Webmonkey's Garage Kits,... - Page 31
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Webmonkey's Garage Kits,...

It'll be okay. Death is just the beginning of something new. As for the vultures, let them stress and strain. You can't take it with you and they are missing out on the really good parts of life which aren't material. Vent all you like
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    It'll be okay. Death is just the beginning of something new. As for the vultures, let them stress and strain. You can't take it with you and they are missing out on the really good parts of life which aren't material. Vent all you like
    Good advice and we will be here waiting to support you when you get time.

Sorry to hear that, I know what you are going through though as the same thing happened when my Father passed away. Best thing I can say is try not to let them get to you, I know it will be frustrating sometimes, but try to find that happy place so you can calm down from it. Venting to friends actually helps out quite a bit on that front. On the flip side, if it is family members you never really liked to begin with (and we all have them) then let them have it (and by that I mean tell them exactly what you think of their actions). Chances are that they aren't going to care what you say, but maybe you will hit that spot in them so that they see what a tool they are acting like. Congratulations on the new home.

So,.. I'm in the middle of moving to a new home, (pics coming soon) so I haven't painted much. But I was browsing around for something new to paint when I get set up at the new place, and I'm finding a total lack of inspiration. I've been to every site I know of, and well, to be frank,... I'm finding this latest generation of models/busts to be,.. "uninspiring". Most of it's dull an boring. There's nothing that's really jumping out and grabbing me. Is it just me?? Anyone see anything really cool lately,.. something that you just "have to" paint?
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    Anyone see anything really cool lately,.. something that you just "have to" paint?
    at retail? not really. Then again I have such a backlog it's not even funny.
    But I still have some in my wishlist from e2046.
    Quite frankly some of the better releases were from GW these last 2 months (iodeneth (or how it's called, the sea army), the medusae for the female dark elf army)
    Maybe the "Iron Heart" bust (that MetalAsMedium painted 3 version of)

at KS-s? yes.
    - luxumbra minis
    - "new_skin" KS from Ourobos.
    - limbo miniatures upcoming KS looks good
    But after most of the KS-s I had were not that great (either quality, delivery or simply too late) I try to avoid them and buy when they are available at retail or worst case ebay.
    Forgot, that it works again.

For those that haven't seen it,... I'll just leave this right here. They are made from cake,... yes, cake.

https://www.facebook.com/morechinatv...4403181075379/

20 more days!!!! and then the new house will finally be ready for me to move in!!! I'll have my own studio space, so I can get back to painting,.. and be able to have a real photo booth set up and the like. Can't wait.

Ok,... so I finally got into a new house and am still trying to get my work space done. But I'm gonna go ahead and try to get back into painting. I know it's been a while, but thanks for being patient. That being said,... I'm gonna start out with a new kit. I'm gonna try my hand at weathering this one. So, as always,... let start with the base. Hopefully I can do it justice,... let's see how rusty I've gotten for not having painted in so longName:  20181110_171257.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  940.1 KB

Doing some dry fitting. This is actually a very well casted piece. Mould lines and flashing are super minimal, and the fit on the pieces is excellent. Here's a small sneak preview,....Name:  20181111_201301.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  757.4 KB

Great to see you back- muse will return !!!!! Don’t you worry!!! hang in there

Hopefully your new figure will start your motor running!

Thanks guys,... so, step one,.. got the basic rust primer color put on. Next up, I need to mottle some yellows and oranges over the top, to be followed up by some dark brown sponging. Hopefully, this will give me a more realistic rusted look. After all, this is my first experiment with aging/weathering.Name:  20181115_194517.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  963.6 KB

I’ll be following this along closely mate. Love a good bit of weathering

Ok,.. so after mottling some yellows over the top,.. I ended up here,... (I left one raw and one mottled. Hopefully you can see the difference, albeit a slight one) Name:  20181120_183357.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  859.6 KB

Next up ... a little dark brown sponging,.. to help age it a bit,...Name:  20181120_192928.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  991.2 KB

The yellow mottling worked well. I am not convinced of the dark sponging at this point though. Looks too haphazard.

True,.. but much of this is going to be covered by the silver paint in the next couple of steps. Just doing this so that the parts that show through,.. the rust pattern will seem more natural/random.

hehe, I'm completely opposite of KB.

The yellow I just see as a lighter version, the brown one is the randomness I'd expect from an underlayer that will act as rust under the real paint (whatever color the parts will be).

btw which figure is it? Just from the base + legs I can't figure out.
    Forgot, that it works again.

I believe the model is 1/6th scale, and it's called Oscar,.. (been a while since I bought it, so I won't swear to that)