Nice work.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

thanks for the tutorials. They are saved for future use

btw: I see that you airbrush only the base color on the figure and shade it with pastel only. Is there any reason why you don't do it like: basecolor + shades with AB, then strenghten the shades with pastel ?

There's no reason why you can't "pre-shade" with the airbrush. (In which case I would darken the flesh color a bit with a drop or two of an auburn color, and then just follow the same shading pattern as the powder) But I don't find it necessary. The results are nearly as good without it. Plus, for the beginners, I figured it was an extra step that didn't need to be there.

But thanks, its nice to be appreciated.
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

it's coming along a bit slow (not getting much painting time as of late),.. but here's a peek at where I'm at with the cyborg bits,..

Name:  2014-04-04 19.31.01.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  1.38 MB
    Last edited by Webmonkey; 10-01-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Great Youtube videos! I would recommend giving them a title, rather than just "tutorial 1". It makes them get lost in the shuffle without a good painting reference title that they deserve.

The latest and greatest,.. might go with black hair instead though. (up next,.. the wings)

Name:  2014-05-26 16.33.12.jpg
Size:  1.05 MB
    Last edited by Webmonkey; 10-01-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Really coming along nice. I would stick with the brown hair. The black might get lost in the bionic elements.

Mechanical wing added,.. just the feathered wing to go,..

Name:  2014-05-29 17.40.25.jpg
Size:  1.25 MB
    Last edited by Webmonkey; 10-01-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Hatchling Angel,.... complete!!! (I suppose this thread probably belongs of in the WIP section,.. I'll have to ask the mods to move it perhaps)

Name:  2014-06-01 19.18.51.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  1.07 MB
    Last edited by Webmonkey; 10-01-2017 at 11:22 PM.

That turned out lovely! I just scored a cute little cat girl sitting on plinth on the bay of eeeeee for a cool buck. It's a recast, but I won't complain if it's crap since it was a buck :P I'm gonna use it for practice before i tackle my Samus Aran GK figure.

excellent!!! and that's an awesome price. It's nice to find others that do GK stuff. It's sort of a breed apart from the usual mini thing. I got into it because,.. well to be honest,.. I was bored to tears with GW stuff. I like malifaux, but have already painted all the armies that I'm interested in. Please be sure to do WIP shots. I'd be interested to see your work and work techniques. (I'm always on the lookout to "steal" a new way of accomplishing something)

It'll be a while. I'm slowly working my way up in scale, but I think pigments and AB will be great for these anime type kits due to their large smooth surfaces. Hooray for trying new genres! I want to try some semi round flats soon too

well,.. if this is your first time out, feel free to pick my brain if you get stumped at any point. My best advice,.. do NOT ignore the prep-work. Take the time to dry-fit everything and to sand out imperfections like pits and mould lines. And where possible, I suggest painting pieces separately and assembling afterwards.

Thanks for the tips

Not my usual fare,... but a friend of mine asked me to paint up a few ships from a game of his. Hopefully the end product is worth the commission money. (not that I'm charging much,.. $7.00 a head is my usual going rate)

Anyways,... here's a couple of shots of the basic direction that I'm going. Still need to do the front half, and a few details on the back, like the lamps on the sides.

The first ship is just about done. (Onto the next ship I suppose)

As for my own project,... here's the first sneak peek. The black is done, but the red needs a LOT more coats,....

sorry to derail the thread a bit, but do you know a source for this figure, where it could be bought? (ebay, e2046 don't have it, right now I'm googling for shops, that carries GKs)

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/143224

A friend is looking for it. Based on WF items I'd say, that a recast of it would be great, an original greater, a good priced original the greatest.
    To be realistic I'd be happy if I could find a recast GK version of it.

sorry,.. I've searched every site I know,.. and came up with zilch. Sorry to let you down,.. but I'll keep my eyes open.

on the other hand,.. here's an update on my current work. Just not sure if I want the handle plates to stay silver,.. or make them black??