Canadian Gobo

Thread: Canadian Gobo

Default Canadian Gobo

Here is my latest mini...
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/345866

It was a fun little side project. I got him in ME32 and was looking for a reason to paint him up. 5th Dimension wanted some gobos from around the world for a gobo army photo montage so, BAM! I painted him up here and there over a few weeks when I needed a break from my Fianna for the Aussie relief auction or my Sleeping Chibi diorama. I was able to play with highlighting up to white and shading down to black which has scared me for a while and it was great! Damn hard to photo without washing everything out, so I even learned a few new photo tricks. I also played with powders on the base and jeans and undershirt a bit. I am most proud of the plaid shirt, though. Thanks for looking, back to Sleeping Chibi and the OSL...ugh...
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

I really like how he turned out, though you might have added some maple leaves on the base for some extra canadianess

Pffft! That's just a stereotype like how it constantly snows up here or how we like hockey and beer and maple syrup... and... as I type this there is literally a blizzard starting outside! Oh well, I guess that is no surprise given that it's -14 Celsius. ~sigh~

Plaid came out really nice on this, Zab. And the overall Grunge look comes out with the jeans, too! I'm kinda with atgill- if you're gonna make him Canadian, embrace the stereotypes and have a moose in a hockey outfit chugging a beer and eating poutin on the base.
    But this works!

Thanks! Poutine, is from Quebec. The jury is still out on whether we're letting them stay or not - that last referendum was close...too close...

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Thanks! Poutine, is from Quebec. The jury is still out on whether we're letting them stay or not - that last referendum was close...too close...
    Just before we visited the polite nation, our niece was going on aboot Poutine.
    It's just Cheesy chips w'gravy.
    They been eating that in Bradford and Halifax (*) for decades and Brussels for even longer.
    Quebois just nicked it from the Belgians.

(* That's them real ones int Yorkshire)
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

hell yeah hes classic, love the styles reminds me of Al from Tool time although hes most likley not Canadian. The contrast came out great, Brush power to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Just before we visited the polite nation, our niece was going on aboot Poutine.
    It's just Cheesy chips w'gravy.
    They been eating that in Bradford and Halifax (*) for decades and Brussels for even longer.
    Quebois just nicked it from the Belgians.

(* That's them real ones int Yorkshire)
    I think you'll find that cheesy chips with gravy in a muffin (that's a bread roll or bap or bread cake to the loosing side of the pennines) with tommy sauce was a staple in Manchester for bloody ages. I remember eating that at lunchtime nipping to the chippy 20p in my pocket dripping it all down my front while scoffing it while it was still radioactively hot and then back to lessons......sod healthy living it fended off the arctic conditions of the Mancunian summer.

All misty eyed with nostalgia
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    ............ nipping to the chippy 20p in my pocket.................
    Bloody hell Andy 20p chips in Manchester. Didn't realise you were THAT old!!!Zab, sorry for derailing your thread. I do like the plaid work on the shirt, takes some cojones to attempt that. Even more to get it to work as well as you have.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Ha! No problem. Poutine is a serious issue. The plaid wasn't registering with just the black and red on such a small scale until I added the white stripe and then it all clicked. Having a good reference photo you can take a long look at helps too:
    Name:  redplaid shirt.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  6.0 KB
    Sorry... what was I saying? Something about poutine...

Nice job Zab.