Lack of any updates about Kaosball is sickening.
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Lack of any updates about Kaosball is sickening.

  1. #1

    Default Lack of any updates about Kaosball is sickening.

    I wanted to create this thread to hopefully raise some awareness to individuals who might not know or be as concerned about what's going on with this Kickstarter as many in the community are..

    Some dates:

    Facebook page: Last post was August 12th.
    CoolMini Forum: Last post from Mr Lang was July 8th
    Kickstarter: Last update Sept. 7th

    It is intensely discouraging that the creators of a game who so passionately sold us their idea can't take 30 minutes to write a paragraph about any progress in the production of this product.

  2. #2

    Default

    Not surprising at all to tell the truth,I asked for a refund on Kaosball,it took 3 weeks for them to get back to me and then another 4 weeks to actually receive the refund. I love this site but when it comes running KS's CMON are all about promoting the current project and when it ends its on to the next project with no real thought given to prior projects. I originally backed Zombicide and Sedition Wars,after the crappy handling of both of them I was apprehensive about backing others yet I jumped on board for Relic Knights, Zombicide Season 2, Rivet Wars, Wrath Of Kings & Kaosball but decided in the end to not carry through with any of them. I'm happy that I didn't now,RK is now 6 months overdue and still no end in sight and to be honest I don't care to waste my time checking on any others. I really want to back Alien Vs Predator but the fact that CMON are handling distribution for the Americas with no idea who's handling it for Australia and the Pacific Rim I sadly have to avoid it, I'm not running the risk of getting screwed again. My advice to you-ask for a refund and never back a CMON project again,no matter how awesome it is.
    Here's a link to ask for a refund if you're interested-kickstarter@coolminiornot.com

  3. #3

    Default

    I'd love to be so bold as to ask for a refund but I want this game very much. I love the games premise and my son and friends are very keen to play it.

    It had better be TOP notch and delivered on time...but I guess Im ask to much to expect the latter.

    VERY disappointed in Eric Lang ESPECIALLY...they way he initially spruiked this game as one he has WANTED to make for YEARS and pleaded for our backing. Last time I believe him and his credibility is shot as far as Im concerned.

  4. #4

    Default

    I totally agree, this level of silence is completely unacceptable. A simple acknowledgement that the game is still in the pipeline would go a long way to address the concern.

    However, since the project isn't due for another several months, we can't really say for sure that all is lost. It does keep coming up that this is typical CMON behavior. Although, it is very worrying that even the Kaosball creator, Eric Lang, hasn't kept up with the community at all, especially after all the huge support he expressed during the campaign.

    I'd suggest against a mass exodus of refunds until we get more confirmation on the state of the project.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oktane View Post
    I really want to back Alien Vs Predator but the fact that CMON are handling distribution for the Americas with no idea who's handling it for Australia and the Pacific Rim I sadly have to avoid it, I'm not running the risk of getting screwed again. My advice to you-ask for a refund and never back a CMON project again,no matter how awesome it is.
    prodos is handling it from the uk.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    However, since the project isn't due for another several months, we can't really say for sure that all is lost. It does keep coming up that this is typical CMON behavior. Although, it is very worrying that even the Kaosball creator, Eric Lang, hasn't kept up with the community at all, especially after all the huge support he expressed during the campaign.
    One of my worst fears is that we aren't getting ANY information or insight into the workings of bringing this game to market and that last minute we're going to have a "sorry guys, even though we said this game was 90% finished we're gonna have to push the release date a few months!" And then a few months later they push the release again.

    It's really sad going back and watching the Kickstarter video and seeing Eric Lang passionately support Kaosball only to leave it by the wayside.

  7. #7

    Default

    I'm not really that worried about the project getting pushed back. As they say, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." If I eventually get the game in the state I paid for, as advertised (or better), I'll be happy regardless of how long it takes (within reason).

    I'm much more worried about either;

    Never getting the game at all, past the point of refunds being an option.
    OR
    Getting a game that is vastly different from what they advertised and we paid for, also past the point of refunds being an option.


    As an extreme pessimist, it is very hard for me to be optimistic, so try to believe me when I say to try not to be worried just yet. Over-hype can destroy a game before the game is even released. Although, as a pessimist, I can't help brainstorm things that may have gone wrong...

    1. Copyright issues over things like Godzilla, Xena, King Kong, ect..
    2. They said they were going to separate the playing field from the scoreboard, this might have drastically altered the production timeline.
    3. Perhaps they looked into ways to make the figs pre-painted, which case they would likely all have to be re-done in a different format.
    4. Since the game is being produced by CMON, Eric may be under some form of NDA to not talk about the game.
    Last edited by Wolfie; 11-26-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Formatting, Spelling, Structure

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dhupp View Post
    One of my worst fears is that we aren't getting ANY information or insight into the workings of bringing this game to market and that last minute we're going to have a "sorry guys, even though we said this game was 90% finished we're gonna have to push the release date a few months!" And then a few months later they push the release again.

    It's really sad going back and watching the Kickstarter video and seeing Eric Lang passionately support Kaosball only to leave it by the wayside.
    This is really what bothers me the most. Eric Lang made it seem like this was a passion project, and then he disappears after it's funded. Yet he's got time to bullshit on twitter. There's a disconnect there that is bothersome.

  9. #9

    Default

    I would not worry about the missing updates, it is quite common CMON behavior (BAD, but common). I would like a update from Eric, but as the designer I am not sure that he knows more about the production than we do.

    Most Kickstarters gets delayed, I try to forget about a game once ithe Kickstarter is done. And some day in the future a great game shows up on my doorstep

  10. #10

    Default

    Looks like an unboxing video has been posted by CMON on YouTube.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLsfJ...wPuHvNOl8G3P5g

    Not that they have bothered to tell anyone.
    Last edited by Arden Fell; 12-04-2013 at 08:14 AM.

  11. #11

    Default

    Yeah, I posted a comment on youtube saying about the same thing. That's great that they have an unboxing, letting the people who are actually GETTING kaosball would have been better. Seems typical of them, I will hold out hope to get this in the near future, but I am never, ever giving CMoN my money.

  12. #12

    Default

    I guess the Daemon's dashboard has been finalised then...

    Nice to see the basic box. Looking good!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->