Demihuman's DemiWIP - Page 67
Page 67 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2060

Thread: Demihuman's DemiWIP

Awesome work Demi , are those bracelets on his wrist or armour , make sure they go with his lipstick , consult Zab he seems to know his lippies...lol

lovely Work demi, specially like the eyes, but I have a thing for eyes
    Regards

David

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maenas View Post
    Would like to be able to do that some day, great face, eyes and scales!
    I am just hoping I can do it on the other side of it's head! Thanks for the kind words and welcome to the forums!

Thanks all! Yeah pretty happy with the eye. I hope my NMM will hold up to the realistic scales. Should have a photo update tomorrow.

Oh, BTW I got my Fiqopedia book from Figone and it is really great. Mr. Bonamant goes in to great detail about a lot of basic concepts. It reads like an art theory text book but then he keeps referencing minis. I am actually quite surprised by how good it is so far. And it came with some very saucy bits of resin.

Read excerpts from the book and just let me tell u how jealous I am right now. You're going to be so art smart...
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Wow man, I really want to see them finished.

Blog Entries

Wow, thanks everyone! Here is a little progress shot of how I am doing the white under parts of the body. This picture just shows the back legs. I guess I should have lined them up from left to right, but I didn't. So on the right is just the same washes as are on the scales, next I have placed some highlights and am sort of feathering those out to cover the whole area. My main color is Weathered Stone with a tiny dab of my orange brown ink in it. And I am also using Rainy Grey and Leather White for darks and lights respectively along with some Cloudy Grey Stormy Grey and the Orange Brown ink and Brown ink for the darkest parts.

I especially wanted to post the middle picture because it looks so crappy. When I was starting out I would get to about that point and throw my hands up in the air. But it turns out that all it needs is a little cleaning up and some blending then some nice light glazes and you get to the farthest left leg, which I think looks pretty cool. Did I mention Matte Medium? It is my new wonder stuff for controlling blends. When you thin your paint with it, it does a really great job of keeping the paint even and stable as you apply it. Who knew?

I am playing with working some of the Weathered Stone and Leather White back into the highlights on the scales and drawing the cracks from between the scales out onto the smooth white with some purple and blue ink. what do you think?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks swell. Eggshells look nice, too.

The bluish tint in the white is really nice, really makes it look translucent.

Those early steps as you say look bad, but the end result is excellent ! Next teach us how to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Demi your painting has really jumped up over the last few minis
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Awesome work on the scales.The whole work looks great!!!

Yeah looking swell! Love that the scales don't all have the same colour.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    Yeah looking swell! Love that the scales don't all have the same colour.
    This. I like when people show the crappy midpoint as well. I think many noobies get frustrated at that point and do not take the next step to make it awesome.

Demi, these guys are seriously looking great. I don't know why you worried that you had messed them up, the tones are gorgeous!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda.
    "I can only improve if I push myself to the highest goals." -me.

Check out my wip. I'm sure I could use all of the help I can get to improve my skills. http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...100-djlose-wip

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Thanks 10! You're doing pretty good too :P

Seriously though, I am constantly trying to improve. Brush control, paint control, color theory, composition, and speed are things I am constantly trying to push myself on.

Last fall I took an airbrushing workshop with Mr. Justin of Secret Weapon and we talked a lot about painting with transparent colors. Of course that is the idea behind glazing, but seeing some of the transparent artist inks, particularly the Daler Rowney inks, shot through the airbrush, where you can do 80 layers in like 30 seconds, really brought it home to me how to manipulate my blends a little better and a little more predictably by thinning my paint a little better. I mentioned the Matte Medium in my previous post and should point out that painting with inks, instead of just splashing them into cracks, can produce nice results.

Another thing that has really helped me, has been to get a couple of solid paint recipes in my head. Something that I like about painting, and all creative endeavors I suppose, is how you get to experiment as you go along. Experimenting is fun for sure, but when you first start out that is all you do. It's nice to have a couple of recipes and techniques that give consistent results. Bailey's neutral grey quintet from his blog post on painting white (http://powellminipainting.blogspot.c...ing-white.html) has been especially useful because it's easy to tweak with transparent colors.

One other thing I am doing a lot more that goes along with have predictability and consistency is planning out a paint job from beginning to end before I start painting. So that by the time I primer, I have the base all done and my color scheme picked out. It makes thing go faster and I don't end up in as many cul de sacs.

Okay, here is the second head basically done on the reptosaurs:

Got all the skin done on the third guy as well just need to finish his face then I can start on the NMM, which I am looking forward to. Lot's of nice regular surfaces for the nmm, no compound curves or convexities