A dame to kill for

Thread: A dame to kill for

Default A dame to kill for

Hy there,

I just finished a quick fun project I wanted to paint for a long time. The idea behind all this was to paint a miniature in a Sin City black/white style. I really like the Sin City comics (also the movie) and since Hasslefree has a "Marv" miniature it HAD to be done!
    Hope you like this little tribute to Frank Miller, even though there are no nice colors or a fance base.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/343852

I believe this place is called cool mini, right? Colours be damned. THAT is a cool mini!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

this must be trippy in real life. awesome job!

Blog Entries

The glow around the figure makes it look to much like a graphic for me. I would love to see it in some normal light. it looks like it must be awesome.

Scroll to bottom at P&P:

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/3150

Awesome, just so damn awesome.

Wow, I especially like how the shadows aren't totally black and it gives a nice stark contrasted look to it. Me, because I like color so much, would've added a red splash of blood somewhere. But it looks great as is!'
    Alzo- I am reminded of this comic...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Scroll to bottom at P&P:

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/3150

Awesome, just so damn awesome.
    Holy Sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Scroll to bottom at P&P: http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/3150 Awesome, just so damn awesome.
    Damn that's fine!

Also thanks for the link, it lead me to Irbis Miniatures.... Coming soon looks like another Steampunk Lady..Oh My Word, how delightful!
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Wow!
    The unedited pict on P&P shows how WOW.
    Very impressive painting & concept.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Blimey! Ruddy amazing. And without a lot of the frippery we typically lavish on minis. Pop-art has come to minis.

Cracking work crackpot! I had a similar idea with mine but yours is sooo much better!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

At first it made my brain hurt... Then it really blew me away! This is incredible! Working in monochrome is never easy in mini painting, and it seems so complicated. Lighting, direction, the starkness against shadow... Great job, Crackpot!

No problem DR. I have links to tons of mini co's on the net big and small. Like around a couple dozen and counting. Since I started wandering from GW I have just bookmarked pretty much everything! I think I even listed them all in one thread or another, but they have grown since.

man this is so well done bravo

Yeah well done! I'd love to see this IRL.

What everyone else said X2! I am blown away.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Thanks guys! Glad you like it.

@sm51498
    Nah, not as trippy as you would think. I am quite happy with the result, not just on the pictures.

@Zab
    Thanks for the link. Many wanted to see unedited pics of the mini, the photoshop background seems a bit exaggerated but I thought it would look cool to embedd the mini in the real comic atmosphere.

@Chrispy
    To be honest, I also thought about a bright red pool of blood behind or next to marv. But then I decided to keep it pure black and white. I can imagine a red pool of blood would have looked cool too.

@Studio_Rio
    It's not as difficult as you imagine. Work with a bright lightsource and you see where the light hits the mini. Or you could also use spray-paint / airbrush to simulate the light (just spray from the direction the light should come from). Then exaggerate the lights and shadows at the transition points. It's not too complicated.

Newbie, please be gentle kingpin's Avatar

I know it's been up for awhile but just saw this....Incredible work and nice setting for the photo shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
    @Studio_Rio
    It's not as difficult as you imagine. Work with a bright lightsource and you see where the light hits the mini. Or you could also use spray-paint / airbrush to simulate the light (just spray from the direction the light should come from). Then exaggerate the lights and shadows at the transition points. It's not too complicated.
    first, it's super, I've looked at it on PnP too and loved it.

on the 'tech' (just to be clear)
    so essentially you just paint it in 2 or 3 'color', where the highlights are using only the strongest HL, etc.?

@MAXXxxx
    Yep thats it. You paint the bright/highlights white and the dark areas/shadows black. The tricky part is the transition between light and shadow. You have to decide where to "cut" the highlight and begin with the shadow. You just have to follow the flow of the highlight. And last but not least, you can hatch some specific transitions where you really want a bit of color transition. Hope you understand what I mean.