Sleeping Chibi

Thread: Sleeping Chibi

Default Sleeping Chibi

FINALLLY! I thought I'd never finish this one!!! I am most proud of the NNM & reflection on the blade (thanks for the helps with that guys), the dragons eye's and the OSL which took FOREVER! Remind me NEVER to do it on that scale again.

Wide shot montage:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/346560

Detail montage:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/346561

I'll throw up all the pictures on my blog at some point in the future too and let you know as there are some angles & details I just couldn't fit into the montages.
    Time for a break with some table top DV cultists...
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Blog Entries

Whoa! Looks great! This is better looking than the pics on the reaper forum. I am still not 100% on the base OSL but the dragon and the knight look great!
    Last edited by Demihuman; 12-04-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Ugh, don't get me started on the OSL In order to get the oranges to show up right I had to shoot very dark dramatic pictures, but that made everything else too dark so I had to do the second set of close ups with better lighting so that you could see the work that went into the rest of the piece Turns out becoming a cabinet painter means you have to become a cabinet photographer too - Oi!

NEVER AGAIN!!! At least not on this scale anyway. Still it was a fun experiment and wasn't meant to look even close to real, in fact more surreal. This was a real love/ hate/ rage/ fun piece. But NEVER AGAIN!!! Although, I do have this idea for a diorama based on the Black Library audio drama Helion Rain...

Blog Entries

You know what? I think this is going to net you an "8+" and to me that is a Big Deal. I feel like there is a balance between frustration and learning so if you have one you are sure to have the other.

Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain.

Good work my man!

btw, those DV cultists are pretty sweet! Did you see We7's treatment? I have that whole box sitting in the garage too. Maybe in January!

wow zab it turned out awesome the osl is cool but man you nmm on the sword is wicked
    more pics here if you want a squiz http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jason

Demi, holy crap! I am so not doing anything close to what We7 did. Those look amazing!!! Ouch, I can't believe my own signature came back to bite me in the butt
    Jason, thanks. I love the nnm too, but I think it might have been a fluke. We'll see if I can do it again on another piece. Maybe NMM metal has clicked for me, but NMM gold is still a struggle so there is always more to learn!

Wow. This looks like a scene from a video game or something. Great job with the lighting and such.

Thanks! It was fun.

Awesome job, Zab.. I might try to use the same style of flames for my 54mm elf for her base.. I will check out your WIP and see if you describe how to do them.

Khonner

It was so awesome, watching all the elements come together- even with the skull/fianna interlude on the WIP log! Came out great, Zab!

Thanks guys!