1966 Oldsmobile 442

Thread: 1966 Oldsmobile 442

Default 1966 Oldsmobile 442

Hello again CMON crowd! I've been lurking and silent for a long time as things are so crazy for me these days. But I'm still painting, and I finally got around to posting a new CMON submission.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/344398

Name:  1966Olds442-COMP.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  233.1 KB

This is the 1966 Oldsmobile 442 kit from AMT models -- it's not much, but I had wanted to work my way through some new effects, such as the broken safety glass, and this was a great model for that. Of course there are a LOT of details that you can only see by peering in through the windows, like the scratch built backseat, and all of the trash.

Name:  1966Olds442-020.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  186.8 KB
    Name:  1966Olds442-005.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  161.7 KB
    Name:  1966Olds442-016.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  97.6 KB
    Name:  1966Olds442-021.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  789.6 KB

I've got another civilian vehicle on my desk, and then I'm going to get back to working on things that go BOOM! and PEW! I promise.

Nice one
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

awesome job mate love the details that you put it very worth the effort
    more pics here if you want a squiz http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jason

Geez. That's awesome.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Many thanks!

I really need to get a shot for the voting that shows off the broken glass....

Bloody lovely, how did you do the glass then? DO you just have some broken glass and layer it with the water?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

I made a VERY thin layer of Realistic Water, and then sprinkled in the Secret Weapon Crushed Glass. Once it dried I cut it to shape and glued it in place of the windows.

This is on the top of my tutorial video list right now -- cooking show style though, so you don't have to watch a 24 hour video of glue drying

I would have suggested taking some of the secret weapon "glass" and sprinkling some inside where the windows were broken. Otherwise, this is perfect! :-D

That's actually there -- and in the top right photo you can see some of it. Of course from the angle I took the photo it just looks like a line of white paint across the boot... but it's there