Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 296977787980 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1581

Thread: Zoggin Git'z WIP Pit

No, it's all being done in chavant clay. Details and all. Got the main shapes to the point I'm happy with. Now moving onto details.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Oh m g I love that egg,xenomorph,dont fret ill be staring the bust in a bit,first "the move!" :/

I already see it painted with that wet look and the yellow green goop.... hahaha it looks excellent Diggs ^^
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5377 out of 235568 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

Can't wait to see this one with details! It has nice movement in it.

Alright, progress on the alien egg. I am pushing hard to finish. I am questionable if I should add more something...to the texture of the egg itself...what do you guys think?
    Name:  20170711_074138.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  214.4 KB
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Love the texture on the egg the only thing I would add is some veins stemming from the bottom
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

I agree with Warsculptor. In the movies the eggs look almost grown onto whatever surface they are attached to, so you could have a wider flatter base representing this.

Ho ho ho that's freaken awesome.

Yuck! I mean Great! hahahaha
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5377 out of 235568 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

Looks awesome. Giger would be proud. Should be a lot of fun to apply slime etc. to that! How big is it, scale-wise?

You guys are pretty much hitting the final idea of it. If you notice the very bottom of the egg is not detailed, thats where I plan on incorporating it into the slimy veins and tubes and other alien looking fodder on the ground. The egg is probably a little taller than a space marine, I will try to throw something in there for scale reference on the next photo. Plan on doing a twitch stream of sculpting on it this weekend if all goes well.
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    You guys are pretty much hitting the final idea of it. If you notice the very bottom of the egg is not detailed, thats where I plan on incorporating it into the slimy veins and tubes and other alien looking fodder on the ground. The egg is probably a little taller than a space marine, I will try to throw something in there for scale reference on the next photo. Plan on doing a twitch stream of sculpting on it this weekend if all goes well.
    In that case your texturing of the egg looks spot on! Are you going to be painting the model as well or just sculpting?

I might paint it after I cast it. I have big plans, but with my track record, I am a winner if I can finish the sculpting part of it.
    ." -Me-

And I think a lot of detail will come from painting it as well. That thing is just begging for strands of transparent mucus.

Btw Alien Covenant, for me, was better than I had feared, and just a little bit worse than expected, but face-huggers never disappoint.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Great egg. Instantly recognisable for what it is.

Alien Covenant was better than Prometheus, but still not in the same league as Alien. Too much plot. Very little actually happens in Alien, but the suspense carries that plot the whole way through the film.
    error 404: signature not found

Yeah i havent see the new alien movie but i played an aliens game last year that scared the bejeesus out of me.
    ." -Me-

WOW That egg looks awesome! Good job man!

Hey Tee, thx for stopping by and having a look. I appreciate it
    ." -Me-

Egg sculpt looking spot on and no one could be in any doubt what they were looking at...personally I would leave the sinewy bits at the base as these would be nicer added as UHU type stringy tendrils after painting.

a cluster of these with a couple of facehugger arms reaching out of one would be pretty cool