keep on keeping on.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

I had the same problem recently, must have been 6 months without picking up a brush, I'm sure it'll come back but don't force it, that's more likely to push the enjoyment away imo

Edit: also if all else fails, pick up a shameless large breasted girl to paint (a miniature preferably or your wife may complain) works for me

Back and better than ever.

I think part of the problem may be lack of inspiration. I used to find all these great models and paint schemes. But sadly,.. the new GW stuff has taken center stage on almost every site I visit. I tend to dislike GW models (and the company as a whole entity, really). This makes it hard to post positive comments or be inspired by others work. Maybe I'll just do a few anime kits in the meantime, while I wait for my muse to return. When in doubt,... go with whatcha know,..

I know the feeling, GW have been making a big effort lately and as warhammer and 40k are probably the most popular games there's a lot of them going around, perhaps a new forum challenge might drive you (although it seems pretty quiet around here these days) or just have a browse on non gw selling sites and see if anything takes your fancy

Still trying to work on stuff. But the going has been slow. Lots of life drama has been landing in my lap lately. Both good and bad. I usually try to avoid drama like the plague,.. But sometimes it creeps it's way into my life wether I want it or not. On the plus side, won the bid on the new house,.. so I'll be moving soon. On the downside, my grandfather isn't doing well,.. can't talk or swallow on his own anymore. We 're basically counting the hours/days until he goes. In my family, this, of course, brings out the "vultures". Everyone's viaing for what they can get out of the death. And to be honest, this behavior makes me sick. (Sorry guys,.. just had to vent for a moment)