Demihuman's DemiWIP - Page 27
Page 27 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Demihuman's DemiWIP

The NMM looks really good mate. I'm not really seeing the mold line you mentioned. But the approach to fixing it is what I'd go with. I used some GS and brushed on VMA primer on the Deamon Prince I haven't quite finished yet (had a horrible mold line on his calf) and it worked just fine.

Yeah, sometimes if the seam is small enough you can fill it in with some gloss varnish or a bead of super glue and the prime and paint over it when dry.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Blog Entries

Here is a little (2-3 hours) progress on the white. I am really trying hard to keep my gradients consistent and even but I keep wanting to black line stuff. It's a little like being snow blind.

Name:  IMG_3407.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  183.1 KB

Nice! You've got some good contrast without going overboard. I think WIP pictures like this are a good way to step back and evaluate how your shadows and blends are working. Seems like most of the minor folds in the suit have subtle shadows which seems right. Meanwhile you've got darker ones under the helmet, around the tubes, and a few other spots which all makes sense.

I also think the NMM red and blue turned out super. Very cool!

Cool. You gonna add and grime or dirt once the asteroid is done? Even in space white has trouble staying clean.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Blog Entries

Thanks guys! Zab there will be tons of dirt, and grime, and burn marks, and ice crystals, and all kinds of good stuff!

I did one more pass on the highlights and a tad more on the shadows and am moving on to the next part of the project.

I have been painting with pictures of Neil Armstrong's suit up on the computer and it's a mixed blessing. Awesome, because you can see what every little lump on the mini is supposed to be, but also terrible because of the way everything is predetermined.

I guess i am looking forward to getting the basic PJ's down so I can be a little more creative. I was almost thinking about going straight historical with this guy and just putting him next to the flag on the moonscape. Both of which come with the model kit. Canny talked me down though, so i am going to stick to the plan for now. I need to add in some stripes or something so that I am not painting Mr Armstrong any more.

Here he is on his rock. Next up is the KO'ed astronaut.

Name:  IMG_3410.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  164.6 KB

Yes, stick with your original plan. On the moon next to a flag is boring. The asteroid and dead astronaut is far more interesting. Bonus points if you add an alien bursting through his chest. :P

Every thing Bailey said. On his last post and the post before.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

this is looking great
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

There's only one way to go with this...

Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Every thing Bailey said. On his last post and the post before.
    Yup. I agree with this assessment.

I thought that was what inspired this piece. Anyways another great work and though its not finished yet I already see it being great like your other scenes.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Meph's idea for the win, would be impressed if you could get the fart bubble in the astronaught's suit !
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Blog Entries

Woo, thank goodness for CMON! Got me right back on track: Alien fart bubbles, got it! Thanks guys! :P

Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

If you don't incorporate space pampers somehow then you are really just wasting your time.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Hahaha tim Alen bursting through his chest! awsome!
    Astro is looking amazing! visor is top notch. Keep up the good work

Canny. Wth dude where you been?

the helmet reflection is great matey as is the suit. can't wait to see it with the ice crystals etc