Demihuman's DemiWIP - Page 69
Page 69 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2060

Thread: Demihuman's DemiWIP

Woza I think your going fantastic, just go darker on the last 2% of the shadow and increase the light zones maybe 3-4%. You really see the dark in the BW pick but the light is not quite big enough and bright enough IMO
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

Hmm, okay doing some reworking on the NMM. Gonna try to make it generally lighter while maintaining big contrast.

In other new here is my entry for the Shades of grey contest:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/376636

I did do something different with the picture, but not my original idea. You'll just have to click the link to see

Awesome story Demi.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Cartoony, old GW gold style indeed. Perfect, couldn't have done as good myself. Plus the reflections and placement of dark vs light is spot on. What did you use as your base?

I too love looking at Vincent's gold. He is actually a ton of help if you ever PM him, especially if it is regarding SENMM. He does the best SENMM gold in the biz! Did you know he basically started painting and won the Slayet Sword in the same year? He puts a ton of work into a mini tho, 300+ hours.

Add scratches, if you dare, by using your brightest highlight BEFORE pure white and making a small line, then a pure black line underneath. Or in a couple spots make a small dot with the bright then make a half crescent in black around half of the dot. Good way to make holes and scratches, but easy to overdo. They must be super super thin.
    Last edited by BloodFather of Kharnath; 03-29-2015 at 11:18 PM.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Blog Entries

Thanks guys. Thanks BFoK. Something is still not working for me on the NMM I tried some SENMM and am not really happy with that either so i think I am going to try some different colors for the "gold". As it is I fee the gold is a little too warm maybe? So I am going to go see if I can't cook up a little better recipe. Here is a pick of my SENMM try-out though:

I think SENMM is pretty fun and maybe easier than NMM Try it out! Especially nice on cylindrical objects.

And BFoK, here is my paints for the gold:

Basing with the Oiled leather, then adding a drop of yellow to the browns, Painting my gradients, then glazing with the orange-y artist ink. With spots of pure white and black. It's a good recipe but I feel like it's not working with the greens and yellows i already have. Hoping to enter these guys in a real life competition this summer so I want to get them right

Looks pretty solid to me, maybe if you bring some of the greens up into the gold like it's picking up the color of the scales a bit?
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Looks pretty solid to me, maybe if you bring some of the greens up into the gold like it's picking up the color of the scales a bit?
    I tried that and it didn't really do it for me. I think I am going to go for a more brass look. Trying to figure out a new formula right now. These guys have great faces and I don't want to have glaring metals take away from that.

I like the colors for the gold. The hammer looks good, but something about it doesn't quite read SENMM to me. I'm looking at that large back surface and wondering if the light white line (above the dark spot) shouldn't be bigger. Start the blend into the white a bit higher so the light area is larger.

Of course, keep in mind that I've done almost no NMM and absolutely no SENMM so use your own judgement.

Rusty assed metal or patina'd copper/bronze? Chipped ceramic - then it can be any color you like...

Blog Entries

Well, I am not going to do SENMM, it's a neat effect, but I don't think it works for these guys. To me SENMM means that your metal is polished and that doesn't make a ton of sense for these guys, as Zab already pointed out. I also feel like the rich warm yellows and oranges in the gold are too close to those same colors in the green skin. So, I think I am going to go with something more like this:

and here it with the rest of the dude:

Need to go darker on the dark parts but this is what how i am going with out any horizon lines... for now
    Last edited by Demihuman; 04-01-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Very cool reptile, maybe some cold colour?

Blog Entries

How about brass? I feel like this works a little bit better an gives me some more options with weathering.

Holy crap, why don't you just run a live feed and ask us to comment while you paint?! That was bloody fast!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Well my cell phone camera tends to smooth things out a little bit. Also no one is home right now. So I feel like a super man Seriously though, how do you like the color?

Blog Entries

An here is my recipe before I forget it. Base coat with RMS Bone Shadow with a drop of Vallejo Deep yellow in it, then first high light is RMS Terran khaki also with some yellow, highlight with Vallejo German Yellow. dark shades with RMS Woodstain Brown. Black and white to taste.

I think the color is maybe closer to white gold than brass, but its still reading as metallic so that is good It also fits the pallet better and draws less from the mini.

I agree with Zab. I might not know much about color theory and pallets but that does seem to go better with the skin tones. I am still mesmerized by the scales by the way.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-