Inspiration.

Thread: Inspiration.

Default Inspiration.

What inspires you? What makes your creative process run? What do you do when you hit that proverbial "wall"?
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

I'm inspired when i'm really happy or really sad: strong emotions helps me. One of my big sources of inspiration is nature.. you know, looking at eye-catching views, pictures with strong colors, or just the sky out of my window.

Recently i realized it really inspires me to paint in company of someone, but that's not always possible.

And when you hit the wall, sometimes i have to just smash it and force myself to paint: after a few hours, i feel like i did the right thing, and the "wall" was just an excuse for being lazy. :P

Sometimes the wall it really is, and for me the only solution is to stop and do something else for a few days.

It would be interesting to know how others relates to your question.

I read about this technique in, I think, Mental Floss- Early in the morning, when you are at your most creative, write down anything that comes to you. This free-writing style is great because you don't feel the need to try and write the world's best novel or whatever and it's strange how things will go. Another thing along these lines is to make a squiggle and make a picture with it.

Other than that, I keep questioning myself to get answers on things I'm thinking of. Here's an example, using my twin succubi Alla and Valla. I had an idea to sketch pictures of succubi as different RPG class/archetypes. I immediately knew I had to have a priest/ white mage and a typical wizard/ sorceress. I decided to use the upwards chevron /\ and downwards chevron \/ as a feature of them both. Because they were both based off of the same shape, but opposite I determined they were twin sisters. To give a ying/yang feel their hair would be opposite colors, which I justified by saying that the primal forces of positive and negative energy shaped them- which also gave me reason for the red/blue eyes.

Creative people and geniuses have a better advantage because they are able to make connections that the rest of the population can't automatically make. There's been times when people were baffled and I was like "What if it was in reverse?" and it helped. Little things can make all the difference, hence the journal/squiggle exercise. Just let loose and have fun and most importantly write down your good ideas!!!

Going through my minis to see what combos would make cool or weird scenes, and mind numbing household chores. Look at all those damn leaves...stupid Canada, stupid fall. Hmm, maybe rage too? I'm like Homer. I;m a rage-aholic. I can't live without rage-ahol.
    Name:  angry-homer.gif
Views: 280
Size:  19.1 KB
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by moetle View Post
    What inspires you? What makes your creative process run? What do you do when you hit that proverbial "wall"?
    LIFE, LIVING, COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE.

What makes it run? Technically; A classic depressive personality, which needs to be fully occupying my conciousness. With out something to occupy me, creative or entertainment wise I'm very easily drawn into a "fuge" state and spiral down into a depressive collapse. Which is why painting 2 and 3D works for me.

The Wall; Not so easy, Books, other occupational 'activities' which have an end result, (woodwork, drawing, watercolours), Writing. Even an absorbing TV show or DVD. While some people can just exercise, gym etc, I know my psycology is "End product/Result" structured so treadmills, exercise bikes don't work. However Fell/Hill walking does.

Hey you asked
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

For me inspiration can come from anywhere, a good movie, a good description in a book, a poem even looking at a pattern in wallpaper and seeing what I can see in it (comes in useful when subjected to programs like top model, which can actually be useful depending on subject matter).
    The wall can be helped to overcome with help, I normally ask someone else what they think. They may have the solution or inspire me to the answer.
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

I like weird stuff
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

I'm almost afraid to ask for specifics - though, it is Halloween...
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo