Hello all 1st Post

Thread: Hello all 1st Post

Default Hello all 1st Post

Just a word of greetings to all out there on the CMoN forums.
    I am a long time player and painter Originally from NYC, Now in NJ.
    I am hoping to gain more insight and knowledge to take my painting to another level.

Right now im painting mostly 40K, but I have painted figures from other companys.
    Hopefully I will post some pix soon.

Thanks for reading. Im looking forward to participating.

Rayrod64

Welcome to CMON!
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Welcome to CMON. Since you mentioned you're from the NYC area you might want to take a look at this http://www.longislandmodelsoldiers.c...S_Model_S.html

This is a miniature painting group from Long Island that is holding their annual show in about a week and a half. It is definitely worth checking out if you aren't too far away. You'll see some really top notch work in person and that's hard to beat. Plus its a chance to meet the artists and ask questions in person. A couple friends and I are driving up from the DC area for it. A show like this will have a mix of entries, plenty of larger scale (54mm to 90mm) historical figures, vehicle models, and fantasy/sci-fi figures. They even have a special category devoted just to wargame figures. This show judges on the open system which is quite different from what you'd find at a Golden Demon or Crystal Brush competition. Instead of picking a single 1st, 2nd, 3rd, all entries are judged against a set standard. So every entry that merits a gold medal gets one. And so on for silver and bronze, followed by certificates of merit. Its a nice way to recognize everyone's work.

Welcome to the community.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Welcome to the forum You've come to the right place if you're after advice and guidance on improving!